Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you mean by, the lack of information, mainly from public records ...... to hide that information?
You can request to have many records of yourself removed from online sites but it is not easy task to do and can be quite costly. Someone with time on their hands could get it done. The type of records I am referring too are
Births Deaths and Marriages
Genealogy Records
Occupation Registers
Court Records
Criminal Records
etc
They can be State or Federal records...

Yes, but the comment was that the golden age is over. There will always be pedos but it's harder for them to predate now, easier to catch them now, and victims are believed now. i.e. the golden age is over.
Yes, that makes sense. It's still happening, but the statue of limitation has been abolished and children are believed, parents hopefully are more aware and pedos will spend time locked away

You can request to have many records of yourself removed from online sites but it is not easy task to do and can be quite costly. Someone with time on their hands could get it done. The type of records I am referring too are
Births Deaths and Marriages
Genealogy Records
Occupation Registers
Court Records
Criminal Records
etc
They can be State or Federal records...
Oh wow. I never knew that. Very interesting. I doubt my guy would have done that.

Here's an "outside the square" thought. Is there a crazy chance Derek Percy and his father could have been complicit in this crime? It could account for the entirely different ages of the men allegedly witnessed near the children.. Could DP (aged 17.6) have been Jane's "boyfriend at the beach" and his father the mid-forties man seen playing with the children and asking about lost money? This could account for similar looks but confusing witness accounts regarding the ages of the suspect.

A really important aspect here is to note that DP's psychological profile as a killer has been deemed a real 'one-off'' and shows a forensic scatter pattern not matched anywhere else in the world. Part of this pattern must surely be genetic. DP was one of Australia's sickest criminals. Surely his traits didn't come from nowhere? Percy's own mother said the family "destroyed a lot of things" after Percy was arrested. A son and father acting together ticks a lot of boxes. We have no idea of the horrors and learned behaviours which may have taken place in the Percy household.

If it could be proven this nasty family were nearby at the time, we could have some answers.
I have always thought it was Derek Percy. He admitted to being there at the time. He was a sick puppy who loved both sexes. He could have had access to the family car. His mother admitted to getting rid of things. Jane would definitely be flattered by the attention of a teen boy. Not an older man. The pic of the perp was made by someone who was pissed as a parrot. Yet it keeps on doing the rounds.🙄

I have always thought it was Derek Percy. He admitted to being there at the time. He was a sick puppy who loved both sexes. He could have had access to the family car. His mother admitted to getting rid of things. Jane would definitely be flattered by the attention of a teen boy. Not an older man. The pic of the perp was made by someone who was pissed as a parrot. Yet it keeps on doing the rounds.🙄
certainly started early with various activities. assault, peeping and snowdropping etc

Jane was 9 years old. Not too many 9 year olds would be flattered by the attention of a teen boy.

I have done a lot of research on percy and he is my #1 suspect also. Like you say he admitted being there at the time. School friends have mentioned the Percy's talking about about being there when discussing what they all done during the christmas break. There was an extended sailing regatta on the time as well as the test cricket games being here in Adelaide at the time. All reasons for percy to be here. He didn't have a drivers license at the time but may have still gained access to the family car, but being a skilled sailor he didn't need access to a car, just access to his own boat would have done it. The police at the time did take that into account.

Anyways he cannot be discounted as a suspect because it is very possible he was here at the time, but then there is also another 4 or 5 suspects that are the same in that they cannot be discounted, and therein lies the problem of pin pointing a specific suspect...

Jane was 9 years old. Not too many 9 year olds would be flattered by the attention of a teen boy.
Arna mentioned to Nancy that Jane had a boyfriend at the beach. Nancy didn’t give it much thought. Jim had dropped the children off at the beach the previous day. They may have met this person then. I think it is less likely that Jane’s boyfriend would be a middle aged man. Percy was 17 ish then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahah yeah I know, it was a passive antagonistic/sarcastic response, and I quote; “everyone is a genius until they open their mouth’s”.

…..

View attachment 1373941

Side by side comparison, well kinda

In agreement with you on the Beaumont sketch, I would be completely confident about making the statement that the sketch is not an accurate representation of what he looked like in real life. I’ll even demonstrate proof of this for anyone who wishes to argue otherwise..

The BC sketch is what I would call a fantastic ‘reference’ sketch.’..
In some cases, having a sketch like that is going to be invaluable, others times it’s not, unfortunately, the BC case is just not one of them; a handful of the suspects all share the same sorta types of distinguishable features,
Would of been great to of been able to have a recording of when the witness sketch was actually done
Have you tried to relay the witness descriptions into ai? I know this was posted a while back. But you are right. The descriptions are way too generic for BC suspect.

A few offenders appear to be Groomers opposed to Snatchers. I would put them in three groups according to their known MO

Snatchers-
Brown, Percey, BVE and Oneil

Groomers or Opportunists-
Monroe, Pike, Radan, West and Hart

Both- (these dudes fit into both categories)
Wilder.

Note: Phipps, its unknown he actually committed any offences against children, No Known reports, No known convictions.
Plus the snatchers mentioned there were also killers.

Thanks for that

Brown actually did grooming of immediate family. When he went past extended family he then became a snatcher and of multiple victims..
Knowing how my POI would act, I believe that it would come down to opportunity. I don't really know other cases, where children have been snatched. Were the children geographically isolated from their family - eg allowed to go to the beach, or play without adult supervision?
Or could these snatchers been observing the children for days/weeks before making the move. Like casing a building, but instead a child.

Back to the Beaumont's. Witnesses said the children layed out their towels. The man was laying on his towel, some distance away, watching the children. He did not approach them. They went over to him. Then started flicking him with a towel, happily walking off with him, waiting outside the toilets for him to change. This would indicate that they were to some degree familiar with each other.

Have you tried to relay the witness descriptions into ai? I know this was posted a while back. But you are right. The descriptions are way too generic for BC suspect.
Newbie11 hasn't been active for quite some time. It's a pity, as I have questions for him/her

Arna mentioned to Nancy that Jane had a boyfriend at the beach. Nancy didn’t give it much thought. Jim had dropped the children off at the beach the previous day. They may have met this person then. I think it is less likely that Jane’s boyfriend would be a middle aged man. Percy was 17 ish then.
Arna was 7 years old. The boyfriend could have been a figment of her imagination. How many times do you hear kids say " so and so has a boyfriend/girlfriend." It turns out that supposed "boyfriend/girlfriend" is someone they have only fleetingly met.

Last edited:
Arna was 7 years old. The boyfriend could have been a figment of her imagination. How many times do you hear kids say " so and so has a boyfriend/girlfriend." It turns out that supposed "boyfriend/girlfriend" is someone they have only fleetingly met.
You have to consider it as a possible Profile of the offender. A dad or uncle using a child or children as part of the MO.

But then you have extra witnesses! If the scenario went down as suggested the witnesses have done an impossible job in staying silent over many years.
Despite what the McIntyres and Phipps siblings tell us, family rarely spills the beans on their Parents actions. Harking back to the Pfennig family, the Family have never given evidence against their father. (not that Iam aware of)

With my POI, I have no information he took anyone to the beach with him. Although he had young children at the time. His connection with Jane, was from their school. I do urge fellow researchers to look at the school deeper. You will find a tall young blonde man there in 65.

The theory of the predator being a school teacher who was already known to the Beaumont kids has its flaws.

Was he going to release the kids after taking them from the beach? If so, it would be pretty easy for them to locate him and identify him as their abuser/abductor if he was working at their school.

Or was he planning to kill them all along? If so, he'd be foolish to conduct a brazen abduction in broad daylight with plenty of people around after speaking to several of the bystanders on the day.

(Admittedly only a very small number of people said they saw the kids at the beach on that day, but potentially dozens of witnesses could've seen them and noticed things if they'd been more observant. The abductor would've been seen by a large number of witnesses.)

A good percentage of people who are suspects in the abduction don't even match eyewitness descriptions of the man seen with the kids on the day... Munro too young (not mid-30s), Von Einem too young, Phipps too old and not of a 'surfie' appearance, Hart or Brown probably too old, etc.

I think most people want this case solved solely to satisfy their own personal curiosity about the mystery. Even if it is ever solved, there will be little or no justice: the Beaumont parents won't get their kids back, and the Beaumont kids won't get their life back.

I still put this case down to a cover-up, not a totally unsolved crime. Everyone loves to 'play detective', but scrolling around on the internet won't solve or reveal anything. All the doco's are inconclusive, and shy of some boots-on-the-ground investigative work, nothing more can be learned or revealed about this case.

Last edited:
The theory of the predator being a school teacher who was already known to the Beaumont kids has its flaws.

Was he going to release the kids after taking them from the beach? If so, it would be pretty easy for them to locate him and identify him as their abuser/abductor if he was working at their school.

Or was he planning to kill them all along? If so, he'd be foolish to conduct a brazen abduction in broad daylight with plenty of people around after speaking to several of the bystanders on the day.

(Admittedly only a very small number of people said they saw the kids at the beach on that day, but potentially dozens of witnesses could've seen them and noticed things if they'd been more observant. The abductor would've been seen by a large number of witnesses.)

A good percentage of people who are suspects in the abduction don't even match eyewitness descriptions of the man seen with the kids on the day... Munro too young (not mid-30s), Von Einem too young, Phipps too old and not of a 'surfie' appearance, Hart or Brown probably too old, etc.

I think most people want this case solved solely to satisfy their own personal curiosity about the mystery. Even if it is ever solved, there will be little or no justice: the Beaumont parents won't get their kids back, and the Beaumont kids won't get their life back.

I still put this case down to a cover-up, not a totally unsolved crime. Everyone loves to 'play detective', but scrolling around on the internet won't solve or reveal anything. All the doco's are inconclusive, and shy of some boots-on-the-ground investigative work, nothing more can be learned or revealed about this case.
we will take your advice.. and do more ground work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back