Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Remove this Banner Ad

This along with the wanda beach murders are just shocking young people just disappeared never to be seen again.Both happened around the sametime in a care free aussie lifestyle where people would leave there doors and windows open,let there childern have fun and play without having to worry.This prob changed that forever here in Australia.Losing a child like this would be extremely hard to deal with and thats not even half of it.

Interesting stuff about Derek Percy's possible link, especially considering he would've been relatively young himself...

Yeah. Have you ever seen the photograph of a suspect from Queensland? Eerie. He was a carpenter who was very, very suss. Had a dark history. Drove a similar car and matched up with descriptions. Alas, no deathbed confession.

This guy: http://www.beaumontchildren.com/beaumontArthurStanleyBrown.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Stanley_Brown

identikit image of suspect.

suspect8.jpg

there's a better picture somewhere of Arthur Brown but cant find it. Anyway, the younger Brown is very much like the identikit.

arthur-brown-000.jpg

00078256.jpg

DrVanNostrand

Premiership Player
Dec 14, 2011
129 West 81st
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Have heard plenty about this case, ever since the first episode of CIA I think was about the Beaumonts. Never bothered to read up on it properly until I saw this thread, typical of me to do so after midnight and scare myself shitless. That site is great, plenty of fact as well as informed speculation.

FWIW, I don't particularly think any of the four main suspects did it, but Dereck Percy is the most likely I think. Although I have no idea how to account for the fact he was 17 at the time and witnesses say the guy was mid-30s.

DrVanNostrand

Premiership Player
Dec 14, 2011
129 West 81st
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Although, isn't the identikit of the Oval Abductor and not nessesarily the Beaumont guy?

Yeah, not sure. Strange how Percy's only known statements about several unsolved murders (in different cities) were to an old schoolmate (who'd become a policeman) shortly after his arrest, placeing himself in the vicinity of each one, but maintained he couldn't remember a thing about them. It almost seems like he was playing a game with his interrogator. Investigators were absolutely convinced that Yvonne Tuohy was not his first murder victim.

I cant remember if it was percy or someone else (sorry if not on topic).One guy who was a suspect i think in this case painted a picture at the bottom of the painting what looked like some bodies under a sand dune.Yet i cant remember if it was this case or could be the wanda beach murders (i'm prob wrong on both knowing me).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 8, 2007
vic
AFL Club
Richmond
The problem with Percy is that he knows exactly how to play the system. He is very smart. He knows he's never being released, so he plays along with questions from journos looking to write a book or article. By dropping just the right hints or pauses, he can send a message that he might be involved without admitting anything. And Police can't force him to answer questions without good reason for suspicions because he's not a criminal (found not guilty-insane).

He's one sick individual. He has been linked with many missing-child investigations over the years. But nothing concrete has come out.

Von Einem seems a far more likely suspect.

The problem with Percy is that he knows exactly how to play the system. He is very smart. He knows he's never being released, so he plays along with questions from journos looking to write a book or article. By dropping just the right hints or pauses, he can send a message that he might be involved without admitting anything. And Police can't force him to answer questions without good reason for suspicions because he's not a criminal (found not guilty-insane).

He's one sick individual. He has been linked with many missing-child investigations over the years. But nothing concrete has come out.

I just read up on that von Einem character - my god, what a disturbing chapter to still be left open.

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong

To me, the main issue with Percy is that, in all likelihood, he would have needed a car to commit the Beaumont crime, when he (most likely) was only 17 years old. Sure, like Dupas, he's become a master at playing the system, but was he that crafty, back when he was 20-21 years old and had little to no experience being interviewed by police?

Ghostwriter

Cancelled
10k Posts RIP North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Aug 20, 2002
Petrie Motlop sponsor '03
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Did a search of Von Einem after reading his wiki page and searched pictures and Niel Craigs pic came up and I thought good god he's somehow involved in the murders, my heart raced, I clicked the link and lo and behold it was bigfooty lookalikes, Craig and Von Einem.

May 8, 2007
vic
AFL Club
Richmond
To me, the main issue with Percy is that, in all likelihood, he would have needed a car to commit the Beaumont crime, when he (most likely) was only 17 years old. Sure, like Dupas, he's become a master at playing the system, but was he that crafty, back when he was 20-21 years old and had little to no experience being interviewed by police?

Percy wasn't really asked about the beaumont children until he'd been in jail for many years - so he'd been through the trial and the insanity hearings. There is no evidence for Percy being involved except for 'He's the type' and 'He might have been in the area around the same time'. He has never been formally questioned because there is no evidence for Police to charge him, and so is quite within his rights to refuse to answer anything without prejudice. So he's likely only to have only been spoken to in a 'general' way about the Beaumonts and the other unsolved murders from around his time.

I think as the beaumont cased continued to widen, eventually every person who has had any involvement with any other missing child case in Australia would have been spoken to - they can't all be guilty.

rayven

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 26, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PC racing
For years there have been rumors of Von Einem being involved
That guy use to collect teenage boys for the Peter Liddy style orgies/parties that was a regular occurrence amongst some sections of the ruling class..It doesn't add up he/they were into such young children.

Freddy Bassett

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 2, 2005
At Work
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PANTHERS,CHELSEA
Read the Family murders thread - total sicko

I did. Like the Albert Fish thread, it's something I wish I hadn't read. I mean, I've read it before, but time has dulled the details suitably.

moses

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Home
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
I did. Like the Albert Fish thread, it's something I wish I hadn't read. I mean, I've read it before, but time has dulled the details suitably.

The scary thing about the Family case, is only one person has ever been charged over it. It is very unsettling and upsetting to think some of the people involved are still free, particularly giving the sadistic nature of the crimes.

rayven

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 26, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PC racing
growing up in Adelaide during this, its always been a topic in our clan about the rumors of who the family actually are.

Those people (in the rumors) are slowly but surely getting picked of individually as the years go ... it's also coming apparent as the history and events roll past, that the support network they had that supported them to remain secret, is extremely likely and in character.

So i would say the rumors floating around from the 80's in adl, are either generated from a malicious very intelligent source, or...................

If you look at some of the individual's now in the clink for hideous sex crimes with similaraties to the family killings and who occupied roles in our community like a magistrate as the rumors suggested and you look at the level of support they have had, even once condemned...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back