Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Remove this Banner Ad

The following is a work of fiction

I'm not a killer! I'm not. How can I do it? Another human being. Sure bugs and ants and flies are different and that stray dog didnt mean anything. Its going to be the hardest thing I ever have to do.

Its not like Mrs Trevellyans cat : it made me so angry I slit its throat , but its only a cat. I wouldnt have snapped if it hadnt pissed on mums carpet .

The man returned to the present looking over the streetscape , one that was familiar to him. The row of shops heading to the beach , the Town Hall and its majestic clock , the tramlines , the people and the noise. A streetscape that in a week will be gone and if things go horribly wrong , gone forever

School holidays and a nice warm day meant there were plenty of people around. The man looked around hearing a slight commotion about missing money. He spotted 3 kids with an older man – not their father as he had seen them often with another man and woman – maybe an uncle? They seemed to be asking people if they had seen anyone near their clothes. I hope the kids are ok and wont be in trouble

The man sees the kids standing looking dejected – the older man nowhere to be seen.

' are you kids ok'
' we cant find our bus money ' the older girl said
' what about your uncle – cant he help'
' thats not our uncle , we see him down here a lot and he helped us look for our money '
'I'm hungry ' this from the youngest , a boy of about 4 or 5.
' but we dont have money for a bun ' from the middle girl

The man makes a decision , he is heading interstate in a week so why not help them out.

' if you kids dont mind I can get you a bun and pay for your bus fare if thats ok – come on lets go to Wenzels just over the road then head up to the bus stop'

As they walk across the road the man pulls a 1 pound note from his pocket and gives it to the oldest girl – 'get a pie a drink and bun for each of us – and why not get one for your mum and dad as a surprise'

After a minute of looking at the cars cruise down Jetty Road the man turns and sees the children overburdened with bags and says he will carry them to the bus stop. They head off towards the beach intending to cross at the next corner. Looking ahead they see the bus pull out and try as they might it ignores them and heads towards the city along Jetty Road

Reaching the corner the man informs the children ' my mum lives down this street , why dont we sit and eat our buns and have a drink in the cool of the house. Its ok my mum wont mind'

Its only a matter of 3 houses and he leads them into the coolness of a dark house. He and the girls sit at the table eating and the man watches the little boy wander the house .

' I'm sorry mister I couldnt help it I had to go I didnt mean it I'm sorry I weed on your floor''

Later that day the man steps out from the bathroom drying himself with a towel as his mum walks in asking '' who dug up the driveway luv''

'I did Mum I figured to give you a present before I go away – you know how you always talked about a concrete driveway – well I organised it with Tony and Alfonso – they are coming over on the weekend. I have to prepare it for them so I will be digging around – are you surprised?'

' Oh I am luv – just dont hurt yourself ok. I worry about you going over there – you may not come back – I dont want that to ever happen''

'Dont worry mum I'll be fine , its those Commies that have to look out . I'm a killer'

Stumbled over a piece of information I've never seen before.

Ms Daphne Gregory reported seeing Jane, Arnna and Grant Beaumont with a man on Australia Day. She said he was in his mid-thirties, with light-brown hair which was neatly parted and brushed. She went on to say that he walked with his arms bowed like an ape. This description was entitled in news articles as, “The Man with the Crazy Walk.” - Stephen Karadjis
Further to this - which I found interestingly ironic in talking about the main suspect

Neil Lunney had returned from active service in Vietnam. A man in a blue Vauxhall sedan on the road ahead had prevented him from overtaking. His driving had infuriated him. As he attempted to pull alongside, the man turned his head the other way and it appeared he was trying to hide his face. He noticed two girls in the car in Aitkenvale school uniform.

I find these things , along with the countless allegations of abuse towards family members continue to be major facets of this story

There are so many differences in the two cases, the long walk. snatching rather than grooming. possibly a car used in the BC case. A disguise used, bc case had no disguise. Single target opposed to three targets. For me its hard to understand they are the same offenders.

There are so many differences in the two cases, the long walk. snatching rather than grooming. possibly a car used in the BC case. A disguise used, bc case had no disguise. Single target opposed to three targets. For me its hard to understand they are the same offenders.

Huh, differences?
These are multiple child, as in more than 1 at a time, abductions, in a city the size of Adelaide and less than a decade apart, that alone sets them apart from anything else at the time.
Disguise, I don't think theres any proof of this, in fact, its been said that the description given in the AO case resembles that from the BC case.
What makes you think the targets we're any different, for all we know Arnna could have been the target, a young girl same as KG, and the others just collateral same as JR.

but penfolds, both abductions were very different, in the bc case the children were seen walking away with someone, at ease, as if they were happy to go along, but in ao case one child, kg, was picked up and carried (hardly something a child of that age would have much of a choice to allow happen), and jr was under stress and upset the whole time, ive no doubt the man was the same man, but 7 years earlier he was blonde/light brown haired, by ao he had dark hair as shown in the identikit, wearing a hat, though common for older men in the 70s, was not the norm for a man of about 40

True Blue Crime podcast where the focus is largely on Australian crime is one of my faves. Anybody can produce a podcast but I've found their research to be pretty good meaning they actually do it. A couple of weeks ago I listened to their Beaumont Children pod and decided against posting in here as it referenced the INTJ videos. Those references have now been edited out, they're gone.

Noted this pod has Max McIntyre as being cleared of involvement by police and Anthony Munro as a POI.

charlie20 the man with the crazy walk is explored in this pod, the lead at the time didn't get far.

True Blue Crime podcast where the focus is largely on Australian crime is one of my faves. Anybody can produce a podcast but I've found their research to be pretty good meaning they actually do it. A couple of weeks ago I listened to their Beaumont Children pod and decided against posting in here as it referenced the INTJ videos. Those references have now been edited out, they're gone.

Noted this pod has Max McIntyre as being cleared of involvement by police and Anthony Munro as a POI.

charlie20 the man with the crazy walk is explored in this pod, the lead at the time didn't get far.
Ive just listened to that podcast. when they play the interview with Phipps son, the Inerviewer kinda coaches him. Did you hear any shots?
yes i heard shots....... how many shots did you hear?? Ahh four shots.
And he goes on to say, he saw four bags get taken out of the home. t

Ive just listened to that podcast. when they play the interview with Phipps son, the Inerviewer kinda coaches him. Did you hear any shots?
yes i heard shots....... how many shots did you hear?? Ahh four shots.
And he goes on to say, he saw four bags get taken out of the home. t

The four shots and the four bags being removed was odd, agree.

These podcasters might have to do a bit more editing, they took a guess towards the end stating 'I THINK Tony Munro was extradited to Australia'. I don't think he was, imo he may have been coerced but that's another story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the most important thing for everyone to remember re this case is that it is very complex, it hasnt been solved in 54 years for good reason, it requires detailed analysis of what remains as witness testimony, and by that i mean witnesses who came forward or were located by police AT THE TIME, it also requires a willingness for investigators to set aside their normal belief systems a bit, to accept that the truth might actually be rather weird or hard to believe, indeed a bit wacky, on the face of it, for example, police dismissed as "fantasy" the writings of jailed offender mark marshall, and may have missed key clues in the process, sometimes you have to read, and reread, and then apply different contexts to something, before the pieces start to fit

I found it. Oh look, another Vietnam Vet and a very scary one with the obvious question being, who set him on to millionaire Munro and who else might have been told there was a $1 million reward up for grabs?

Guido James Eglitis serial fraudster and conman, a 70-year-old Vietnam War veteran who fled Australia ten years ago after being charged with kidnapping and torturing a businessman while impersonating a police officer, was sentenced in Brisbane last week to a partially suspended jail term of three years and three months.

During his three-year tenure in Siem Reap he aggressively pursued a wealthy South Australian expat, Anthony Munro, a former scout master who lived in the city for about six years and owned a gay bar in the Pub Street precinct.

Mr Eglitis believed that Mr Munro, as a teenager, had been involved in a notorious Australian crime mystery in which three young siblings, the Beaumont children, disappeared off a city beach.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/88579/cambodia-linked-conman-jailed/

how busy was jetty road in the mid 60s, ive been testing the mullins and co phipps scenario and a few things dont seem logical, firstly - lets say phipps did tke the kids back to his house after spending time with them at the reserve, where he gave jane the pound note, according to mullins and co, because everyone's money had been stolen, and he instructed jane to go to wenzels and bring back some lunch, so - thats 1 man and 3 kids, yet the kids buy 6 buns, 5 pasties, 1 pie and 2 large bottles of soft drink, thats enough to feed 6 people, mr beaumont was working and not expected home all day (he came home earlier than planned), so at best if they were to get a cake and pasty and some drink for mum, there still leaves one person unaccounted for with respect to what they purchased, grant was little - it might makes sense for phipps, were he to have had evil intentions, to send jane to wenzels alone, or with arna only, leaving grant with him, or arna and grant with him, thus meaning jane would have no choice but to return promptly with the lunch, but she couldntve carried all of that, if phipps had gone with them, and perhaps waited outside, so as to help them bring it back to his house, he wouldve risked being seen, he was a well known local person, many people walking those streets that day wouldve known who he was, and someone wouldve reported seeing him with the kids, after the abduction had hit the media, so - it rings true that all 3 kids appeared in wenzels to buy the lunch, but - it seems a hell of a lot to ask little grant to walk 200 metres to wenzels, and help carry things another 200 metres back, in 40 degrees, after being tired from swimming etc, plus - they wouldve had to cross jetty road, twice, which was perhaps a bit dangerous given trams and traffic, and likelihood that someone in a car would remember seeing them cross in front of them or behind them, cross one too, carrying armfuls of food and drink, i think its more logical that they arrived at, and left from wenzels, from south of jetty road, ie on the wenzels side, not crossing jetty road at all

how busy was jetty road in the mid 60s, ive been testing the mullins and co phipps scenario and a few things dont seem logical, firstly - lets say phipps did tke the kids back to his house after spending time with them at the reserve, where he gave jane the pound note, according to mullins and co, because everyone's money had been stolen, and he instructed jane to go to wenzels and bring back some lunch, so - thats 1 man and 3 kids, yet the kids buy 6 buns, 5 pasties, 1 pie and 2 large bottles of soft drink, thats enough to feed 6 people, mr beaumont was working and not expected home all day (he came home earlier than planned), so at best if they were to get a cake and pasty and some drink for mum, there still leaves one person unaccounted for with respect to what they purchased, grant was little - it might makes sense for phipps, were he to have had evil intentions, to send jane to wenzels alone, or with arna only, leaving grant with him, or arna and grant with him, thus meaning jane would have no choice but to return promptly with the lunch, but she couldntve carried all of that, if phipps had gone with them, and perhaps waited outside, so as to help them bring it back to his house, he wouldve risked being seen, he was a well known local person, many people walking those streets that day wouldve known who he was, and someone wouldve reported seeing him with the kids, after the abduction had hit the media, so - it rings true that all 3 kids appeared in wenzels to buy the lunch, but - it seems a hell of a lot to ask little grant to walk 200 metres to wenzels, and help carry things another 200 metres back, in 40 degrees, after being tired from swimming etc, plus - they wouldve had to cross jetty road, twice, which was perhaps a bit dangerous given trams and traffic, and likelihood that someone in a car would remember seeing them cross in front of them or behind them, cross one too, carrying armfuls of food and drink, i think its more logical that they arrived at, and left from wenzels, from south of jetty road, ie on the wenzels side, not crossing jetty road at all
I though it odd they would want a pie and pasties on a 40 degree day.

Not if you intend abducting 3 children, especially if you do so by disabling them using some form of sedative drug.
Its said they bought 2x large bottles of coke along with those pastries, perhaps the plan was, give them the pastries which as you know, on a hot day would leave you glaggy in the mouth, offer them coke to wash it down with and spike the coke first.
Large bottles of coke in those days would have been glass 1L bottles, the idea may have been one for the kids which was spiked and 1 for the abductor/s to make it all look innocent enough.
They'd be drinking from the bottles you'd imagine so having one for them and one for their new acquaintance would seem appropriate.

How much information was put out to the media and when, so that witnesses could voluntarily cone forward? Unlike today's mass media coverage, a late night radio or TV newsbreak was usual plus the next day's papers.

The 'one pound note' info was withheld by SAPOL. for 12 months, I believe.

One possibility is the Wenzel purchase wasn't by the Beaumonts but another family? Release of the 'one pound note' fact earlier might have had a response by whoever had used such purchase method, if not the Beaumonts?

Yet its been suggested they may have been abducted in a completely separate incident whilst attempting to walk home from Wenzels, couldn't see little Grant walking kilometres home if he couldn't even make it 400m after swimming.

yes, itd be the last thing id want on a day that hot, also, it doesnt appear as though jane was also carrying her bags and towels, nor the other two their towels, considering that if they were it would be even more theyd be having to carry, there are only a few possibilities - if phipps was waiting for them back at his house, their gear was there with him - would jane, a smart, responsible girl, have left such personal items in a house with a stranger, unless of course they knew phipps well, but even so ... , other possibility is the man was someone else, and their gear was nearer to wenzels, with this person, in their car, or a house or office or something

Yet its been suggested they may have been abducted in a completely separate incident whilst attempting to walk home from Wenzels, couldn't see little Grant walking kilometres home if he couldn't even make it 400m after swimming.
i dont believe they were making their way home on foot, and taken by someone along the way, there are other ways they couldve got home without money - they couldve got a cab to their door and gone inside to get the money from their mum once they got there, for example

imo this idea of them being "stranded" and checkmated, by the man, by having no money (supposedly), has a few holes in it

How much information was put out to the media and when, so that witnesses could voluntarily cone forward? Unlike today's mass media coverage, a late night radio or TV newsbreak was usual plus the next day's papers.

The 'one pound note' info was withheld by SAPOL. for 12 months, I believe.

One possibility is the Wenzel purchase wasn't by the Beaumonts but another family? Release of the 'one pound note' fact earlier might have had a response by whoever had used such purchase method, if not the Beaumonts?
This was refuted by police 12 months later ie 26 Jan 1967

1590052852012.png

Another option is that the children came in with Jim a few days earlier

Remove this Banner Ad

Back