Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Remove this Banner Ad

Deni

Senior List
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
If Nancy was expecting them home around 12, then it makes more sense that they would have left earlier than 10am. That doesn't give them much time to play etc...

I just read this bit:
"They caught the bus at 8:45 am and were expected to return home on the 12:00 noon bus. Nancy Beaumont became worried, however, when the children did not return on either the 12:00 or 2:00 pm buses, and when Jim Beaumont returned home early from his trip around 3:00 pm, he immediately drove to the crowded beach."

DropBearess

Debutant
Apr 3, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
If Nancy was expecting them home around 12, then it makes more sense that they would have left earlier than 10am. That doesn't give them much time to play etc...

I just read this bit:
"They caught the bus at 8:45 am and were expected to return home on the 12:00 noon bus. Nancy Beaumont became worried, however, when the children did not return on either the 12:00 or 2:00 pm buses, and when Jim Beaumont returned home early from his trip around 3:00 pm, he immediately drove to the crowded beach."
I just read the police report a couple of pages back and it states 8.45 bus.

Tues

Senior List
Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Enter the peddo hunter:

Siem Reap attracts tourists and talent, but it also attracts dark-side denizens – internationally wanted desperadoes, villains, perverts and weirdoes.
In early 2014, two compelling mysteries surfaced in town which attracted more oddballs: shady private investigators and conspiracy theory nutters. One month after the story about Munro first broke in Siem Reap, another mystery emerged when Dave Walker, a well-known Canadian expat went missing from his Siem Reap lodgings on February 14, 2014, and was found dead near the Gates of Death at Angkor Thom on May 1, 2014.
Walker himself was somewhat of a mysterious character. He had been a Toronto police constable, and had joined the British Army serving in Northern Ireland in combat against the IRA. He returned to Canada, worked as a private eye, and in the late 1980s was said to have ‘famously located’ a missing Cambodian refugee girl and reunited her with her family in Canada.
He worked with a the Canadian Intelligence Service identifying Khmer Rouge identities who’d entered Canada as refugees, and he trained Myanmar insurgents on the Thai border. From the 2000 onwards, he worked as a fixer for documentary makers and movies such The Beach. He also worked on his own film and documentaries and occasionally worked as a journalist.
With mysteries abounding, enter into the fray a seemingly amiable Australian oddball, James An, aka Su Jia, who, in publicity surrounding the launch of an exhibition of his paintings in Siem Reap’s Sokha Hotel in November 2013, described himself as a dedicated pedophile hunter.
He also claimed to be a Vietnam vet who had served a 16-year stint in the military, to have had worked for 22 years for an American intelligence service and had been jailed in China.
He threw himself into investigating both the Beaumont mystery – which had a A$1 million reward attached to it – and terrifying some locals who he interrogated. He also threw himself into Dave Walker’s case where some of those interviewed by him accused him of stand-over tactics.But it wasn’t long before the investigator became the investigated, and James An was exposed as Guido Eglitis, who came complete with an alleged 30-year history of crime.
He had been featured in a 1998 Australian book titled ‘Scams and Swindlers’, he’d been sentenced to four years’ jail in the US on fraud charges in 1988, and he had fled Australia in 2007 while on bail on charges of kidnapping a Brisbane business man, deprivation of liberty, robbery, impersonating an officer and possessing restricted items.
Back in Siem Reap, on October 2015, Eglitis, posing as an Interpol agent, together with an accomplice, “interrogated” a suspected pedophile and this led to their arrest by Cambodian police who charged Eglitis and his mate with theft under aggravated circumstances from David Scotcher, 66, the British director of Cambodia-based education company Learn4Life, who said the duo took his passport and camera.
It transpired that Eglitis had mistakenly been convinced that Scotcher was in fact David Shom, a suspected Australian pedophile who’d been on the run for almost 20 years.
In yet another bizarre twist, it was also confirmed that Eglitis was working in concert with a Western Australian Police Child Abuse Squad detective, with the detective advising Eglitis how to obtain fingerprints.
That incident earned Eglitis almost a year in prison in Cambodia and on October 29, 2016, he was released and deported to Bangkok where he was spotted in the nightclub district by journalists. In mid-November 2016 he was detained by Thai police and deported to Australia where he was arrested on arrival, and in October 2017, he was jailed for three years and three months.https://www.khmertimeskh.com/539603/villains-and-mysteries/

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I

I just read that. How weird. All the departure and expected arrival times, including the amendments, don't match at all with Mrs. Beaumont's statement. Why would their dad embark on a frantic search at 3.30 then?
Running sheets are notes on the go at the time (faik), in the panic of the first twenty four hours or so times might have been misunderstood or misheard and simply got all messed up.

moncon

Benchwarmer
Apr 18, 2012
Anthony's Bar and Grill
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I’ve been reading another web site on which a guy suggests that the children were taken to an isolated farm and grew up under assumed identities, and are still alive. This with the knowledge of Jim and Nancy. The name “Llewsons” is the name “Snoswell” spelt backwards. The writer appears to be a former policeman. Thoughts?

GreyCrow

TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
I’ve been reading another web site on which a guy suggests that the children were taken to an isolated farm and grew up under assumed identities, and are still alive. This with the knowledge of Jim and Nancy. The name “Llewsons” is the name “Snoswell” spelt backwards. The writer appears to be a former policeman. Thoughts?
I must have missed a few things

Why did this happen and what relevance does Snoswell etc have?

moncon

Benchwarmer
Apr 18, 2012
Anthony's Bar and Grill
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I must have missed a few things

Why did this happen and what relevance does Snoswell etc have?
Hi, apparently Nancy Helen Beaumont (neé Ellis) was engaged to (and married?) Bronte Snoswell in 1947, before marrying Jim Beaumont. I understand that the Snoswells lived in Genelg. John and Dot Llewsons moved from Glenelg in 1963 to buy a farm near Ngarkat, and raised four children. The birth of their first child in 1958 (a boy) was gazetted, but the births of the other 3 children (two girls and a boy) were not. I don’t know if the first son was gazetted as Snoswell or Llewson, and I don’t know how to find out.

Scenario:
- mum is worried about safety of children (why? Uncle Max who has the sexual assault of a 15 year old girl in his past..?)
- arranges for disappearance aided by Bronte Snoswell (now deceased).
- children taken to Glenelg safe house (report by woman of seeing young boy in alley-way being chased by older man and taken back inside house)
- mum not prepared for massive publicity
- children taken to remote farm, live there happily ever after

The mistake a lot of people make is to find a suspect and then try to fit the evidence to that suspect. The trouble is that there is virtually no evidence whatsoever of an abduction. What we do have, is evidence of a disappearance.

GreyCrow

TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Hi, apparently Nancy Helen Beaumont (neé Ellis) was engaged to (and married?) Bronte Snoswell in 1947, before marrying Jim Beaumont. I understand that the Snoswells lived in Genelg. John and Dot Llewsons moved from Glenelg in 1963 to buy a farm near Ngarkat, and raised four children. The birth of their first child in 1958 (a boy) was gazetted, but the births of the other 3 children (two girls and a boy) were not. I don’t know if the first son was gazetted as Snoswell or Llewson, and I don’t know how to find out.

Scenario:
- mum is worried about safety of children (why? Uncle Max who has the sexual assault of a 15 year old girl in his past..?)
- children taken to Glenelg safe house (report by woman of seeing young boy in alley-way being chased by older man and taken back inside house)

The mistake a lot of people make is to find a suspect and then try to fit the evidence to that suspect. The trouble is that there is virtually no evidence whatsoever of an abduction. What we do have, is evidence of a disappearance.
Thank you - interesting scenario

I mentioned Max in a previous post as a person who would know and have the childrens trust . This has always been the bugbear for me - would a random ''new'' person invite the level of comfort the children seemed to have . A family member would have

Would Bronte Snoswell have this level of trust? Are there pictures of Snoswell?

As you say - many find a suspect and try and fit them - have you fit Snoswell or is this still a theory :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GreyCrow

TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

Scenario:

Joyce Elaine Jamieson (vic) was engaged to Bronte M Snoswell in 1941 in Adelaide (Victorian papers)

Bronte died in SA 1990 and there is no death (in SA ) of Joyce Snoswell

Bronte Snoswell married (as above could be engagement) Nancy Helen Ellis - year unknown - SA BDM Newspaper Notice page does not give a date for this marriage - there is also no middle name given for Bronte

Bronte M Snoswell married Joan Estelle Lynas (of Adelaide) in Victoria in 1949 - Joan Estelle Snoswell died 2007 in SA- Bronte and Joan had a son in Woodside SA (army posting) in December 1951

Bronte and Joan had a daughter in December 1952 at Charlton (Vic) BNH

July 8 1954 Bronte and Joan have a daughter born in Glenelg

It could be 2 engagements and 1 wedding

Thats your homework sorted

moncon

Benchwarmer
Apr 18, 2012
Anthony's Bar and Grill
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ha ha, no it’s very much a theory and not even my own! But it is an intriguing scenario isn’t it. Could also be that Jim was not aware of the plan at the time, or even later on. I am not sure (of anything) but for some reason I have the idea that the Snoswells and Beaumonts were members of the same church, could be wrong about that. As other posters have mentioned, Adelaide was a pretty small place at the time, and certainly Helen and Bronte knew each other - did they stay in close enough touch over the years for the Beaumont children to be familiar with Bronte, or other members of the Snoswell family? I don’t know.

Also, thanks for the Snoswell information!

As for “finding suspects to fit the evidence”, yep, guilty as charged Your Honour! 🙂

Hard Evidence:
- Beaumont children disappear
- erm...that’s it, I think

Other Information:
- various people report seeing some children interacting with young-ish man
- bakery reports sale of food to some children
- postie reports seeing Beaumont children but gets his timing mixed up
- woman reports seeing little boy in alley-way etc shortly after disappearance

Coincidences:
- Helen knows and seemingly once loved B Snoswell
- Uncle Max has previous
- Snoswell family lives in Glenelg
- Llewsons is Snoswell spelt backwards
- Llewsons live in middle of nowhere
- Llewsons have four children, three of whom are not reported/gazetted/advertised as having been born (but their eldest son was)
- one of girls named Helen
- youngest son named David Grant

If any of the above turns out to be wrong at all, then please accept my apologies for clogging up the thread and wasting everyone’s time and resources.

Steve The Dude

Left Right Out
Feb 9, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Joyce Elaine Jamieson (vic) was engaged to Bronte M Snoswell in 1941 in Adelaide (Victorian papers)

Bronte died in SA 1990 and there is no death (in SA ) of Joyce Snoswell

Bronte Snoswell married (as above could be engagement) Nancy Helen Ellis - year unknown - SA BDM Newspaper Notice page does not give a date for this marriage - there is also no middle name given for Bronte

Bronte M Snoswell married Joan Estelle Lynas (of Adelaide) in Victoria in 1949 - Joan Estelle Snoswell died 2007 in SA- Bronte and Joan had a son in Woodside SA (army posting) in December 1951

Bronte and Joan had a daughter in December 1952 at Charlton (Vic) BNH

July 8 1954 Bronte and Joan have a daughter born in Glenelg

It could be 2 engagements and 1 wedding

Thats your homework sorted
The Snoswell / LLewsons scenario is probably the most plausible / possible / viable theory yet presented in the Beaumont Children Disappearance Mystery, especially if Mr Beaumont and/or Mrs Beaumont had received express or implied threats to murder their children . Surely though, SAPOL would have been able to track down the purported Snoswell children and obtain DNA verification to confirm or eliminate them as the Beaumont children, and if so, to publicly disclose that the mystery had been solved to proudly demonstrate that another cold case had been solved.

Personally, I don't believe it without DNA verification.

Any thoughts please?

moncon

Benchwarmer
Apr 18, 2012
Anthony's Bar and Grill
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Snoswell / LLewsons scenario is probably the most plausible / possible / viable theory yet presented in the Beaumont Children Disappearance Mystery, especially if Mr Beaumont and/or Mrs Beaumont had received express or implied threats to murder their children . Surely though, SAPOL would have been able to track down the purported Snoswell children and obtain DNA verification to confirm or eliminate them as the Beaumont children, and if so, to publicly disclose that the mystery had been solved to proudly demonstrate that another cold case had been solved.

Personally, I don't believe it without DNA verification.

Any thoughts please?
That would be great, I suppose one reason it won’t or can’t happen might be that these three people who are all over 50 years old have lives, families, careers, and don’t want to be identified (imagine the media). Another might be that SAPOL and the powers that be don’t want to commit resources to web-sleuth ideas, on the other hand they dug holes in the ground based on not much more, of course 🙂

moncon

Benchwarmer
Apr 18, 2012
Anthony's Bar and Grill
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Further on the DNA side of things, would it not be necessary to exhume the parents? Perhaps SAPOL has their DNA on file but it’s possible they don’t, since DNA only got going in the 90’s, long after the events in question. Maybe that’s another reason DNA profiling might not happen: exhuming people because of a few posts on BigFooty 😂

I can’t remember if any other relatives are still alive.

sprockets

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Further on the DNA side of things, would it not be necessary to exhume the parents? Perhaps SAPOL has their DNA on file but it’s possible they don’t, since DNA only got going in the 90’s, long after the events in question. Maybe that’s another reason DNA profiling might not happen: exhuming people because of a few posts on BigFooty 😂

I think they'd need to exhume at least one of the parents, probably both. Before they do that they could compare their DNA with their sibling for whom there's a birth record.

BTW I didn't know any of this so thanks for putting it up for discussion.

moncon

Benchwarmer
Apr 18, 2012
Anthony's Bar and Grill
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think they'd need to exhume at least one of the parents, probably both. Before they do that they could compare their DNA with their sibling for whom there's a birth record.

BTW I didn't know any of this so thanks for putting it up for discussion.
You’re welcome! It could be a load of bull crap, and if it is I apologise.

One point: the sibling you refer to would not share their DNA, if indeed the three younger children were “adopted”, shall we say.

Macka_321

Debutant
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
What is the other website?

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Jim Beaumont is still alive and Nancy only died in 2019, hopefully with all this focus on DNA matching the police have taken theirs.

I suspect they might have, there's a massive drive on atm with DNA collection booths popping up all over northern NSW where the police hope to get a match with the 300 odd sets of unidentified human remains they're holding. That's 300 just in that region, across Australia there's about 800 sets.

Remove this Banner Ad