The Bay 13 Triple j (the music used to be better 20 years ago) hottest 100 thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

The last time I really cared about the Hottest 100 was 1996, I was outraged when Buy Me A Pony beat Stinkfist for no.1.

Not that I hated Buy Me A Pony but Stinkfist was clearly the better song.

I saw Tool at the Brixton Academy in 2001 on their Lateralus tour and we were in the bar up the back, they played The Grudge off Lateralus to start with and the bar was still packed but then they played Stinkfist and I've never seen a bar clear out quicker in my life, the whole place went apeshit.

Nope. I'm calling out this rose-colored glasses bullshit and not before time.

Triple J is ******* trash. Its ALWAYS been trash, even back when they occasionally played decent rock. Their DJs have always been pretentious w***ers, essentially edgelords before anyone knew what an edgelord was who tried to prove how hip they were with their taste in music, when they weren't playing the same s**t songs that happened to be flavor of the month over and over and over which was most of the time.

Yeah they made a thing of promoting Australian music (before Aussies start making hip hop so it was worth listening to) and I respect them for that, but some of the absolutely tasteless trash they played for the sake of presenting themselves as a 'progressive' station killed how many minutes of Triple J I could stand.

Its a bit like ABC Classic, if only they'd STFU and play the ******* music they'd be bearable, but noooooo they have to make a big production of their role in the whole "scene" and what a wonderful thing they're doing as if we couldn't possibly hear this music any other way like oh I dunno by simply walking into a record store or downloading Itunes. Pretentious douchebags like these can GAGF, and no I'm not referring to their listeners but don't tempt me.

Triple J was great in the 90s, Mikey Robbins and Helen Razor doing breakfast in the mid 90s, then Mikey, Sandman and Paul McDermott in the late 90s.

You also had Richard Kingsmill at night who played all the latest great albums and singles while you had Roy and HG on Sunday afternoons talking sport.

I used to listen to Triple J about 95% of the time back in the 90s and then it got wound back through the 2000s to where I don't listen to Triple J at all.

People say it's because I'm getting older but I think it's more to do with Triple J getting worse, they play worse music and have worse presenters, it's s**t.

The fact that Triple J shifted the Hottest 100 away from Australia Day to another date just to be politically correct just shows how lame it has got.

The millennials have ruined a once great radio station, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Inb4 ok boomer.

Triple J was great in the 90s, Mikey Robbins and Helen Razor doing breakfast in the mid 90s, then Mikey, Sandman and Paul McDermott in the late 90s.

You also had Richard Kingsmill at night who played all the latest great albums and singles while you had Roy and HG on Sunday afternoons talking sport.

I used to listen to Triple J about 95% of the time back in the 90s and then it got wound back through the 2000s to where I don't listen to Triple J at all.

People say it's because I'm getting older but I think it's more to do with Triple J getting worse, they play worse music and have worse presenters, it's s**t.

The fact that Triple J shifted the Hottest 100 away from Australia Day to another date just to be politically correct just shows how lame it has got.

The millennials have ruined a once great radio station, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Inb4 ok boomer.
Agreed. The Countdowns in the 90s-early 2000s were crackers all the way through

Don't listen to radio at all these days.
Spotify Premium all the way.
Only heard Dance Monkey once, at the Grand Final. Seriously had NFI who they were.
Same here.

My son set up a Spotify account for me over Christmas. I've never looked back.

I was a Triple J listener up until the mid 2000's. Full of s**t music and snowflake presenters now.

Nope. I'm calling out this rose-colored glasses bullshit and not before time.

Triple J is ******* trash. Its ALWAYS been trash, even back when they occasionally played decent rock. Their DJs have always been pretentious w***ers, essentially edgelords before anyone knew what an edgelord was who tried to prove how hip they were with their taste in music, when they weren't playing the same s**t songs that happened to be flavor of the month over and over and over which was most of the time.

Yeah they made a thing of promoting Australian music (before Aussies start making hip hop so it was worth listening to) and I respect them for that, but some of the absolutely tasteless trash they played for the sake of presenting themselves as a 'progressive' station killed how many minutes of Triple J I could stand.

Its a bit like ABC Classic, if only they'd STFU and play the ******* music they'd be bearable, but noooooo they have to make a big production of their role in the whole "scene" and what a wonderful thing they're doing as if we couldn't possibly hear this music any other way like oh I dunno by simply walking into a record store or downloading Itunes. Pretentious douchebags like these can GAGF, and no I'm not referring to their listeners but don't tempt me.

giphy.gif

Jeeeepers there is a lot of old grumpiness going.
JJJ always has and always will play the music for there demographic at that particular time, which I am guessing is not most of us.
I don’t like it and never have, I can bare it in small doses but I can see the value. Rather my kids listen to RRR or PBS, but I don’t think there taste is that refined yet, so if they listen to JJJ it’s better than the crap on MMM, fox or the other shite on the radio.
Old man rant over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1824 with Symphony no. 9. Was raging favourite.
Did you know when the CD was in development Sony & Phillips decided its capacity by reasoning it had to be long enough to hold Beethoven's 9th?

Look out for my fascinating Betamax trivia coming soon™

Wish 3XY was still going.
They had great stickers with stuff like “3XY Rocks Altona”.
Austin_McCrabbs would remember that stuff.
I remember this, and I think they had a competition where you could win it.
sooooooooo wanted it, don’t know what a 7year old would do with it but it was *kkkkkkin cool.
84EC2806-86C7-49CF-A984-7DA1D6842DB3.jpeg

I remember this, and I think they had a competition where you could win it.
sooooooooo wanted it, don’t know what a 7year old would do with it but it was fu**kkkkkkin cool.
View attachment 812230
The good old Holden Bedford, what a cool machine.
Would’ve had shag pile carpet and a 12 inch TV in the back.

Triple j is ******* dog s**t
cant stand Eilish either, another hipster campaigner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back