Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Remove this Banner Ad

moncon

Benchwarmer
Apr 18, 2012
Taverne Monte Cristo
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ok that’s a rubbish theory . Don’t you think they would have come forward by now?
You’re probably right.

As I posted earlier though, they would all be over 50 years old, with lives, families, careers, and might not want to come forward. Imagine the media.

Maybe they don’t know? If you had wanted to ring-fence three young children from the outside world, a remote farm near Ngarkat in the 60s-70s would have been ideal. It would be harder to make outside contact than not to, I reckon. Nearest neighbour miles away, no radio, scratchy radio reception even if there was a radio, no tv, no newspaper, no trips into town. Time goes by, memorise fade, stories implanted are believed, and so on.

Last edited:

moncon

Benchwarmer
Apr 18, 2012
Taverne Monte Cristo
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Probably bullshit why would they do it? Something would have come out by now. Couldn’t keep something like that hidden for 50 odd years.
Yeah fair point, Jane was easily old enough to remember her family name, Grant not so much I suppose, but yeah, hard not to think “Hmm, I’m sure I used to be “Jane Beaumont” and there’s this famous mystery...”

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Further on the DNA side of things, would it not be necessary to exhume the parents? Perhaps SAPOL has their DNA on file but it’s possible they don’t, since DNA only got going in the 90’s, long after the events in question. Maybe that’s another reason DNA profiling might not happen: exhuming people because of a few posts on BigFooty 😂

I can’t remember if any other relatives are still alive.
It's interesting though and stranger things have happened. This case here in the US where a baby boy was abducted out of a maternity ward in 1964, two years later a toddler was found abandoned so the FBI handed the abandoned baby to the parents of the abducted infant thinking they'd found him. Fifty odd years later, DNA proved it wasn't their kid at all. Anyway, here's the story.

• The story of baby Paul Fronczak's abduction captivated the nation. Two years later, FBI agents reunited his parents with an abandoned baby in New Jersey that they believed was Paul.
  • But that man took a DNA test in 2012 and realized he wasn't related to the parents.
  • WGN discovered a man in rural Michigan who recently learned that he was the abducted baby.

anquer

Cancelled
May 22, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are you talking about Ray "Gunner" Kelly who was sponsored by a Sydney news paper to come over at the start of March and give his expertise to the investigation but was asked to leave after one day? Lots of peple getting Australia day and Australia Day holiday mixed up, so do you have a link for that information and if the date is correct as cops did discount it?
Going back over posts I somehow missed yours. Yes, that's the detective. And, no, the Vietnam veteran angle doesn't fit the picture for reason I will post soon.

Taken from 'The Age' Feb 3, 1966. Notice the witness description. Now THAT describes Harry Phipps.
Satin Man book describes Phipps' M.O. as going out of town with his friend to encounter young men at some place. Phipps had a high profile locally. His preference was for males. I doubt very much the 48 year old alcoholic could be bothered to play with 3 energetic children (2 female) on such a crowded, hot day, near his residence.

Myponga has been mentioned quite a few times over the last couple of years, even by the McIntyers themselves.
It's already been searched due to Bevan Spencer von Einem. No human remains found. The McIntyres aren't certain about Stansbury. Knowing the police wouldn't believe their Stansbury guess they've had to fabricate a positive sighting in the car boot. Myponga Dam was their back-up guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anquer

Cancelled
May 22, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
BC mel the age p5 02.02.66.jpg

It's already been searched due to Bevan Spencer von Einem. No human remains found. The McIntyres aren't certain about Stansbury. Knowing the police wouldn't believe their Stansbury guess they fabricated the positive sighting in a car boot. Myponga Dam was their back-up guess.
What would have carried a lot weight is if Rachel's mother had made a standalone statement to police about Max trying to convince her that they (Max and Rachel's mother) were dating and together when the Beaumont children disappeared, if that is indeed what happened. This would then dovetail with Andrew's childhood recollection of Max living away from home for months after the Beaumont children disappeared. Max, it seems, has behaved similar to the above newspaper reports...

"They appealed yesterday for public help in finding a man whose behaviour pattern had suddenly changed."

"They were expected to reduction [sic: expecting the abduction] had not been premeditated [and] the person responsible would now have habits which were irregular, unusual or suspicious."

"This appeal was directed mainly to proprietors of boarding houses, landlords and employers."

This, might then explain the death of Max's first wife...

Her husband, unannounced, moves away from their family home (Macklin Street, Edwardstown) to reside with a mistress (eventually, second wife) immediately after the Beaumont children's disappearance. Max's first wife soon becomes acutely aware the suspect's (revised) physical description matches her husband. She has to make excuses to her children... Claire, Ruth, Andrew... to explain their father's absent behaviour. She falls ill. Max hears of his wife's illness and returns to his family. His wife passes away in hospital due to natural causes, exacerbated, though, with 11 months of unfathomable anguish over the suspicion she has to keep from her children. Max arranges for his children to stay out of town, with relatives, as per Andrew's recollection.

Instead, Rachel's mother's account has been diluted amid stories motivated by incredible revenge... to the point where the McIntyres have been asked by police to stop.

Last edited:

johnymac1

Team Captain
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
"They appealed yesterday for public help in finding a man whose behaviour pattern had suddenly changed."

"They were expected to reduction [sic: expecting the abduction] had not been premeditated [and] the person responsible would now have habits which were irregular, unusual or suspicious."

"This appeal was directed mainly to proprietors of boarding houses, landlords and employers."
The above statements refers to a non Psychopath.

This observation applies to some kidnappers/killers, but not all. The event, may effect them for years later.
The non psychopath feels the same grief as anyone else. Probably will display some guilt or regret.

Of coarse if they are a Psychopath, then the wont feel anything other than the urge to do it again.

Tues

Senior List
Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Regarding Bogroll, the ex journalist who liked to post about how popular he was, being a ' well respected and admired investigative journalist who only writes the facts" Thought you might like to see how well he would have been liked while working for the Advertiser.

Littlely reads the riot act:
Sent: Wednesday, 30 September 2009 8:54 AM
To: …
Cc: ….
Subject: Take Note and React — URGENTLY
If you have received this email it means you have, in some way, failed to fulfill the daily requirements of an Advertiser news journalist.
Either you have not adequately briefed the chief of staff on the story you will be working on, failed to organise a picture or even suggest a pic idea, did not make a note in the news diary I feel you have not committed yourself to the story you have put forward (ie, we have no idea if it will or won’t get up for tomorrow’s paper). More disturbingly, some of you have been given things to work on and you still have not presented a note/pic idea or briefed the chief of staff on where you are at with the story.
Today, you have until 10am to remedy this situation. If by that time you have not convinced me that you, as a news journalist, have a relevant story I find worthy to put on the newslist and present in morning conference, you can explain to the powers above why you have failed as a news journalist.
None of you can suggest that you do not know these things are required. Your failure to fulfill these basic requirements makes it near impossible for the news desk to start the day and get things happening in the tighter timelines we have. The hand holding and protecting you from yourselves stops now.
BRYAN LITTLELY

Raisedeyebrow

Rookie
May 13, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Regarding Bogroll, the ex journalist who liked to post about how popular he was, being a ' well respected and admired investigative journalist who only writes the facts" Thought you might like to see how well he would have been liked while working for the Advertiser.

Littlely reads the riot act:
Sent: Wednesday, 30 September 2009 8:54 AM
To: …
Cc: ….
Subject: Take Note and React — URGENTLY
If you have received this email it means you have, in some way, failed to fulfill the daily requirements of an Advertiser news journalist.
Either you have not adequately briefed the chief of staff on the story you will be working on, failed to organise a picture or even suggest a pic idea, did not make a note in the news diary I feel you have not committed yourself to the story you have put forward (ie, we have no idea if it will or won’t get up for tomorrow’s paper). More disturbingly, some of you have been given things to work on and you still have not presented a note/pic idea or briefed the chief of staff on where you are at with the story.
Today, you have until 10am to remedy this situation. If by that time you have not convinced me that you, as a news journalist, have a relevant story I find worthy to put on the newslist and present in morning conference, you can explain to the powers above why you have failed as a news journalist.
None of you can suggest that you do not know these things are required. Your failure to fulfill these basic requirements makes it near impossible for the news desk to start the day and get things happening in the tighter timelines we have. The hand holding and protecting you from yourselves stops now.
BRYAN LITTLELY
Seems reasonable and quite possibly the recipients deserved to get this email. Perhaps they could learn from Bryans work ethic. Theres so much rubishing of Bryan on this thread and I’m feeling it isn’t fair.

PenfoldsFan

All Australian
Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Central Districts
Seems reasonable and quite possibly the recipients deserved to get this email. Perhaps they could learn from Bryans work ethic. Theres so much rubishing of Bryan on this thread and I’m feeling it isn’t fair.
Agreed, losing respect for someone asking them to lift their game underlines why they needed telling in the first place.

johnymac1

Team Captain
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I need to compile a list of boarding houses, holiday rentals in the glenelg area.

I recently discovered corporate lodgings for employees of the railways located in Glenelg in the 60s..
I found it in a railways group, an old photo dated 1966, of a group of two story flats.

Tues

Senior List
Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
I need to compile a list of boarding houses, holiday rentals in the glenelg area.

I recently discovered corporate lodgings for employees of the railways located in Glenelg in the 60s..
I found it in a railways group, an old photo dated 1966, of a group of two story flats.
That sounds like quite a task! Sussex Street?

Last edited:

Tues

Senior List
Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
I dare say the recipients of that email thought it wasn't fair either as did other media outlets. Bryan did however admit later that he got it wrong, then added that he rarely gets things wrong.

Deni

Senior List
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's already been searched due to Bevan Spencer von Einem. No human remains found. The McIntyres aren't certain about Stansbury. Knowing the police wouldn't believe their Stansbury guess they've had to fabricate a positive sighting in the car boot. Myponga Dam was their back-up guess.
If you had done some more reading you would have seen that in the McIntyers story, the children were first put into Myponga dam, then two weeks later they were removed so there wouldn't have been anything for the police to see

I dare say the recipients of that email thought it wasn't fair either as did other media outlets. Bryan did however admit later that he got it wrong, then added that he rarely gets things wrong.
As you know Tues, Byan is a bully, his bullying, abusive behaviour of myself, Tues, and another friend is downright disgusting, so to me that email is just his bullying ways coming out!!

Malibu#27

Premium Platinum
Feb 25, 2002
Barossa Valley
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies, Redbacks
Can’t be bothered reading back through this thread as it seems to be more focussed on attacking journos rather than on what happens to the kids.

But I googled this Max McIntyre bloke. Do people believe him when he says he knows who killed the kids or that he witnessed his son in bed with the Monroe guy or was he just full of sh*t ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad