Unsolved The Beaumont Children

better late than never but pinging guys in their 70s is like sending them to an old folks home
Its more about answers for the family now, the cops are always acutely aware of how much the families need to know. Also it might lead to solving other cases.
I couldnt live if I lost ALL my children, let alone never knowing what happened to them...how the Beaumonts didnt die of broken hearts I dont know.

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Its more about answers for the family now, the cops are always acutely aware of how much the families need to know. Also it might lead to solving other cases.
I couldnt live if I lost ALL my children, let alone never knowing what happened to them...how the Beaumonts didnt die of broken hearts I dont know.
Same ! There's no way i could either.

Dusty 17

Debutant
Feb 23, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond

Dusty 17

Debutant
Feb 23, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes "documentary deserved the Ron Burgundy award for truth in journalism. Doesn't mean to say Phipps wan't involved at some level though. Police still have him as a poi so must have other information they are still investigation.

Also David Smith the Vietnam vet, thought he was talking to an 11 year old initially and the children he saw were picked up in a fancy sports car with luggage racks and were accompanied by a 20 year old blonde man wearing European style bathers.

There was confusion with the information but initial publicity and poster said they went missing from the beach or Colley reserve and they were looking for a dark haired man mid to late 30's wearing dark blue speedos with a white stripe down each side. For me this and his relatively immediate deployment to Vietnam is understandable in his delay in reporting to police what he saw.

Don't know if anything much was made of them going to the bakery and definitely nothing about the one pound note for a year and even later on what they bought. David Smith hasn't tried to integrate himself with what was supposed to have happened, instead reported what he saw. I think getting more information on the description of the care and figuring out who owned it, is important.

The bakery connection wasn’t made public until a year after the disappearance. There has also been conjecture that when the soldier actually heard about the disappearance, it was erroneously linked to the Bay Sheffield weekend, and not the Australia Day weekend.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
The bakery connection wasn’t made public until a year after the disappearance. There has also been conjecture that when the soldier actually heard about the disappearance, it was erroneously linked to the Bay Sheffield weekend, and not the Australia Day weekend.
Also the feast Jane bought of six finger buns, five pasties and a pie and two large bottle of coke was not revealed for years.

However, the veteren who identified taking to Jane and a young man his age at the time (19) who he later identified as Munro, and seeing them with the two younger children get into a distinctive car deserved to be investigated further in my opinion.

Last edited:
The new witness suggests the following:

The 3 Beaumont children were taken from the beach to a home in Glenelg
(new)Witness (a little boy) was both at the beach and later at the home.
Witness saw the Beaumont children in the home.
At some point the witness was given sleeping pills by one of the two men he saw with the children
The other man later called women police to tend to the witness. He was taken to city women's police station.

That's the brief version.

It will come out on or before 23rd as there is a pending court case.

Sep 8, 2008
argentina
AFL Club
Adelaide

At some point the witness was given sleeping pills by one of the two men he saw with the children
The other man later called women police to tend to the witness. He was taken to city women's police station.

So was the home in Glenelg the house phipps lived at or another place ?

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox

I dont doubt you understand this to be the truth but this has all the hallmarks of going the way of previous attempts to link these people. My assumption is its either the McIntyres or Phipps again?

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle

If he's 71 now I'm pretty sure he would have been 19 then. Not so much a little boy but same age ad Munro and being in his car when Munro was said to have stopped to pick up McIntyre.

Possible scenario is Munro and McIntyre talked and play with the children on beach, with current witness. Someone stole their money and gave them one pound. Told them what to buy for everyone.

Munro goes with them after they return to beach and they get picked up in car (Frank Barsley?) to go to Phipps.

McIntyre and current witness arrive at Phipps in another car. Fizzy drinks are drugged. Witness becomes unconscious.

Children are put in boot of car and taken to Phipps factory.

Last edited:
If he's 71 now I'm pretty sure he would have been 19 then. Not so much a little boy but same age ad Munro and being in his car when Munro was said to have stopped to pick up McIntyre.

Possible scenario is Munro and McIntyre talked and play with the children on beach, with current witness. Someone stole their money and gave them one pound. Told them what to buy for everyone.

Munro goes with them after they return to beach and they get picked up in car (Frank Barsley?) to go to Phipps.

McIntyre and current witness arrive at Phipps in another car. Fizzy drinks are drugged. Witness becomes unconscious.

Still makes you wonder why it has taken so long for someone to come forward !

Phipps was not involved, the man that was with Munro has no previous charges as far as I know. McIntyre was the one they needed to help dispose of the bodies.

I think he has made statements previously but he wasn’t considered a ‘credible’ witness just as Andrew McIntyre wasn’t considered credible when he accused Munro in 2007, 11 years later Andrew is credible and Munro pleads guilty, go figure. Munro is worth a few million, $$$ helps.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Phipps was not involved, the man that was with Munro has no previous charges as far as I know. McIntyre was the one they needed to help dispose of the bodies.
That will be interesting if he has information about disposing of the children's bodies.

If I recall what I've read correctly, Andrew McIntyre has said Munro came back to his house and took him away to a relative's house out of town in Munro's car and were not involved with the bodies. Both Andrew and his sister Ruth said the bodies were in the boot of their father McIntyre's black car (which he had lent to someone and his wife had to get the train to work that day), around 4 pm that day. Ruth said she saw the bodies and her older sister went with her father to dispose of them.

She also said her father never returned to live in the house, parents separated. Her mother died at 34 years of age allegedly of natural causes in a locked room in a hospital some 6 months later. The older sister also died at some later stage.

That will be interesting if he has information about disposing of the children's bodies.

If I recall what I've read correctly, Andrew McIntyre has said Munro came back to his house and took him away to a relative's house out of town in Munro's car and were not involved with the bodies. Both Andrew and his sister Ruth said the bodies were in the boot of their father McIntyre's black car (which he had lent to someone and his wife had to get the train to work that day), around 4 pm that day. Ruth said she saw the bodies and her older sister went with her father to dispose of them.

She also said her father never returned to live in the house, parents separated. Her mother died at 34 years of age allegedly of natural causes in a locked room in a hospital some 6 months later. The older sister also died at some later stage.
Everything the new witness has claimed fits in with the McIntyres version of events. Ruth and Andrew’s sister found it too overwhelming and ended her life I believe.

The new witness who was himself a victim of one of the abductors was in court yesterday facing his abuser. Not a great deal of information available on Beaumonts due to legal constraints and process, but the ground made today has far exceeded expectations and investigators that were confident before today are absolutely so now.

This crime was not associated with a paedophile ring, though In all probability one did exist at the time. It was an opportunistic crime by two people unable to control their disturbing urges and the final outcome was not their intention. The men who did this were no-one special, where it happened was nowhere grand and why it has taken so long to get any information out is because it’s been forever thought to be much more elaborate than the information Investigators have found now suggests.

This crime was not associated with a paedophile ring, though In all probability one did exist at the time. It was an opportunistic crime by two people unable to control their disturbing urges and the final outcome was not their intention. The men who did this were no-one special, where it happened was nowhere grand and why it has taken so long to get any information out is because it’s been forever thought to be much more elaborate than the information Investigators have found now suggests.

Okay, so the claim from what I gather from your posts is that Munro and McIntyre were definitely involved with a unknown 3rd person, JDP from Queensland knows about it (not known how he came to learn this info), and a 4th individual who was a kid at the time was there in the wrong place at the right time and is giving all the current evidence.

Do you know from the info you have received if the unknown 3rd persons identity has been named to police?
Is JDP helping give evidence? Where does he fit in with all this?
And with the 4th individual (the boy), can he pinpoint where the bodies are, or was he not told that and his story ends with him being drugged?

Back