Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes but they
do not get everything wrong....the kids always went to Wenzels and they were told to bring a Pastie home for their Mother so my bet is that took place.
1654239258335-png.1415634

So now they are carrying all this and open coke bottles

Good luck getting the bottles back with any coke left

Just on your assertion - its entirely plausible - and as noted a 1 pound note doesnt mean it is Phipps

But the reason I dismiss it is for such an important moment - when most witnesses were on the beach and in front of the Town hall - the police didnt release this info to help find more witnesses in the area of Wenzels

I have seen you allude to a cover up - but this was so important to advancing the timelines that it needed to come out

It tells me that it wasnt given the importance some want it to be

So now they are carrying all this and open coke bottles

Good luck getting the bottles back with any coke left

Just on your assertion - its entirely plausible - and as noted a 1 pound note doesnt mean it is Phipps

But the reason I dismiss it is for such an important moment - when most witnesses were on the beach and in front of the Town hall - the police didnt release this info to help find more witnesses in the area of Wenzels

I have seen you allude to a cover up - but this was so important to advancing the timelines that it needed to come out

It tells me that it wasnt given the importance some want it to be
I was trying to point out the fact they had bottle openers on the Machines back in the day in response to how could they open the bottles? I also did say I do not think the bottles were open until the perp got h9ld of them.
I believe in the newspaper article that the children had the lunch and drink in string bags as reported.
Smith also reported this in his letter to police when he saw the children get into the dark coloued car with the person matching Munro's description. Stop trying to twist my words lol
Stop trying to protect these dreadful pedos it's very disturbing.

This is low.

I want the person/people responsible to be caught as much as anyone.

I don't think having so many fantasists and differing competing claims helps achieve this outcome

I include Smith in this. His claim came well after the event.

I include that idiot McIntyre. I include Marshall. Both fantasists

I was trying to point out the fact they had bottle openers on the Machines back in the day in response to how could they open the bottles? I also did say I do not think the bottles were open until the perp got h9ld of them.
I believe in the newspaper article that the children had the lunch and drink in string bags as reported.
Smith also reported this in his letter to police when he saw the children get into the dark coloued car with the person matching Munro's description. Stop trying to twist my words lol

I've seen the list of items the children were carrying and/or wearing when they left home. String bags have never been mentioned. Are you suggesting the perps gave them the string bags? What a strange thing for an abductor(s) to happen to have on hand on the day! Why didn't the perps just go into the bakery themselves rather than create a scenario where the children might be recognised?

I find it "disturbing" that unsubstantiated information has clogged the investigation to the point where this case will probably never be solved.

Last edited:
This is low.

I want the person/people responsible to be caught as much as anyone.

I don't think having so many fantasists and differing competing claims helps achieve this outcome

I include Smith in this. His claim came well after the event.

I include that idiot McIntyre. I include Marshall. Both fantasists
Smith in my opinion has corroborated his story with the same timelines as the older couple that seen the children around the same time..now he didn't know the older couple so how did he get things so correct?
Now you just said people involved?
So you are admitting more than 1 person.
So at least we agree on that 👍

Smith in my opinion has corroborated his story with the same timelines as the older couple that seen the children around the same time..now he didn't know the older couple so how did he get things so correct?
Now you just said people involved?
So you are admitting more than 1 person.
So at least we agree on that 👍
I don't believe Smith at all, not one scrap of it. That's my opinion - everyone is entitled to have one as you said so please don't retort back. :rolleyes:

I don't believe Smith at all, not one scrap of it. That's my opinion - everyone is entitled to have one as you said so please don't retort back. :rolleyes:
So do you believe what the older couple had reported to see the Children with the man in his mid thirties with Brown hair parted to the left and was around 6ft tall?

I have a question which may have been answered here before regarding this cursed pound note business.

Did the police know about the alleged pound note from the very beginning and subsequently chose to withhold that 'key' for a year?
Or did the shop assistant from Wenzels decide to withhold (or suddenly remember) that alleged information for a year?

'Links' as we know them now didn't exist then and newspaper clippings were all we had. Does anyone have a concise answer to the above?

Mostyn Matters was the detective in charge at Glenelg Police Station on that terrible day and l had the chance to ask him this question 3-4 years ago. He was struggling with his memory by then and was unable to recall clearly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a question which may have been answered here before regarding this cursed pound note business.

Did the police know about the alleged pound note from the very beginning and subsequently chose to withhold that 'key' for a year?
Or did the shop assistant from Wenzels decide to withhold (or suddenly remember) that alleged information for a year?

'Links' as we know them now didn't exist then and newspaper clippings were all we had. Does anyone have a concise answer to the above?

Mostyn Matters was the detective in charge at Glenelg Police Station on that terrible day and l had the chance to ask him this question 3-4 years ago. He was struggling with his memory by then and was unable to recall clearly.
From all reports the Police knew about the pound note within days of the children going missing but they withheld that information for some reason.

A great summary of the situation by Mike Petersen. I'd forgotten how good he was. Here we are 56 years later and still none the wiser, still asking the same questions.

Handle the Truth, can you give me more info about the string bags please?

A great summary of the situation by Mike Petersen. I'd forgotten how good he was. Here we are 56 years later and still none the wiser, still asking the same questions.

Handle the Truth, can you give me more info about the string bags please?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220605-232604_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220605-232604_Google.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 41
Why are there so many posters in this thread that don’t post anywhere else?
How do you even come across a thread like this?
Most have single agendas pushing one theory or another

Some are shills

Why are there so many posters in this thread that don’t post anywhere else?
How do you even come across a thread like this?

Hi Froggy. Good questions!

I stumbled across Crime here while browsing the footy stuff and enjoying the banter. I'm a SANFL tragic. I've been a long term sleuth and have found BF to be the best site for me in terms of mostly knowledgeable, rational and balanced posters and good moderators.

The psychology of true crime is my interest in terms of motives and backgrounds of offenders. Like many posters here, l have a specific interest in crimes which occurred in my own city or town as we can visualise places and in many cases, people. We have a better feel for whether a scenario was likely or unlikely at the time; in my case lil ole Adelaide.

I don't have any time for conspiracy theories, govt cover-ups, strange 'witnesses' or persistent (and sometimes disreputable) journalists in disguise. Most of us can spot hidden agendas.

Hope this answers your questions.

But how do they even come across bigfooty.

Google searches or knowing Big Footy has Crime forums. A lot got attracted by the Claremont Serial Killings forums which were absorbing and hugely popular. I tried to generate interest in Bible John, but it didn't work!

Google searches or knowing Big Footy has Crime forums. A lot got attracted by the Claremont Serial Killings forums which were absorbing and hugely popular. I tried to generate interest in Bible John, but it didn't work!
BBC have a new doco on Bible John. Hopefully it comes to Australia sometime.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back