Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon ol Don looks a bit like the identikit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone reckon Don Dunstan was a part of the family?

I wouldn't be surprised. Labor party is SA were instrumental in getting an 80 year suppression for perpetrators of abuse in the Mulligan report.

Dunstan's uncle was accused of abusing a boy, whose mother saw him carrying a body in a rolled carpet in their block of flats (in the Family murders thread)

Also Dunstan appointed Elliot Johnston a QC after him being rejected by the previous government in 1969. With the previous pedophile downunder link to Johnston's pdeo claims, was he rejected on political grounds or pedo grounds?

I wouldn't be surprised. Labor party is SA were instrumental in getting an 80 year suppression for perpetrators of abuse in the Mulligan report.

Dunstan's uncle was accused of abusing a boy, whose mother saw him carrying a body in a rolled carpet in their block of flats (in the Family murders thread)

Also Dunstan appointed Elliot Johnston a QC after him being rejected by the previous government in 1969. With the previous pedophile downunder link to Johnston's pdeo claims, was he rejected on political grounds or pedo grounds?
I think you will find that the Uncle was a Crease relation

It’s hardly a stretch. His cohort isn’t purported, it is fact that he regularly hung out with Munro (paedo convicted of molesting McIntyre’s son) around Glenelg beach. He fits the description given by multiple witnesses from his hair style / colour, build and dress style. Two of his kids say that he was involved on the day, He himself admitted to knowing what happened. He was a known paedo.
If you watched Andrew McIntyre's statement to the International Tribunal, what did you (or anyone) think of his claim that his father Max had taken three children around the same age from the Goodwood Orphanage who resembled the Beaumont children, dressed them and cut their hair so that they would look like the Beaumont children, and paraded them around Adelaide so people would report sightings of them? Then he murdered them by throwing them off a cliff about a week later.

Of the around 600 deaths of children in Institutions Mulligan looked at, some had cases of death as "broken bones". Even if his report is suppressed would Andrew's claims be able to be substantiated by looking into the dates and ages of children that died from Goodwood?

I'd never heard that claim before and just found another source that Andrew states these claims and others. https://gumshoenews.com/2018/09/27/adelaide-mysteries-part-3-interview-with-andrew-mcintyre/

Andrew: The use of those other children as “substitutes” was witnessed by my sister Ruth. Amazingly she was later taken to a police station and told to make an admission that it was she who pushed them off a cliff. But she refused to say that.

Some other claims by Andrew McIntyre

Mary: How did he (Max McIntyre) claim to make a living openly?

Andrew: he was employed by Telecom. He was a wire tapper and sometimes he said he was a police informant. In those day before electronic surveillance, they had people tapping into telephone conversations.

Mary: Do you have any idea who were his targets?

Andrew: I know that he wire-tapped SP bookies.

Mary: What’s an SP bookie?

Andrew: They were bookies who take bets on horses and so forth. “SP” stands for “starting price” meaning the value of the chance of a particular horse winning. It’s interesting to know that not only was my father wiretapping SP bookies, other people were SP bookies including Robert Symonds (Mother Goose), my maternal grandfather Hurtle Horan, and Jim Beaumont the father of the Beaumont children.

Much later my Horan grandfather died at home and no one knew of it, so they did not find him for a long time. His body was putrid. It would not surprise me if Max was the murderer but I have no evidence to go on.

IMO the McIntyre kids' allegations aren't credible. There's no evidence of much of what they say. As for the above allegations, if their father threw kids off a cliff was any evidence of that ever found? Why not? Jim Beaumont an SP bookie - any evidence? Any evidence of his phone being tapped? Any evidence of MM being a wire tapper? An informer? Any witness sightings of the Beaumont substitutes? You'd think there'd be plenty if he was parading them around town. IF he was parading them he'd also be spotted. Any evidence of that? Witness descriptions of him?

I could understand if maybe one of those claims wasn't verified but all (or even most) of them? Not for me. There's a reason they gave 'evidence' at this 'international tribunal' and it's because 'real' justice organisations found them not to be credible, IMO.

https://www.itnj.org/frequently-asked-questions/

IMO the McIntyre kids' allegations aren't credible. There's no evidence of much of what they say. As for the above allegations, if their father threw kids off a cliff was any evidence of that ever found? Why not? Jim Beaumont an SP bookie - any evidence? Any evidence of his phone being tapped? Any evidence of MM being a wire tapper? An informer? Any witness sightings of the Beaumont substitutes? You'd think there'd be plenty if he was parading them around town. IF he was parading them he'd also be spotted. Any evidence of that? Witness descriptions of him?

I could understand if maybe one of those claims wasn't verified but all (or even most) of them? Not for me. There's a reason they gave 'evidence' at this 'international tribunal' and it's because 'real' justice organisations found them not to be credible, IMO.

Yet the other witness has never met the Mcintyres but has details that have been proven as true. He now has the copy of the women's police report of them attending his house after being drugged & almost dying. He also knew Tony, hewas his scout leader & a relative of the witness was "close" to Tony.
This witness iscredable, has given many statements but SAPOL refuse to act. This witness knew too many things to be fake & is in fear for his life.
This guy, is believable & credible. Even Suzie Ratcliffe is shocked & disgusted that the police still refuse to do nothing. The new witness went to her first & told her everything & then they went to the police. I don't blame him for wanting to stay anonymous. The many questions of "why come out now & not then?"
Clearly they've never been traumatised to extents that makes you repress everything so you can function somewhat of a normal life to make it to the next day & then the next. Don't for once think that just because Munro is in prison that he can't use his millions of dollars to get a hit done on any witness.

The McIntyre children's allegations have been independently confirmed by woman 1 and woman 2's descriptions of the man seen with the children at the beach.

Also the Independent witness willow is talking about whom I believe identified McIntyre and Munro with the children at a house.

If you've had a look at the evidence on this thread there were confusing witness sightings after they had disappeared. You've listened to Andrew and his sisters testimony to the International Tribunal for sexual abuse haven't you?

Andrew specifically said the children were taken by his father from Goodwood Orphanage. This was one of the Institutions Mulligan looked at in his Inquiry. I'd suggest a start would be to look for three children similar in age and gender who died just after they went missing. Would this basic information be suppressed?

Interestingly I remember when I looked at what was available from Mulligan Inquiry he said out of the 600 deaths or disappearances he looked at from SA Institutions over 100 had no cause of death (which is illegal) or the children had just disappeared. He also said that other deaths had inadequate cause of death on the death certificate and specifically mentioned "broken bones" as an example.

Unfortunately there is no "real" justice without transparency or prosecutions and neither were available to those witnesses or to the Beaumont children. There is no problem in Andrew not being honest and a credible witness as his evidence was taken about Tony Munro abusing him and another boy which is why Munro is current incarcerated.

Well known that Max McIntyre worked for Telstra and it wouldn't be his phone tapped, he was the fix it man, butcher and undertaker and knew where the bodies were buried. I can believe he had enough dirt on anyone to get himself immunity.

This case will never be solved if they wanted to solve it they could have already. The fact it’s been unsolved for this long is a joke really.

Also, the Beaumonts didn't have a home phone until the children went missing & police put one in for them.Wouldn't it be weird & creepy if the cops had Max McIntyre put in that phone

If you watched Andrew McIntyre's statement to the International Tribunal, what did you (or anyone) think of his claim that his father Max had taken three children around the same age from the Goodwood Orphanage who resembled the Beaumont children, dressed them and cut their hair so that they would look like the Beaumont children, and paraded them around Adelaide so people would report sightings of them? Then he murdered them by throwing them off a cliff about a week later.

There are a large number of astounding claims given in his evidence that at first consideration you think "surely not". The use of proxy BC's paraded around town would be one of those. Putting aside the obvious risk of him being stopped and questioned as to who they were you also have to ask why? What was this deception really going to achieve? If it was to confuse the search / investigation it doesn't appear to have achieved its goal.

I think it is a key issue for Andrew and Ruth that the sheer volume and magnitude of their claims has many including LE viewing them skeptically. Personally I think there is a lot of truth in there which makes the situation unfortunate and frustrating. If it is all true, and I'm not saying it isn't, then it is truly is crime at an unprecedented level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are a large number of astounding claims given in his evidence that at first consideration you think "surely not". The use of proxy BC's paraded around town would be one of those. Putting aside the obvious risk of him being stopped and questioned as to who they were you also have to ask why? What was this deception really going to achieve? If it was to confuse the search / investigation it doesn't appear to have achieved its goal.

I think it is a key issue for Andrew and Ruth that the sheer volume and magnitude of their claims has many including LE viewing them skeptically. Personally I think there is a lot of truth in there which makes the situation unfortunate and frustrating. If it is all true, and I'm not saying it isn't, then it is truly is crime at an unprecedented level.
I wasn't there or knew much about he case until coming onto bf. But from what I've read I think the investigation was very confused. For years the children were said to have gone missing on the Saturday 29th January at running races on and were reported seen with different people.

Leaving out the information that they had a one pound note and brought six finger buns, five pies and a pastie and two 2 lt bottles of coke, for years was very strange and may this have been very important in finding out what happened.

I wasn't there or knew much about he case until coming onto bf. But from what I've read I think the investigation was very confused. For years the children were said to have gone missing on the Saturday 29th January at running races on and were reported seen with different people.

Leaving out the information that they had a one pound note and brought six finger buns, five pies and a pastie and two 2 lt bottles of coke, for years was very strange and may this have been very important in finding out what happened.
Pretty sure we didn't have 2l bottles of Coke in 1966. I also don't think there was much confusion about the date back when it mattered most, it was all over the news for ages. It's only these days there's any confusion, although I don't think there'd be any in police records. It seems the confusion is with media and forums getting their info from media.

I can't recall there being any confusion and the police search commenced fairly much immediately upon them being reported missing. The only confusion I have read of is the Vietnam Vet witness who didn't associate the kids he spoke to with the missing BC children because he thought they went missing on a different day.

Hi folks, new to this thread.
Just watched the channel 7 doco last night Beaumont children- what really happened which suggests Harry Phipps was now the prime suspect. The sons description of his dad was disturbing.
I think this show is from last year so did anything come of the investigation?

Just watched the channel 7 doco last night Beaumont children- what really happened which suggests Harry Phipps was now the prime suspect. The sons description of his dad was disturbing.
They have dug twice at the factory he owned which the 2 boys said they dug at

Nothing found. Some still say the wrong spot was chosen.

Possibly a strange person but nothing concrete has ever been found on him

Pretty sure we didn't have 2l bottles of Coke in 1966. I also don't think there was much confusion about the date back when it mattered most, it was all over the news for ages. It's only these days there's any confusion, although I don't think there'd be any in police records. It seems the confusion is with media and forums getting their info from media.
The police typed out what the children bought from the bakery and two large bottle of coke. I've posted a copy of the typed report and can't remember if they identified a volume. This wan't shared in the media for years.
From what I've read in the media there has been much confusion and I've tried to look at original sources as much as possible. A common mistake people make is to confuse the two descriptions into one hybrid descriptions. If reading the original police report copied a few pages back and the verified witness descriptions it becomes clear. No wonder if there was and still is a lot of confusion.

However I don't think you can dismiss the McIntyre children and can be independently verified by four other witness (woman 1 and 2, Viet Vet and new witness) all unknown to each other.

These way back machine information and bibliography have some good links, as does this thread. http://web.archive.org/web/20140220051608/http://www.beaumontchildren.com/index.html

I personally think Hayden was telling the truth in that he saw the children in his back yard, but was led into saying some things in his interview (heard a gun) that I don't think happened. I think Phipps was involved but there was a few others and a major pedo ring in operation.

With Phipps house so close to the bakery I believe they were taken there in the "flash car" the Viet Vet saw then get into with Munro. I think they would have struggled and alerted someone if they were dragged or were in a car for too long and seen, when being abducted. I think their Coca cola drinks were drugged there and they were put into the boot unconscious which matches what Hayden Phipps said as well.

If you had to put money on it who’s would you say is the killer and the man at the beach?

Munro, McIntyre, the man who was related to the new witness & possibly more. Whether it be just the rapes or the killing,they all had a hand in it I believe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back