Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Remove this Banner Ad

Inspector Gadget

Debutant
Suspended
Jul 21, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Didn't forget. I haven't seen the article in the state library. nor have read it stated anywhere else by the mother that Grant only ate pies. I will see if i can find it but until i do i will take your word for it and factor it in.

Speaking of factoring things in, I have owned RTR for about 15 years now and am familiar with it. I understand where you are coming from about naming those names that have been hidden. I will ask if you feel the "innocent until proving guilty" concept should not exist? because it seems to me that your asking for anyone reported or charged but not proving guilty to be named.

Are you suggesting that the disappearance of the BC could have been part of between the states shipping around of the kids in state care? Hmmm interesting concept and not one i have considered......yet.
I would have put the article up, but I lost my hard drive with loads of articles that I took photos of in the library. It is there. I've always found it strange no-one has ever really picked up on that. It is a rather large article and printed not long after their disappearance.

RTR on the digital copy has a few more updates at the end. You seem to be one of a few that have a hard copy of the book. Have you read the court findings and appeals for the case? Those names that are hidden and are in the MI and that is what annoys me.

It's the same as The Family - Tick-Tock still chases young *ick and *ock around lunch time, still sickening and still rough. Yet, this is someone who the police have been aware of for a very long time, yet there is no action taken.

I most certainly believe in innocent until proven guilty, but with the amount of wrongful convictions we have had, and particularly in SA where we had an unqualified person signing death certificates and testifying in trials that put innocent people in goal, or let the guilty walk free, and let's also not forget about the levels of corruption, which saw some detectives get busted growing dope out north and there were big things down south too. Then there is also the high up police that finally faced charges of child offences. The initial report to his superiors, their response was to simply step him down a rank, that was the way police dealt with it. We've seen all different things happen so it is difficult to believe in at times when you are faced with that scenario.

So in terms of child abuse/s etc, all convictions now and then should be named and shamed and the ones who were reported by police (MI) (there has to be a level of an offence to be reported) and that should be made public too. We are not talking about people just walking their dog at night or waiting for a friend to go to a public toilet, we are talking about grown adult grime seeking out vulnerable children for their own gratification. They should be named, their intentions are nothing but sickening and evil so why can't people have access to information to be better protected?

In my opinion, I do not believe the BC case is intertwined in any kind of child trafficking. Their trafficking system was working perfectly well with no-one taking notice. Why draw attention by abducting 3 siblings and hit the headlines? Taking from the homes and shipping them around raised no questions, as explained in RTR. Can't rule it out, but I think it's unlikely.

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don't spy on my neighbours either, but if I had knowledge of offending or loitering etc, at least you can use preventative measures to ensure safety.

I am sorry but I am not sure "raising kids, there were rules". ?

The rules with raising my own children were preventative anyway with the assumption that there probably are people living in the area with a murky history. A lot of cops also live in my neighbourhood, so there's that as well.

jason_recliner

All Australian
Dec 9, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
I shall explain.

My first point is that I feel there should have been better investigations to begin with, as Mulligan asked to be done. Some cases he referred to a few time because police did nothing, lied in their reply to Mulligan and then one in particular is charged. Based on the police evading to even look into it is poor.

The ones who were reported and ones charged should be named and shamed. Even though a report is just a warning, the fact it involved children and whatever they were reported for is most definitely worth being alerted by. I personally don't think hanging around known locations waiting for teens to show up is normal and people should be made aware of these people. Prevention is better than a cure.
Which cases did that happen?

EyeMedia

Debutant
Feb 6, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Has anyone heard of Guido James Eglitis, who was living in Cambodia at the same times as Anthony Munro? He began snooping around, convinced that Munro was involved in the Beaumont case.

I think Guido may have been primarily motivated by the $1m reward money that the SA Gov't was offering.

He was born in Germany (of Latvian heritage) and moved to Warnambool in Victoria as a boy.

Guido apparently made many claims about working in-tandem with various police bodies and police forces to flush-out and extradite Munro back to Australia, but he was probably just interested in the reward money if he could build a believable case against Munro.

Guido himself was implicated or investigated over various crimes including fraud, abductions and a possible involvement in the disappearance and death of Cambodia-based Canadian journalist and film-maker Dave Walker.

Here's a discussion/link regarding Dave Walker's death, if links are allowed to be shared on this forum: Updates: Who is "James An"?

Last edited:

Inspector Gadget

Debutant
Suspended
Jul 21, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
The rules with raising my own children were preventative anyway with the assumption that there probably are people living in the area with a murky history. A lot of cops also live in my neighbourhood, so there's that as well.
I think most parents do the same thing, but having another tool to use would be useful don't you think? Just my opinion.

EyeMedia

Debutant
Feb 6, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
A few weeks ago, Andrew McIntyre made a lengthy facebook post on his page claiming that his sister Ruth solved the Somerton Man mystery years ago, he was so adamant.

The genealogists have now found out who the Somerton Man is and Andrew has deleted his post.
This is what perplexes me about Andrew McIntyre and his various siblings. They claim to have been there on the day of the Beaumont disappearance and possess first-hand knowledge or eye-witness accounts, but if they're lying, they've been lying for literally decades. They never stop.

What motivates them to keep doing this? Why the endless stories and fabrications? Will they eventually go away? What do they gain from all of this?

Police won't dig the site at Stansbury even though there is apparently a petition with thousands of signatures calling for the cops and the government to excavate the property.

Inspector Gadget

Debutant
Suspended
Jul 21, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Which cases did that happen?
Brad Shannon. Find article 5th April 2008 by Jamie Walker of The Australian.

Symonds himself stated police said we have to ask, but we know we are wasting your time, or similar. Its in another article when Symonds accused Shannon of lying etc.

newbie11

Debutant
Oct 24, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
If that is the way you would deal with it that is your choice. Just be prepared to be held accountable for your actions.

Myself, I would use that information to the benefit of children and keep a closer eye out.
Inspector Gadget, it sounds like what you are trying to articulate is something like Daniel Law’s? Is that what your referring to?

I am 100% pro Daniel’s Law, but, that’s not what we are discussing..

We are talking about names of the accused provided by the victims in their statements.. The accused is just that, they are accused, they have not been convicted..

A convicted pedophile on the other hand is a different story- name them, shame them, harass them, throw rocks at them for all I care 🙈🙉🙊 🤷🏼‍♀️

Tues

Senior List
Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
the new witness, David Smith and Andrew McIntyre, none of whom are known to each other — have named one person in common as a person of interest in the case.

Mr Smith was days away from Army life and on a path to the horrors of Vietnam when he took a lunch break at the Glenelg foreshore on January 26, 1966.

He had on his mind saying goodbye to girlfriends and mates at the time and took not much notice of the benign conversation he had with a young man with three children in tow at the foreshore.

In February 2015, and after seeing a missing persons poster in a police station, Smith told police about that encounter, his chat with the man and the eldest child and also an old couple seated nearby.

Smith, who says the horrors of Vietnam troubled him for decades, believes it was Jane Beaumont he spoke with, as well as the man responsible for the abduction.

He has provided a statement to Major Crime which includes identifying the man he saw with the children.

“I never gave it any thought before … I simply didn’t realise I had been a witness to something that could be important,” Mr Smith said.

THE BEAUMONT CHILDREN MYSTERY

“I went away for Army training in the days after, then to war. I didn’t know anything about the missing kids and when I got home from Vietnam I, like many, was not in great shape.

“The girl was looking at my lunch and I asked her if she wanted some … she said the man had bought them lunch.

“I spoke to the man, he was about my age and so I asked if he’d got a call up for service … he said no. End of conversation.” <------- age 19 to resemble Munro maybe? lol, so transparent, that lot.

Mr Smith said the man and three children left in a dark blue convertible sports car.

The elderly couple on a nearby bench told Mr Smith the children had been hanging around the area without an adult over recent days and they were not the man’s children.

Police have acknowledged they’ve taken statements from Mr Smith before.

SAPOL Supt Des Bray reveals results of Friday's search for the Beaumont children
Andrew McIntyre has over the past decade claimed his father was involved in the crime and has provided statements to police outlining his claims......

EyeMedia

Debutant
Feb 6, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
If the girl said the man had already bought the kids lunch, that means they went back to the beach after visiting Wenzel's Bakery.

Was Tony Munro known to have ever owned a blue convertible?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inspector Gadget

Debutant
Suspended
Jul 21, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Inspector Gadget, it sounds like what you are trying to articulate is something like Daniel Law’s? Is that what your referring to?

I am 100% pro Daniel’s Law, but, that’s not what we are discussing..

We are talking about names of the accused provided by the victims in their statements.. The accused is just that, they are accused, they have not been convicted..

A convicted pedophile on the other hand is a different story- name them, shame them, harass them, throw rocks at them for all I care 🙈🙉🙊 🤷🏼‍♀️
Daniel's Law - which is the Offenders Registry - which the Government pledged 7.8 million dollars for? There is already a website out there created and funded by a single mother. The information is so important to be able to protect ourselves, access to the site is by a mere donation monthly that can be stopped at any time - donation is as little as $1! So we have a single mum who does everything for just about nothing, and the government with their 7.8mil can't even begin the Register, which was meant to have been up and running by now.

But no, that is not what we are discussing.

What I have said - which I have specifically pointed out the MI simply because I believe the answer to this BC case lies within the testimony of survivors in that report.

My point is - the 13 reported to police via the MI - I believe if the police investigated properly, they wouldn't have been a report - they would have been charged. Anyone 'reported' by police for such reasons should be named and shamed. The MI was not relating to 'who drove off without paying for petrol' they related to unsavory activities with children. Massive difference between stealing a chocolate bar and exploiting a child.

See, the thing is, we hear about a child being abducted/murdered/raped etc and then in the news we hear that the offender has been on the radar for a longtime and has previous offences. We all then throw our arms in the air and say why were we not told? Just another case where prevention is better than cure.

And, for the record, one of 'the reported' grime from the MI should not have been reported but charged. I know as a fact as the statement to the MI was made by my friend, who 'accidently' died of an OD when he spoke up.

Feel free to sign up to the website and have a look, you may be surprised who is around you.

Macka_321

Debutant
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is what perplexes me about Andrew McIntyre and his various siblings. They claim to have been there on the day of the Beaumont disappearance and possess first-hand knowledge or eye-witness accounts, but if they're lying, they've been lying for literally decades. They never stop.

What motivates them to keep doing this? Why the endless stories and fabrications? Will they eventually go away? What do they gain from all of this?

Police won't dig the site at Stansbury even though there is apparently a petition with thousands of signatures calling for the cops and the government to excavate the property.
Who knows what the motivation is. But can tell you police have investigated all these claims keep in mind Andrew only says they are at stansbury as Munro apparently told him which I find difficult to believe.

Inspector Gadget

Debutant
Suspended
Jul 21, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
lol - tell the McIntyre trio that.
Sorry if I've missed something, but why would that make a difference to them? I have been looking down this path of enquiry recently & have found a lot of articles from that time that support what has been said.

I understand everyone has a different opinion about these people, but personal indifferences need to be put aside to look at the facts and what matches in with the facts.

To give you some of my background, I've been on the streets and lived the street life in Adelaide, so honestly, not much is beyond belief for me as I've witnessed a lot. What I do know for a fact, some may think someone's story is unbelievable, but you don't actually know until you live the life. Corruption, abuses, injuries that you could never imagine. I don't believe that doubting people in this way is useful at all and actually has an adverse affect on people coming forward. Seeing people being abused online makes others back away, it just isn't helpful at all.

Inspector Gadget

Debutant
Suspended
Jul 21, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Who knows what the motivation is. But can tell you police have investigated all these claims keep in mind Andrew only says they are at stansbury as Munro apparently told him which I find difficult to believe.
That's the point - there is no motivation is there? It's not about money, it seems to be about them getting to the truth. From what I have been seeing, these people have been trying to get action for a very long time. They have been the targets of vile comments and criticism from everyone on any sites where they are present, so perhaps there is truth within what they are saying.

Again, I suggest that investigations into certain things are not conducted correctly either and that isn't something that is just isolated to just those people, it has been across all levels.

I've noted that in terms of things like the tunnels in Adelaide police say they don't exist - yet they do exist. Police say they will investigate everything - yet they don't.

I've been reading about the Stansbury line and quite frankly, I don't see why it is just not done. It is either something or nothing at all, but at the end, it's been looked at. They had less evidence to dig at Castalloys so I just don't understand why it's just not done. I see it two ways - if they are there - they can be laid to rest in a proper grave & if they are not - there has been nothing lost either.

I think to solve cases like this, everyone needs to put personal indifferences aside and start clean and follow the evidence.

Inspector Gadget

Debutant
Suspended
Jul 21, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide

That's a good question, what would make someone do this for years and years on end?

I found some stuff that went back a very long time so they have been pursing this for quite awhile and from what I could see, it has cost these people financially from their own pockets, torn up their family and put them up for world wide criticism - so what is that is making them continue?

If you yourself were doing this, why would you be continuing?

Dusty 17

Rookie
Feb 23, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Unlikely.

Why unlikely? He was known to associate with other dubious types. And given the high temps and the amount of people there that day, I am not inclined to believe that the description of the tall man is conclusive. You just have to look at the inertia and lethargy surrounding Lyn Dawson’s disappearance to realise that people in Adelaide in the mid sixties must have been very naive and unobservant. I am not saying it is Munro - but having followed the case on another forum quite closely, and even without the involvement of the other family/person - Munro had means, motive and probably the last window of opportunity to take the children somewhere - supposedly in a biggish car, according to some accounts. SAPOL were understaffed at Glenelg, and the golden hiurs slipped away quickly.Why do people persist in believing the accounts of randoms when so many other possibilities could have existed. The children playing on the grass could have been any number of kids. I know that one girl saw Jane and regretted not saying anything to her. The best thing to do is keep an open mind.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Dusty 17

Rookie
Feb 23, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
That's the point - there is no motivation is there? It's not about money, it seems to be about them getting to the truth. From what I have been seeing, these people have been trying to get action for a very long time. They have been the targets of vile comments and criticism from everyone on any sites where they are present, so perhaps there is truth within what they are saying.

Again, I suggest that investigations into certain things are not conducted correctly either and that isn't something that is just isolated to just those people, it has been across all levels.

I've noted that in terms of things like the tunnels in Adelaide police say they don't exist - yet they do exist. Police say they will investigate everything - yet they don't.

I've been reading about the Stansbury line and quite frankly, I don't see why it is just not done. It is either something or nothing at all, but at the end, it's been looked at. They had less evidence to dig at Castalloys so I just don't understand why it's just not done. I see it two ways - if they are there - they can be laid to rest in a proper grave & if they are not - there has been nothing lost either.

I think to solve cases like this, everyone needs to put personal indifferences aside and start clean and follow the evidence.

Absolutely. Police have been known to say that a person has been cleared, when they other have not investigated or the person was later found to be involved. The McIntyres are being pooh poohed because of their method of communication. The Beaumont children were taken by someone or someones they thought they knew and trusted.

Inspector Gadget

Debutant
Suspended
Jul 21, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Absolutely. Police have been known to say that a person has been cleared, when they other have not investigated or the person was later found to be involved. The McIntyres are being pooh poohed because of their method of communication. The Beaumont children were taken by someone or someones they thought they knew and trusted.

The way I have read what has being said, is I get the picture that they tried to do the right things and keep it with authorities. Then it appears to turn to social media and forums because of the nil action and to bring it to the public so something will be done.

People need to also remember life back then. This was a time when you went to your bank manager for a loan and you didn't need to prove anything. It was much the same 'mates rates' with police too, just look at who threw Duncan into the Torrens and who never got charged.....just retire from the force and everything will just float away.

I understand that many do not understand what life is/was like in SA. Down at Glenelg in the old WC blocks, the police KNEW the kids there were being abused - there was grime lined up for all to see and what did the police do - nothing absolutely nothing at all.

I also believe it was a joint effort to abduct the children and certainly someone they felt comfortable enough with.

I noticed previously you mentioned Munro. Upon looking down this line of enquiry, I have noted that aside from being just about a glove fit for the crime, he has been an offender for decades and decades, just hasn't been charged with all the offences. I believe I read somewhere there are many more victims of his alone that are just not ready to come forward yet. I also just read and I'll check records in Library next time I go in, he lived not too much further than Phipps and was a frequenter of the beach.

Inspector Gadget

Debutant
Suspended
Jul 21, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
I am just wondering, has anyone else ever wondered why there has been so much misreporting with this case?

I find it strange that police have never corrected anything either. About the only things that haven't changed is the account of the witnesses who 'he' spoke to at lunch time.

From then until today, the time they left home has been misreported, the bathing suits have been misreported, so many things. Why have police never corrected anything?

Deni

Senior List
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide

I looked at the petition yesterday and it's had at least 50 updates over the 5 years it's been up, and considering they have just a tad under 35 thousand signatures it has never once been lodged with SAPOL..

And here is Andrew McIntryers video on the Somerton Man, it's still on his Facebook page..

newbie11

Debutant
Oct 24, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Daniel's Law - which is the Offenders Registry - which the Government pledged 7.8 million dollars for? There is already a website out there created and funded by a single mother. The information is so important to be able to protect ourselves, access to the site is by a mere donation monthly that can be stopped at any time - donation is as little as $1! So we have a single mum who does everything for just about nothing, and the government with their 7.8mil can't even begin the Register, which was meant to have been up and running by now.

But no, that is not what we are discussing.

What I have said - which I have specifically pointed out the MI simply because I believe the answer to this BC case lies within the testimony of survivors in that report.

My point is - the 13 reported to police via the MI - I believe if the police investigated properly, they wouldn't have been a report - they would have been charged. Anyone 'reported' by police for such reasons should be named and shamed. The MI was not relating to 'who drove off without paying for petrol' they related to unsavory activities with children. Massive difference between stealing a chocolate bar and exploiting a child.

See, the thing is, we hear about a child being abducted/murdered/raped etc and then in the news we hear that the offender has been on the radar for a longtime and has previous offences. We all then throw our arms in the air and say why were we not told? Just another case where prevention is better than cure.

And, for the record, one of 'the reported' grime from the MI should not have been reported but charged. I know as a fact as the statement to the MI was made by my friend, who 'accidently' died of an OD when he spoke up.

Feel free to sign up to the website and have a look, you may be surprised who is around you.
Since when has there been a child/sex offender registry available to the open public in Australia?

I’m know that Is not what we were discussing? I made point of that.

The reason I asked if you might of been referring to Daniel’s law is because you were repeating that it would be a useful tool to know where a sex offender might be living in your neighbourhood ect..ect.

Referencing to the proposed Daniel’s Law in Australia, a replica for that of Megan’s Law in the US.

(A public register to allow users to search by name or address)
Like this;
C9981BCD-C117-4009-9B66-957ABE946CD0.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad