Unsolved The Beaumont Children

I would have thought little girls are the main target simply because sexual offences against children are largely committed by men and boys and most people are not bisexual or homosexual.

Paedophiles are attracted to and their sexuality is geared to pre-pubescent children, so the criteria isn't necessarily gender specific and many of them have a history of targeting both sexes on opportunity.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
I know that my father Max and Tony Munro went to the Phipps house for a New Years Eve party on NYE 1965. I believe that Max deliberately diverted attention away from himself and onto Phipps by using the one pound note.
Yet you're also saying your father paraded the fake Beaumont kids around town for everyone to see they were alive. Why would the 1 pound note divert attention to Phipps? Was he the only person in Adelaide with 1 pound?

Belushi Brassiere

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2011
Albury-Wodonga, Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
i think a reason that Grant is often in the role of the Forgotten Beaumont Child is because Jane and Arnna were girls - girls are seen largely as more innocent and pure, and importantly, seen as more vulnerable just because of their sex by others. Add to that the "dresses, perfume, and flowers" caricature of little girls and that's why Grant tends to be "The Big Bopper" of Australia Day, 1966.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Last edited:

Odog

Team Captain
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Andrew, firstly I do believe what you at is correct. You don’t have to answer this, but do you believe the identikit is a sketch of your father or was there someone else who took the children to Wenzels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lol, a new lead?

Brown and the Beaumonts have been written about dozens of times

I wrote this in 2014 and I’m sure as hell not a sleuth!

The text is going over old claims but the video contains the new lead that was discussed on around May 2018 on big footy, when an man made a statement to the police alleging he was 11 years old at the time and the Beaumont children were brought back to his house in Glenelg and abused and killed.

He narrowly escaped the same fate and somebody rang the woman's auxiliary police who visited the house only hours after the Beamonts were removed, who took him and documents his injuries and his claims at the time. as far as I'm aware this report has been recovered and verified and supports his claims.

docks and others posted when this first went to Court.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
The archived posts in this thread are a good source of information and have hundreds of articles in the bibliography (the numbers .

Description from "Official resume of the Beaumont Case, courtesy of the South Australia Police", is as follows: "Male, mid to late 30's, about 6' tall, thin to athletic build, with light brown short hair swept back and parted on the left side, clean-shaven, suntanned complexion, with a thin face. Australian accent. Wearing blue bathers with a single white stripe down the outside of each leg."

http://web.archive.org/web/20140227133320/http://www.beaumontchildren.com:80/beaumontAtTheBeach.html

At about 11am, a 74 year old woman (Woman 1) was sitting in front of the Holdfast Sailing Club building on a bench under some trees. Woman 1 saw the three Beaumont children playing under a sprinkler on the lawn of the Colley Reserve. A man wearing blue swimming trunks was lying face down on the grass. He seemed to be watching the children. About 15 minutes later she saw the man frolicking with the children, who were flicking him with their towels.

Between 11am and 11:15 a school friend of Jane's also saw the children. She did not speak with them.

At around 11:45am the Beaumont children entered the nearby Wenzel's cake shop (77) and purchased some pasties and a pie, using a £1 note. Mrs Beaumont was later adamant that she had given Jane only eight shillings and sixpence (78). The children were due to catch the noon bus home in about 15 minutes.

At about 12pm, another woman (Woman 2, who had earlier seen Woman 1), was sitting on a nearby bench. The bench was also occupied by an elderly couple (Woman 3 and her husband) and the elderly couple's 10 year old granddaughter. A man and three children approached. The man matched the description of the man seen earlier by Woman 1. Woman 2 was later almost certain that two of the children were Jane and Grant. She was positive that the third child was Arnna.

With the children trailing, the man asked the four on the bench if they had seen anyone interfering with his clothes; some money was missing. They told him that they hadn't seen anything and the man returned to the children. Woman 3 watched them and saw the man dressing the children. She thought this odd, especially when the man pulled up Jane's shorts over her swimming costume, as Jane seemed easily old enough to do this herself. At a press conference eight days later, Mrs Beaumont expressed surprise at the same thing. She thought it almost impossible that Jane, a shy child, would have let someone else dress her. However, according to the elderly couple, the children seemed very friendly with the man.

Having dressed the children, the man then picked up a pair of trousers and a towel. Woman 2 said that he walked away with the children and passed out of sight behind the Glenelg Hotel. Woman 3 said that he went to the Colley Reserve changing rooms. By this time it may have been 12:15pm.

These were the last corroborated sightings of the Beaumont children, and police now consider the children to have gone missing at about midday on 26 January 1966.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
The police report almost exactly describes Max McIntyre and what he was wearing when he left home that morning, and matches whom the witnesses on the beach saw frolicking with the children up until they returned from the bakery.

Many news papers and the identikit talked about a blonde haired man and seem to have got two different descriptions mixed up. One being the middle aged brown haired man in the police report and the other a younger blonde haired man that was reported in some news reports and by woman 3 and the Vietnam Vet, who says he saw the children leave the beach with the younger blonde haired man whom he identified as Tony Monro.

I'm not sure if the identikit reportedly drawn by someone when drunk and possibly the result of eye witnesses accounts of two different men can be relied on at all.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
My thoughts exactly
A Coroners Inquiry would have made it easier for eyewitnesses to have their statements recorded and tested in Court and many have experienced online abuse for years when their information could have helped. I use past tense because not only did Mrs Beaumont die last year without knowing what happened to her children so did David Smith, the "Vietnam Vet" who had supplied police with eye witness statements.

RIP David Smith
1583371374880.png

Here is some of his statement that appeared in the Adelaide Advertiser

In 2015 a man by the name of David Smith contacted police and gave a statement that he was at Glenelg Beach on 26 January 1966. He bought lunch at Wenzel’s bakery and then sat on a bench nearby with an elderly couple. Nearby was a young man wearing bathers with three children, two girls aged about 10 and 6 and a younger boy. David had a brief conversation with the man about National Service and then a discussion with the oldest girl who told him that the man had given them money to buy lunch from the bakery. The man and children then got into a car which David described as a sports styled car, new, shiny with a chrome luggage rack. The car then drove off towards Anzac Highway. David’s attention was drawn to the car because it was high end.

He did not come forward immediately because just after Australia Day he went to Puckapunyal for National Service. He didn’t have access to newspapers or radio so he didn’t know that children had gone missing. When he returned to South Australia years later, the media had confused the dates/days. For years, years later, the media assumed that 26 January 1966 was a public holiday and reported that the children disappeared from Colley Reserve during the Bay Sheffield. In fact, the 1966 Bay Sheffield was held on the public holiday on Friday 28 January.

A detailed description of the car including a distinctive colour that he remembered because he's worked in auto painting (blue/green?) was given and withheld by the Advertiser as they almost certainly knew who the owner was. David later identified Tony Monro as the young man from photos he was shown and the identity of the driver of car that came to pick them up is

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
My question to Andrew. How big was this club you mentioned? the "salvage and expedition club". do you remember the names of the members?
Also, do you remember Tonys home Address in 1966? general location, street or suburb?

I lived in a street over from jetty road. I often walked the streets and laneways. always trying to figure out, where they parked their car.
Also,was forever trying to figure out how they got away un-noticed.

My question to Andrew. How big was this club you mentioned? the "salvage and expedition club". do you remember the names of the members?
Also, do you remember Tonys home Address in 1966? general location, street or suburb?

I lived in a street over from jetty road. I often walked the streets and laneways. always trying to figure out, where they parked their car.
Also,was forever trying to figure out how they got away un-noticed.

I seem to recall an article that referenced a house in this area.

Glenelg_-_Google_Maps.jpg

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
The archived posts in this thread are a good source of information and have hundreds of articles in the bibliography (the numbers .

Description from "Official resume of the Beaumont Case, courtesy of the South Australia Police", is as follows: "Male, mid to late 30's, about 6' tall, thin to athletic build, with light brown short hair swept back and parted on the left side, clean-shaven, suntanned complexion, with a thin face. Australian accent. Wearing blue bathers with a single white stripe down the outside of each leg."

http://web.archive.org/web/20140227133320/http://www.beaumontchildren.com:80/beaumontAtTheBeach.html

At about 11am, a 74 year old woman (Woman 1) was sitting in front of the Holdfast Sailing Club building on a bench under some trees. Woman 1 saw the three Beaumont children playing under a sprinkler on the lawn of the Colley Reserve. A man wearing blue swimming trunks was lying face down on the grass. He seemed to be watching the children. About 15 minutes later she saw the man frolicking with the children, who were flicking him with their towels.

Between 11am and 11:15 a school friend of Jane's also saw the children. She did not speak with them.

At around 11:45am the Beaumont children entered the nearby Wenzel's cake shop (77) and purchased some pasties and a pie, using a £1 note. Mrs Beaumont was later adamant that she had given Jane only eight shillings and sixpence (78). The children were due to catch the noon bus home in about 15 minutes.

At about 12pm, another woman (Woman 2, who had earlier seen Woman 1), was sitting on a nearby bench. The bench was also occupied by an elderly couple (Woman 3 and her husband) and the elderly couple's 10 year old granddaughter. A man and three children approached. The man matched the description of the man seen earlier by Woman 1. Woman 2 was later almost certain that two of the children were Jane and Grant. She was positive that the third child was Arnna.

With the children trailing, the man asked the four on the bench if they had seen anyone interfering with his clothes; some money was missing. They told him that they hadn't seen anything and the man returned to the children. Woman 3 watched them and saw the man dressing the children. She thought this odd, especially when the man pulled up Jane's shorts over her swimming costume, as Jane seemed easily old enough to do this herself. At a press conference eight days later, Mrs Beaumont expressed surprise at the same thing. She thought it almost impossible that Jane, a shy child, would have let someone else dress her. However, according to the elderly couple, the children seemed very friendly with the man.

Having dressed the children, the man then picked up a pair of trousers and a towel. Woman 2 said that he walked away with the children and passed out of sight behind the Glenelg Hotel. Woman 3 said that he went to the Colley Reserve changing rooms. By this time it may have been 12:15pm.

These were the last corroborated sightings of the Beaumont children, and police now consider the children to have gone missing at about midday on 26 January 1966.
Can't help but notice no mention of anyone seeing the Vietnam veteran there, even though he claims to be a prominent player (wasn't observing from a hundred metres away, actually spoke with the man and kids at the scene of their disappearance, apparently). And that's the "Official resume of the Beaumont Case, courtesy of the South Australia Police".

Willow weeps

All Australian
Dec 21, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm just watching one of Andrew's videos and there's a reference to Max McIntyre stating that Anthony Munro brought the Beaumont children to his house in the boot of his car and that the claim appeared in the Advertiser, does anybody have a link or can they confirm they've seen it? Thanks.
I've seen it & read it. It's real, it exists but the man gets trolled everywhere he goes so I don't blame him for keeping trolls where they should stay. Far, far away from real victims of real claims. What I don't get is that nobody believes the man yet not long ago we didn't think a father would pimp out his own daughter on Craigslist or parents who would involve their own kids in swingers parties & get them having meth first . All three of those W.A. victims were 6 & under when it began

I've seen it & read it. It's real, it exists but the man gets trolled everywhere he goes so I don't blame him for keeping trolls where they should stay. Far, far away from real victims of real claims. What I don't get is that nobody believes the man yet not long ago we didn't think a father would pimp out his own daughter on Craigslist or parents who would involve their own kids in swingers parties & get them having meth first . All three of those W.A. victims were 6 & under when it began

Do you have a copy of it Willow? And who is this Liddly he's talking about?

Found it, former Adelaide businessman must be Munro. Sorry for the length in this even if I've cut it back a bit.

VIGILANTE paedophile hunters are tracking the movements of a former Adelaide businessman and convicted paedophile in South-East Asia in a bid to solve a child abduction case there.

He claims Mr X once confided in him that “I’ve done some very bad things”, before cashing in millions of dollars of business interests and fleeing the country.

His claims have been backed by Allan Maxwell McIntyre, a man once investigated over the Beaumont children’s disappearance.

Mr McIntyre, a former Telecom worker, naval sailor and union powerbroker says the “Mr X” perpetrator, a convicted paedophile, was involved in the abduction and likely had help.

He has detailed his claims in lengthy statements to South Australian police.

Police say they cannot comment on the identity of people investigated in regard to the Beaumont children case, but it is known the Mr X relocated to South-East Asia shortly after he was named in material investigated by the SA Major Crime unit.

That material was dismissed in 2007 and those who provided it have been advised by police that it is without basis. Now, Mr McIntyre – who was at the centre of the claims – , aged 85 and suffering deteriorating health, has implicated Mr X in the crime.

“He has (done it)…. deeply involved,’’ Mr McIntyre says.

“He is one of the most evil pieces of work that ever drew breath.’’

Mr McIntyre has supplied The Advertiser with copies of documents he has provided to police since they searched his Edwardstown home for clues in the Beaumont case.

Mr McIntyre, who was cleared of any involvement in the 49-year-old cold case in 2007, has exclusively revealed to The Advertiser that previously rejected claims made by his children about seeing the bodies of the Beaumont children at his Edwardstown home are, in part, true but that he was not involved in the crime.

“(Mr X) turned up with the three bodies in the back of the car,’’ Mr McIntyre said when asked if he believed the claims.

He said his children had claimed Mr X “arrived at my house on the 26th of January with the three children in the boot of my car”.

“(But) I didn’t even own the car and it never happened …. when I was there.

“I believe (Mr X) is up to his eyeballs in this.

“(Mr X) could be your ‘butcher’ because of his involvement with the Beaumonts,’’ Mr McIntyre said, referring to a term often used in relation to child abduction cases in Adelaide.

THE same associate claims Mr X confided in him that he had “done some very bad things” in the past.

The claims, initially made by Mr McIntyre’s daughter Ruth Collins in 2007 and supported by his son Andrew McIntyre, suggest there were up to 10 people at the scene who hold information about the abduction and death of the Beaumont children.

Police have previously investigated Mr McIntyre over the claims and found no evidence to act on.

They have searched the Edwardstown property that Mr McIntyre proudly says he built himself from scratch but was not living in with his children at the time of the Beaumont disappearance.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Found it, former Adelaide businessman must be Munro. Sorry for the length in this even if I've cut it back a bit.

VIGILANTE paedophile hunters are tracking the movements of a former Adelaide businessman and convicted paedophile in South-East Asia in a bid to solve a child abduction case there.

He claims Mr X once confided in him that “I’ve done some very bad things”, before cashing in millions of dollars of business interests and fleeing the country.

His claims have been backed by Allan Maxwell McIntyre, a man once investigated over the Beaumont children’s disappearance.
Who is the He in bold? It cant be Max McIntyre as he is named as ''backing'' the allegations.

Mr McIntyre, a former Telecom worker, naval sailor and union powerbroker says the “Mr X” perpetrator, a convicted paedophile, was involved in the abduction and likely had help.

He has detailed his claims in lengthy statements to South Australian police.

Police say they cannot comment on the identity of people investigated in regard to the Beaumont children case, but it is known the Mr X relocated to South-East Asia shortly after he was named in material investigated by the SA Major Crime unit.

That material was dismissed in 2007 and those who provided it have been advised by police that it is without basis
So the allegations have been dismissed ie The statement was not believed or could not be proved

Now, Mr McIntyre – who was at the centre of the claims – , aged 85 and suffering deteriorating health, has implicated Mr X in the crime.

“He has (done it)…. deeply involved,’’ Mr McIntyre says.

“He is one of the most evil pieces of work that ever drew breath.’’
So he is repeating the claims already dismissed by SAPOL?

Mr McIntyre has supplied The Advertiser with copies of documents he has provided to police since they searched his Edwardstown home for clues in the Beaumont case.
Again the already dismissed allegations

Mr McIntyre, who was cleared of any involvement in the 49-year-old cold case in 2007,
There you have it. Cleared by SAPOL

has exclusively revealed to The Advertiser that previously rejected claims made by his children about seeing the bodies of the Beaumont children at his Edwardstown home are, in part, true but that he was not involved in the crime.

“(Mr X) turned up with the three bodies in the back of the car,’’ Mr McIntyre said when asked if he believed the claims.

He said his children had claimed Mr X “arrived at my house on the 26th of January with the three children in the boot of my car”.
Not that Max was there, not that Max was involved but ''his children claimed'' Munro - oops Mr X - turned up and then toold Max- when did they tell him? On the day or 10-20 years later?

THE same associate claims Mr X confided in him that he had “done some very bad things” in the past.
What associate?

The claims, initially made by Mr McIntyre’s daughter Ruth Collins in 2007 and supported by his son Andrew McIntyre, suggest there were up to 10 people at the scene who hold information about the abduction and death of the Beaumont children.
Joints getting crowded

Police have previously investigated Mr McIntyre over the claims and found no evidence to act on.
If you havent noticed it said CLEARED

Back