Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Remove this Banner Ad

Deni

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have always believed that the "pound note" evidence has been the biggest hinderance to solving/progressing this case. For goodness sakes, this is just one statement from ONE PERSON in an incredibly busy bakery where hundreds of adults and children were served every day in holiday season! Just look at all the kerfuffle and speculation this has caused for 50 years. I don't believe the pound note stuff ever happened.
Why has there been so much credibility given to just one 'witness' and why has this been allowed to remain an undisputed 'fact' and the basis of investigations for so long?
I have said this over and over again. I lived across the road from Wenzels at that time, I was only 6 though, but my brothers were older and they told me that the bakery was packed all day, well from the times we were home, we were at the beach and Colley reserve that day too, my oldest brother was home a lot of the day with his mates though, he was 16 and remembers the day and the aftermath well..
But yes, the chances of the children being noticed in the shop with a pound note were very slim indeed.
The beach was packed, I do remember that kind of, you couldn't swing your towel around without hitting some person you didn't know. And I really doubt that Colley Reserve had their sprinklers on that day, my brothers told me there were hundreds of picnicing families there, a sprinkler going would have taken up space for a family, so no, I don't believe they were seen playing with some blonde man either. As for the pound note, i'm not sure about that either, David Smith was alleged to have said Jane told him the man gave them money, I call BS, in MY opinion, David was groomed on what to say.
On the petition, and ivé gone over that with a fine toothed comb, a guy posted that he had seen 3 children in a certain car, I can't remember what it was now, i'd have to look it up again. As soon as that post was put up the petition maker and Beaumont Facebook admin quickly asked him to send her a message on FB, just after that, within weeks, David Smith appeared, i'm probably picking at straws here but it's mighty coincidental..

Deni

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
not sure if this has been posted before. but it has a photo of the police report card
saying they left their home 8.45am, also has a photo of where they were last seen.
Whoever the journo was on that piece should have been hauled over the coals...
They write, and I quote:

"At 10am, the children left their home travelling by bus to the Glenelg beach."

Whereas right underneath that sentence is the police report card saying the children left home at 8.40am.

How can they get that so wrong, just that fact could put some people off thinking, for example, "no, I couldn't have seen them at 9.30am, they didn't leave home until 10am"
Ridiculous mistake!!

Deni

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Further on David Smiths account, he said he left for Puckapunyal days after the 26th, you can't tell me he didn't pick up a newspaper the next day, it was on the front page on the 27th, and i'm guessing everyday for a week or more, plus people would have been talking about it all over town.
What did he do, lock himself in his room reading nothing and seeing no-one until it was time for him to leave.
Another reason I call BS on his statement!!

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Whoever the journo was on that piece should have been hauled over the coals...
They write, and I quote:

"At 10am, the children left their home travelling by bus to the Glenelg beach."

Whereas right underneath that sentence is the police report card saying the children left home at 8.40am.

How can they get that so wrong, just that fact could put some people off thinking, for example, "no, I couldn't have seen them at 9.30am, they didn't leave home until 10am"
Ridiculous mistake!!
Went to the beach alot as a teenager, glenelg, somerton and brighton beaches. On a hot day, families normaly go early morning or late afternoon.
The beach used to clear out a bit at midday untill about 3pm. Unless they were parked on the beach with decent shade. Like the old green and white awnings.
I cant seen them leaving at 10am, thats a bit late. One thing I noticed, the beach was a magnet for pervs. There were always some old dudes hanging around the toilet blocks. The 80s was fun time to grow up, but you still had to be careful.

Deni

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Went to the beach alot as a teenager, glenelg, somerton and brighton beaches. On a hot day, families normaly go early morning or late afternoon.
The beach used to clear out a bit at midday untill about 3pm. Unless they were parked on the beach with decent shade. Like the old green and white awnings.
I cant seen them leaving at 10am, thats a bit late. One thing I noticed, the beach was a magnet for pervs. There were always some old dudes hanging around the toilet blocks. The 80s was fun time to grow up, but you still had to be careful.
When I lived there in 66' until 70', I was always at the beach in the holidays, my brother fished off the jetty all night so i'd go and visit him in the early morning hours, 6am when it was light then..
Then I would trot down to the beach near the left hand side of the jetty and play in the shallow water. Now I think about it, I was lucky some pervert didn't come along as I was alone..I would spend an hour down there, go back to my brother on the jetty and we would walk home together..

Tues

Team Captain
Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Further on David Smiths account, he said he left for Puckapunyal days after the 26th, you can't tell me he didn't pick up a newspaper the next day, it was on the front page on the 27th, and i'm guessing everyday for a week or more, plus people would have been talking about it all over town.
What did he do, lock himself in his room reading nothing and seeing no-one until it was time for him to leave.
Another reason I call BS on his statement!!
According to Bogroll Smith spoke to the eldest girl.......several witnesses claim to have seen the kids talk to a man...that makes Smith a suspect.

Deni

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
According to Bogroll Smith spoke to the eldest girl.......several witnesses claim to have seen the kids talk to a man...that makes Smith a suspect.
Strange but I never thought of it that way :oops:

Strange but I never thought of it that way :oops:

It was the suggestion that Smith should have been a POI/suspect given he didn't say he was there and spoke to Jane for ages, that caused all the trouble in here. Even if it does make a lot of sense.

If he was there, surely someone else saw him speaking to the kids and the cops want to know who he was?

Deni

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
If he was there, surely someone else saw him speaking to the kids and the cops want to know who he was?
We'll never know now that he is gone sadly, unless someone comes forward with the information that they did see him talking to Jane, which is a long shot at best..

We'll never know now that he is gone sadly, unless someone comes forward with the information that they did see him talking to Jane, which is a long shot at best..

The only man we know of that was seen talking to Jane is the main suspect. And something about them seen walking off with a younger man who is also suspect. Was it Smith?

A response for trolling Crime Stoppers on the Beaumont's page and subsequently banned. Like they're the only people with something to say and will push their way on to exploit any platform with a complete disregard for the rules and how the behaviour might negatively impact the space.

crimestoppers1.jpg

crimestoppers2.jpg

crimestoppers3.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deni

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
A response for trolling Crime Stoppers on the Beaumont's page and subsequently banned. Like they're the only people with something to say and will push their way on to exploit any platform with a complete disregard for the rules and how the behaviour might negatively impact the space.
Sorry, but I laughed LOL

Tues

Team Captain
Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
tues, it seems you are on here to argue for the views of mullins and co, which is kind of ok, i guess, as for me i am CERTAIN phipps did not take the children, despite two digs at castalloy, as per directions from mullins' alleged witnesses who dug a hole for phipps around the time, it has yielded nothing, to say the actual burial site could be elsewhere, either at castalloy or somewhere else, seems to me to be just mullins in deluded denial, i ask again - if phipps took the beaumont children can you please also explain how he took the adelaide oval girls 7 years later ...
I'm just making a point that there were far more logical suspects than the McIntyre fable, which is why the property of Harts at Yatina needs to be searched - the RIGHT property.

Dec 5, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
A school friend of Jane’s saw the three children at Glenelg Beach
shortly after 11.00am. They were swimming in the shallows near
the Glenelg jetty, then running up to Colley Reserve, directly
behind the Holdfast Bay Sailing Club on Moseley Square. Colley
Reserve was a quiet corner of the foreshore, between the sailing
club and the row of sideshows, to the northeast of the beach.
The children laid out their towels near two large trees and were
running in and out of the sprinklers.
A 74-year-old Glenelg woman saw the children ‘frolicking’
with a tall, thin man at Colley Reserve. The elderly woman saw
the man talk to the children and very soon they were playing
with him. Arnna and Grant were jumping over him as he lay on
the grass, while Jane was flicking him with her towel. They were
still laughing and playing together when the woman left the area,
shortly before noon.
The man was originally described as a ‘sun-tanned surfie’ or
‘beachcomber’, about 6 feet 1 in in height, and 30 to 40 years old,
with ‘blond’ hair that was ‘in need of cutting’. This description
was later corrected by other witnesses. In a time when 25 percent
of the population of Adelaide was composed of immigrants, it
was noted that the man spoke with an Australian accent. The man
had been lying face down on his towel on the grass area, watching
the children as they washed the sand off under the sprinklers. He
was wearing sky-blue bathers with a white stripe down each side
and had placed his clothes on a white seat near the sailing club.
Around midday, an elderly couple, sitting nearby with their
teenage granddaughter, had a conversation with the man. The
man was with the three children, on the grassy area behind them,
when he approached and asked, ‘Did any of you people see anyone
with our clothes? We’ve had some money taken ...’ The elderly
couple were able to describe the children’s clothing, including
the shoulder bag Jane had been carrying, also confirmed by a
middle-aged woman sitting nearby, who thought the man said,
‘Have you seen anyone messing with our clothes? Our money
has been pinched.’ Later there was cause to wonder: Did someone
really take their money, or did the man take Jane’s purse so that he
had a reason to offer them some money and a lift home?
The middle-aged woman watched the man as he helped the
children put their shorts on over their bathers. She thought it was
especially strange that he did this for the eldest girl, who appeared
old enough to dress herself.
They had already missed the midday bus and now, according to
the man seen with them, had no money to buy their lunches or
get home. Having apparently won the confidence of the children,
the man left them for a while and went to the changing sheds to
get dressed. The children crossed the path that cut through Colley
Reserve and stood near a seat, waiting for the man to return. They
were still standing there when the elderly couple left the beach
with their granddaughter at 12.15pm.
The last sighting of the three children was in Wenzel’s Cakes
on Moseley Street, where they were due to catch the bus home. A
shop assistant later said the three children came in around midday
and bought their lunches – pies and pasties, but also another
lunch in a separate bag – with a £1 note. This information was
not circulated in the press at the time and not officially confirmed
by the police for another 12 months. The children had left home
with only eight shillings and sixpence, so it appeared someone
most likely the man they were seen playing with, had given them
a considerable amount of money to buy their lunch.
Although it was later erroneously reported that the children
were last seen in the company of the man at about 1.45pm, the
shop assistant in Wenzel’s Cakes who served the children did not
corroborate this account, as she did not see a man with them.
After the children left the shop, no one saw them get into a car
or walk home to Somerton Park, and the bus driver did not see
them on his bus that afternoon. As the police later observed, it
was as if they’d ‘disappeared into thin air’.
Extract from 'The Satin Man'.
Were this all come feom? Is this you or stuff in the paper? Much wrong here

Dec 5, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
But how reliable is the recognition factor? The reason why I question this is because of the vast amount of wrongful convictions in Australia which were based on incorrect witness descriptions. In this case how reliable were witness accounts- how many kids similar in appearance were at the beach with their father that day for example, just guessing I would assume there were kids running rampant that day. Then there is the 'alleged' witness account made by Smith whose recollected seems to have been altered to be more defined in accusing the Tony Munro/Max McIntyre saga for example the first account claimed the kids were with 3 men but later that statement morphed into a description indicating a young Munro right down to wearing 'European style designer swimmers' :rolleyes: I've got no idea on this Mullins person apart from the Satin man and because I still think it was someone who lived nearby and who befriended those kids, groomed them daily (they went to the beach almost every day apparently during those school holidays) Phipps OR a associate was that prick who gained the kids trust completely and lured them to a nearby house. Someone local who didn't have to work during those holidays which also could point to he being a school teacher hence Jane taking her book 'Little Women' to impress, who either lived very close by or had access to a house close by.
So you no little women book but you can’t place a write time they left? Extrodinarey.

Dec 5, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
When I lived there in 66' until 70', I was always at the beach in the holidays, my brother fished off the jetty all night so i'd go and visit him in the early morning hours, 6am when it was light then..
Then I would trot down to the beach near the left hand side of the jetty and play in the shallow water. Now I think about it, I was lucky some pervert didn't come along as I was alone..I would spend an hour down there, go back to my brother on the jetty and we would walk home together..
How old was you? Where you live? I just been threw all these pages here and you said befoe you did nt live here but stayed at
Holidays

Dec 5, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
If the hard investigative work has been done, I have no issue with books. The market, which is still there will rank them and royalties paid accordingly.

Given rewards of up to $1m are on offer for information that goes towards a conviction in many cold case crimes now, the books are small fry.
I luagh cause my mate who does this work has first hand statements to say cops have no reward miney at all

Deni

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
What sort of people troll Crime Stoppers? And then make a public announcement to call on others essentially to harass them after they were banned.

I can't even get my head around that kind of entitlement.
Weird I know but if you 'knew' them like Tues and I do then it might make sense..
Ivé lost count of the amount of times ivé been called a troll and the abuse Tues cops, well i'm just glad she's made of tough stuff...
Rachel is even worse now she's deeply entrenched into the Qanon world!

Deni

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
So here's another apparent time.
I go by that time Kurve, it's the official police document.
But so many people are saying 10am, now imagine if you swore you saw the children at Glenelg at say 9.30am that day, then you read that they didn't leave home until 10am, they could have lost some good witness' because of that mix up..

Deni

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hi Charlie, I can't find your post that Tues just quoted but in my mind I don't think Phipps had anything to do with the oval girls, I put them at Yatina more than the Beaumont children. I think they were two separate crimes, IMO!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back