Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Remove this Banner Ad

How old was you? Where you live? I just been threw all these pages here and you said befoe you did nt live here but stayed at
Holidays
So you're back to nit pick....
Well I was 6, my older brothers were 10, 13, and 16, they remember a lot more than me.
But yes, one of my brothers and I did live with our father at that time in Elizabeth, but we spent every school holiday with our mother and step father, and guess what January 26th 1966 was, it was part of the school holidays. From December until the beginning of Febuary is memory serves...
We lived in the Terrace houses directly across the road from Wenzels, I could walk out of our door, in a straight line across the road and be at the bus stop and bakery!!
Anything else ivé written that you want to pick apart?

I go by that time Kurve, it's the official police document.
But so many people are saying 10am, now imagine if you swore you saw the children at Glenelg at say 9.30am that day, then you read that they didn't leave home until 10am, they could have lost some good witness' because of that mix up..

So that was the time the police fixed in? I haven't done the hard work in examining all the docs on this case yet, I'll be happy to settle on it with those who have.

(I'll be catching up though.)

I go by that time Kurve, it's the official police document.
But so many people are saying 10am, now imagine if you swore you saw the children at Glenelg at say 9.30am that day, then you read that they didn't leave home until 10am, they could have lost some good witness' because of that mix up..

I'm not sure when or how the 10am theory began. I've followed the case ever since it happened and the assertion for at least the first 30 years was always 8.45 am. It was repeated in the press and by the police numerous times.
An apparently very reliable witness caught the same bus. She was able to describe all the children accurately and was the first and only witness to assert Jane was carrying a book called 'Little Women'. No-one except Jane's parents knew this. This witness was absolutely certain of the time. It was her first day at a new job and she needed to be at Glenelg by 9am.

I'm not sure when or how the 10am theory began. I've followed the case ever since it happened and the assertion for at least the first 30 years was always 8.45 am. It was repeated in the press and by the police numerous times.
An apparently very reliable witness caught the same bus. She was able to describe all the children accurately and was the first and only witness to assert Jane was carrying a book called 'Little Women'. No-one except Jane's parents knew this. This witness was absolutely certain of the time. It was her first day at a new job and she needed to be at Glenelg by 9am.
I don't know where the 10am start came from either, 8.40 makes more sense than 10am, and now you've mentioned that girl starting her new job, most people start at that time of day.

It might have started off the police running sheet that showed 10.00am, it was posted back a couple of few pages.

So that was the time the police fixed in? I haven't done the hard work in examining all the docs on this case yet, I'll be happy to settle on it with those who have.
It's the only time I have gone by for years, simply because it's on the police report..

If Nancy was expecting them home around 12, then it makes more sense that they would have left earlier than 10am. That doesn't give them much time to play etc...

I just read this bit:
"They caught the bus at 8:45 am and were expected to return home on the 12:00 noon bus. Nancy Beaumont became worried, however, when the children did not return on either the 12:00 or 2:00 pm buses, and when Jim Beaumont returned home early from his trip around 3:00 pm, he immediately drove to the crowded beach."

If Nancy was expecting them home around 12, then it makes more sense that they would have left earlier than 10am. That doesn't give them much time to play etc...

I just read this bit:
"They caught the bus at 8:45 am and were expected to return home on the 12:00 noon bus. Nancy Beaumont became worried, however, when the children did not return on either the 12:00 or 2:00 pm buses, and when Jim Beaumont returned home early from his trip around 3:00 pm, he immediately drove to the crowded beach."

I just read the police report a couple of pages back and it states 8.45 bus.

Enter the peddo hunter:

Siem Reap attracts tourists and talent, but it also attracts dark-side denizens – internationally wanted desperadoes, villains, perverts and weirdoes.
In early 2014, two compelling mysteries surfaced in town which attracted more oddballs: shady private investigators and conspiracy theory nutters. One month after the story about Munro first broke in Siem Reap, another mystery emerged when Dave Walker, a well-known Canadian expat went missing from his Siem Reap lodgings on February 14, 2014, and was found dead near the Gates of Death at Angkor Thom on May 1, 2014.
Walker himself was somewhat of a mysterious character. He had been a Toronto police constable, and had joined the British Army serving in Northern Ireland in combat against the IRA. He returned to Canada, worked as a private eye, and in the late 1980s was said to have ‘famously located’ a missing Cambodian refugee girl and reunited her with her family in Canada.
He worked with a the Canadian Intelligence Service identifying Khmer Rouge identities who’d entered Canada as refugees, and he trained Myanmar insurgents on the Thai border. From the 2000 onwards, he worked as a fixer for documentary makers and movies such The Beach. He also worked on his own film and documentaries and occasionally worked as a journalist.
With mysteries abounding, enter into the fray a seemingly amiable Australian oddball, James An, aka Su Jia, who, in publicity surrounding the launch of an exhibition of his paintings in Siem Reap’s Sokha Hotel in November 2013, described himself as a dedicated pedophile hunter.
He also claimed to be a Vietnam vet who had served a 16-year stint in the military, to have had worked for 22 years for an American intelligence service and had been jailed in China.
He threw himself into investigating both the Beaumont mystery – which had a A$1 million reward attached to it – and terrifying some locals who he interrogated. He also threw himself into Dave Walker’s case where some of those interviewed by him accused him of stand-over tactics.But it wasn’t long before the investigator became the investigated, and James An was exposed as Guido Eglitis, who came complete with an alleged 30-year history of crime.
He had been featured in a 1998 Australian book titled ‘Scams and Swindlers’, he’d been sentenced to four years’ jail in the US on fraud charges in 1988, and he had fled Australia in 2007 while on bail on charges of kidnapping a Brisbane business man, deprivation of liberty, robbery, impersonating an officer and possessing restricted items.
Back in Siem Reap, on October 2015, Eglitis, posing as an Interpol agent, together with an accomplice, “interrogated” a suspected pedophile and this led to their arrest by Cambodian police who charged Eglitis and his mate with theft under aggravated circumstances from David Scotcher, 66, the British director of Cambodia-based education company Learn4Life, who said the duo took his passport and camera.
It transpired that Eglitis had mistakenly been convinced that Scotcher was in fact David Shom, a suspected Australian pedophile who’d been on the run for almost 20 years.
In yet another bizarre twist, it was also confirmed that Eglitis was working in concert with a Western Australian Police Child Abuse Squad detective, with the detective advising Eglitis how to obtain fingerprints.
That incident earned Eglitis almost a year in prison in Cambodia and on October 29, 2016, he was released and deported to Bangkok where he was spotted in the nightclub district by journalists. In mid-November 2016 he was detained by Thai police and deported to Australia where he was arrested on arrival, and in October 2017, he was jailed for three years and three months.https://www.khmertimeskh.com/539603/villains-and-mysteries/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I

I just read that. How weird. All the departure and expected arrival times, including the amendments, don't match at all with Mrs. Beaumont's statement. Why would their dad embark on a frantic search at 3.30 then?

Running sheets are notes on the go at the time (faik), in the panic of the first twenty four hours or so times might have been misunderstood or misheard and simply got all messed up.

Further on the DNA side of things, would it not be necessary to exhume the parents? Perhaps SAPOL has their DNA on file but it’s possible they don’t, since DNA only got going in the 90’s, long after the events in question. Maybe that’s another reason DNA profiling might not happen: exhuming people because of a few posts on BigFooty 😂

I can’t remember if any other relatives are still alive.

Further on the DNA side of things, would it not be necessary to exhume the parents? Perhaps SAPOL has their DNA on file but it’s possible they don’t, since DNA only got going in the 90’s, long after the events in question. Maybe that’s another reason DNA profiling might not happen: exhuming people because of a few posts on BigFooty 😂

I think they'd need to exhume at least one of the parents, probably both. Before they do that they could compare their DNA with their sibling for whom there's a birth record.

BTW I didn't know any of this so thanks for putting it up for discussion.

I think they'd need to exhume at least one of the parents, probably both. Before they do that they could compare their DNA with their sibling for whom there's a birth record.

BTW I didn't know any of this so thanks for putting it up for discussion.

You’re welcome! It could be a load of bull crap, and if it is I apologise.

One point: the sibling you refer to would not share their DNA, if indeed the three younger children were “adopted”, shall we say.

You’re welcome! It could be a load of bull crap, and if it is I apologise.

One point: the sibling you refer to would not share their DNA, if indeed the three younger children were “adopted”, shall we say.
Exactly my point. If they shared DNA there's no need to exhume anyone.

Jim Beaumont is still alive and Nancy only died in 2019, hopefully with all this focus on DNA matching the police have taken theirs.

I suspect they might have, there's a massive drive on atm with DNA collection booths popping up all over northern NSW where the police hope to get a match with the 300 odd sets of unidentified human remains they're holding. That's 300 just in that region, across Australia there's about 800 sets.

Ok that’s a rubbish theory . Don’t you think they would have come forward by now?
You’re probably right.

As I posted earlier though, they would all be over 50 years old, with lives, families, careers, and might not want to come forward. Imagine the media.

Maybe they don’t know? If you had wanted to ring-fence three young children from the outside world, a remote farm near Ngarkat in the 60s-70s would have been ideal. It would be harder to make outside contact than not to, I reckon. Nearest neighbour miles away, no radio, scratchy radio reception even if there was a radio, no tv, no newspaper, no trips into town. Time goes by, memorise fade, stories implanted are believed, and so on.

Last edited:
Probably bullshit why would they do it? Something would have come out by now. Couldn’t keep something like that hidden for 50 odd years.
Yeah fair point, Jane was easily old enough to remember her family name, Grant not so much I suppose, but yeah, hard not to think “Hmm, I’m sure I used to be “Jane Beaumont” and there’s this famous mystery...”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back