Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Could a 17yo on his summer holidays pull this off on his own though?

Entice the children, do the deed, dispose of the bodies, no witnesses, no remains, nothing.
It just seems so improbable.

Entice the children, do the deed, dispose of the bodies, no witnesses, no remains, nothing.

If Percy was responsible for the Wanda Beach murders, he almost completely buried two adult size females in the dunes. They had very similar injuries toi Yvonne Tuohy, as did Simon Brook.

Here's the Linda Stillwell Coroner's Findings where it's concluded that Percy was responsible for her murder, she's never been found.

These findings list the murders Percy is connected to and includes the Beaumont children. Noted that the Coroner formally records the kids as being seen for the last time with a one pound note at Wenzels. I'm still iffy about that but I'm not going to argue with the Coroner.

DropBearess

Premium Platinum
Apr 3, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide

It does indeed sound improbable, but Percy was way beyond the realms of possibilities or probabilities. He was a one-off. He was never diagnosed with any mental illnesses. Many eminent psychologists studied him and were unable to pigeon-hole his behaviours. I've researched Percy quite a bit over the years and have been fascinated and repulsed at the same time.

I think he could've easily dealt with the BC on his own. After hunting down and killing two strong young women, the children would have been easy. In both crimes, one victim(s) would probably try to help the other(s), thus their vulnerability.

Linda Stillwell was never found. Perhaps Yvonne Touhy wouldn't have been either, had Percy not been caught. Sand is fairly easy to move by a determined person. Sniffer dogs and cadaver dogs weren't used afaik. If the BC Case happened today, l reckon Percy would have been nailed and their bodies found within days.

Many of Percy's writings described abducting more than one child and forcing the other(s) to watch him torture them. As pointed out, his IQ was 122. I think he was capable of anything.

newbie11

Senior List
Oct 24, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Did people normally get their license when they were 16 or 18 back in those days?
I’ve read a few stories from different people who grew up in the same time and they talk about being 16 and driving around with their friends..

Percy was certainly capable of potentially carrying out a crime such as the BC disappearance, there’s no doubt about it. It takes a very a rare, rare type of person who’s mind is even going to consider single- handedly attempting such a thing.. 3 is very different from 2.. but I do feel like the dynamics of the siblings relationship may have also played a part in this as-well; in theory, the offender may have only really needed to be in control of Jane, Jane was in control of the other 2..

If it was Percy, and if he didn’t have a car, what would of been the other forms of transportation available?
Were trams a thing in Glenelg during this time?
Could probably safely cross out Taxi’s from the list..
Bus , possible but in my opinion probably less likely because there being bus driver

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Percy was 17.4 when the BC disappeared and had left school. He was 16.4 at the time of the Wanda Beach murders. One little known fact is that when he snow-dropped, he cut the crotch out of women's knickers in a certain way. One of the WB victims had their underwear/bathers cut in exactly the same way.
Im confused now, the wiki page states he was still in year 11 and attempted Year 12 twice

Did people normally get their license when they were 16 or 18 back in those days?
I’ve read a few stories from different people who grew up in the same time and they talk about being 16 and driving around with their friends

In NSW anybody can get their Provisional License (Ps) at 17yo conditional on having held their Learners License for at least 12 months. Far as I know, it's always been that way. Not sure about the other states.

newbie11

Senior List
Oct 24, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
In NSW anybody can get their Provisional License (Ps) at 17yo conditional on having held their Learners License for at least 12 months. Far as I know, it's always been that way. Not sure about the other states.
16 in Victoria, must be 18 to get P’s ..only need to have L’s for 6months, 3 months if your over 25?I think. Must have 120 hours under your belt to transition irregardless

16 in Victoria, must be 18 to get P’s ..only need to have L’s for 6months, 3 months if your over 25?I think. Must have 120 hours under your belt to transition irregardless

While Percy and his family didn't move to NSW until either just before or just after his 17th birthday, his grandmother who he and his family regularly visited, lived in Ryde NSW. Only 2.2kms from where the Wanda Beach victims lived.

It used to be quite common that if you were from Victoria for example and had a relative in NSW, you could use their address to get your license early and drive on a NSW license. If we were wondering if he was too young to legally drive when the Beaumont children vanished, he had a way around it.

DropBearess

Premium Platinum
Apr 3, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
It would be interesting to see if the Glenelg and Henley Sailing Clubs still have records/history from 1966. I wonder if they still have old visitors books? I know for certain that Henley required sign-ins for non-members in 1966, and addresses too if you wanted a drink. You had to be recommended by a full member either way.

But l guess the police have thought of that lead long ago, or maybe not? No-one was looking for it at the time. If the name Percy is in any of those books in that time frame, we have our man and the case should be closed.

Newbie 11, l put some transport theories in post #4455 but l didn't think of trams.

Inspector Gadget

Debutant
Jul 21, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hi fellow sleuths! Longtime watcher, first time poster!

I've found the forum interesting, with a lot of different theories and possible POI's. In the end we are all guessing aren't we.

For people looking towards Percy, I do not believe Percy is the POI. I believe police had backtracked through his movements thoroughly and have clearly stated that he is not a POI in the BC case. I have been told the reason that is, is because they backtracked thoroughly. His height, description doesn't match to what has been described in the BC case. 5'10 surfie looking man, most certainly does not describe Percy.

Percy was about opportunity. The BC case was pre-meditated. It's too organised, for Percy. We have descriptions from witnesses that suggests prior contact with the POI. They were comfortable around this person/s. Percy, without a doubt looked like a psychopath from very early on. I do not believe that the children would have felt 'safe' with him and would not have left with him.

If they did leave with Percy - we would have many more sightings from witnesses - such as 'I was on the tram with these children, I saw them on a bus...' we have no confirmed sightings from witnesses other than what happened at the beach/bakery etc'.

Percy, held trophies. His writings were a mix between fantasy and truth. He was extremely intelligent held in high regard as a good student 'who achieved good results with very little effort' and also finished top of his classes in the Navy training (Feb 1968). Very intelligent.

Percy played his cards perfectly, declared 'Insane" and un-fit to stand to be prosecuted. Sometimes I wonder if Percy actually got himself locked-up because it was the only way he could stop, he couldn't control is urges.

Percy also had an interest in Coprophilia, Urolagnia (Urophilia) & Cannibalism. Obviously, we do not know if any victims were subjected to this vile treatment by him. The term "I don't remember" seemed to work for Percy. The police let him get away with that excuse for too long and ultimately the families were, once again, were left with no answers. These were Percy's memories that only he would know. He has the power, once again.

The only common denominator in this case and others - is the beach. That is it.

If Percy is responsible, where in an unfamiliar town to him would he take them? Back to his hotel? No-one saw children enter with him? No screaming or crying was heard by anyone? He had no friends, did he befriend someone else and then use their place? You have to think about the logistics of a POI in unfamiliar surroundings, packed full of people on holidays and on the beach due to the searing heat. Where/when/how and what becomes extremely difficult to piece together and is against the evidence as we know it.

In my opinion Percy had no involvement is this case.

To get this case active (like really trying to get answers) would be for SAPol to open their books and refer it to the Coroner for an inquest, which they refuse to do or drop the order on The Mulligan Inquiry. Both of these avenues hold the truth.

Inspector Gadget

Debutant
Jul 21, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide

I agree. Especially in an unfamiliar town. Where do you take them? Where do you get all your equipment to dispose of them? He has no resources here in SA.

Jan 21, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
East Perth
Hi fellow sleuths! Longtime watcher, first time poster!

I've found the forum interesting, with a lot of different theories and possible POI's. In the end we are all guessing aren't we.

For people looking towards Percy, I do not believe Percy is the POI. I believe police had backtracked through his movements thoroughly and have clearly stated that he is not a POI in the BC case. I have been told the reason that is, is because they backtracked thoroughly. His height, description doesn't match to what has been described in the BC case. 5'10 surfie looking man, most certainly does not describe Percy.

Percy was about opportunity. The BC case was pre-meditated. It's too organised, for Percy. We have descriptions from witnesses that suggests prior contact with the POI. They were comfortable around this person/s. Percy, without a doubt looked like a psychopath from very early on. I do not believe that the children would have felt 'safe' with him and would not have left with him.

If they did leave with Percy - we would have many more sightings from witnesses - such as 'I was on the tram with these children, I saw them on a bus...' we have no confirmed sightings from witnesses other than what happened at the beach/bakery etc'.

Percy, held trophies. His writings were a mix between fantasy and truth. He was extremely intelligent held in high regard as a good student 'who achieved good results with very little effort' and also finished top of his classes in the Navy training (Feb 1968). Very intelligent.

Percy played his cards perfectly, declared 'Insane" and un-fit to stand to be prosecuted. Sometimes I wonder if Percy actually got himself locked-up because it was the only way he could stop, he couldn't control is urges.

Percy also had an interest in Coprophilia, Urolagnia (Urophilia) & Cannibalism. Obviously, we do not know if any victims were subjected to this vile treatment by him. The term "I don't remember" seemed to work for Percy. The police let him get away with that excuse for too long and ultimately the families were, once again, were left with no answers. These were Percy's memories that only he would know. He has the power, once again.

If Percy is responsible, where in an unfamiliar town to him would he take them? Back to his hotel? No-one saw children enter with him? No screaming or crying was heard by anyone? He had no friends, did he befriend someone else and then use their place? You have to think about the logistics of a POI in unfamiliar surroundings, packed full of people on holidays and on the beach due to the searing heat. Where/when/how and what becomes extremely difficult to piece together and is against the evidence as we know it.

In my opinion Percy had no involvement is this case.

To get this case active (like really trying to get answers) would be for SAPol to open their books and refer it to the Coroner for an inquest, which they refuse to do or drop the order on The Mulligan Inquiry. Both of these avenues hold the truth.
His height, description doesn't match to what has been described in the BC case. 5'10 surfie looking man, most certainly does not describe Percy.

Height does match 5'10 to 6 ft and the photo below is a mugshot of him in 1969. Does he look his age, being 20 at the time? Police sketch of BC suspect for comparison.

"The suspect was described as in his 30s with light brown, short swept-back hair parted on the left side, a thin face and clean-shaven. He was suntanned and wearing blue bathers with a white stripe down the side.

Could it have been Percy? He was only 17 at the time but was sometimes mistaken for being older. His writings showed he planned to give food to the children he would kidnap before killing them. The Beaumonts were in the age group Percy fantasised about and they went missing from the beach, as did Yvonne Tuohy, Marianne Schmidt, Mary Sharrock, and Linda Stilwell."

They were comfortable around this person/s. Percy, without a doubt looked like a psychopath from very early on.

You mean like Ted Bundy, Edmund Kemper, ? What exactly does a psychopath look like?

Percy was about opportunity. The BC case was pre-meditated. It's too organised, for Percy. We have descriptions from witnesses that suggests prior contact with the POI.

We have people saying they didn't look distressed, is there a reason they should be at that point? The suggestion is nothing more than an assumption.

I do not believe that the children would have felt 'safe' with him and would not have left with him.

Except they weren't just with him, there were people everywhere at the beach.
Not to mention Jane's new boyfriend...

We do and they didn't have to leave with him, just meet up somewhere else, to give him his meat pie perhaps?

"The police also talked to a local bakery employee familiar with the children as they had visited the shop many times before. She said that on the day of the disappearance, the trio came to the shop and bought a meat pie and some other pastries. The first peculiar detail was that they had never purchased a meat pie before, and when she asked them about it, they replied that it’s “a pie for the man.” The second anomaly was that they paid with a £1 note. However, their mother had only given them a few coins. This transaction led investigators to believe the children obtained the money from the man allegedly with them.

"The last confirmed sighting of Beaumont children was around 3 pm. They were seen walking alone, away from the beach, to their home. A postman, who knew the children well, told the they were happy and had stopped by to say hello. While police believed the postman’s claim, the authorities theorized the encounter happened before the noon, not 3 pm." (The postman also said it may have been mid morning)
There are other possible unconfirmed sightings also.

Percy also had an interest in Coprophilia, Urolagnia (Urophilia) & Cannibalism. Obviously, we do not know if any victims were subjected to this vile treatment by him.
You forgot to mention cross dressing and the Yvonne Tuohy Murder, I am not going to post the crime scene description here because it is disgustingly shocking (Coprophilia) but you can read about it here in the excerpts from the book.

No, the description matches, he has been placed in Adelaide by his brother, a family friend and himself. The ages of the children match his preferences also.

If Percy is responsible, where in an unfamiliar town to him would he take them?

Unfamiliar?, the family went to sailing regatas all over the country, are you assuming he had not been to Adelaide before, specifically the Glenelg area?
An abandoned house perhaps?

"Around nine months after the mysterious disappearance, a woman told the police that on the same night as the tragic event, she saw two girls and one boy accompanied by a man entering an abandoned house in the neighborhood. She added that later she saw the boy walking by himself. However, the man caught up with him and took him back. They had left by the next morning, and she had not seen them again. It is unclear why she waited such a significant amount of time before mentioning the incident. Due to her delay in reporting, the police never attempted to search the house."

Reading this will give insight into how children walk away with unknown strangers, and other aspects of Derek Percy.

For people looking towards Percy, I do not believe Percy is the POI. I believe police had backtracked through his movements thoroughly and have clearly stated that he is not a POI in the BC case. I have been told the reason that is, is because they backtracked thoroughly.

Have you got a link to this information?

Attachments

• mugshot 1969.jpg
    mugshot 1969.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 80
  • BC Suspect ID.jpg
    BC Suspect ID.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 56

newbie11

Senior List
Oct 24, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Transcription Sen. M Roberts. 28 names list.

G’day, I’m Senator Malcolm Roberts. I want to talk now about a very serious issue that concerns all of us in our community. This issue offends every normal thinking person and it disgusts us all. I am talking about paedophilia, the sexual abuse of children by deviant adults for their own sexual gratification. There are a lot of stories circulating about this issue and I want to set the record straight. One such story relates to a document purportedly naming 28 alleged people under investigation for pedophilia-related activities. It was most famously discussed in a Senate Estimates hearing.

After extensive research by my office, we found that the Wood Royal Commission was provided a document that the Commissioner determined contained information outside the terms of reference of the Commission. It was returned to the provider. That’s it. The document is not in the public domain and is not held by the government. My inquiries revealed that it contained unsupported allegations against 28 people from an unidentified author.

Without an author, it’s wholly unverifiable and unusable in court. Publication of the contents may well constitute defamation in some circumstances. When starting this investigation, I had hoped to unearth evidence which if brought to light would prove and put away perpetrators of disgusting acts. Despite my best efforts, that is not what I found. There are plenty of urban myths about all of this. One of these is that the document is subject to some sort of suppression order, preventing its release. My inquiries revealed there is no suppression order on this document. There never was a suppression order.

The document simply isn’t credible enough without an author for anyone to publish outside of parliamentary privilege. My view, and that of One Nation, is that paedophilia is a blot on our society and that everything should be done to stamp it out. Offenders should receive the severest penalties when convicted as a deterrent to others and to keep our children safe. Those who would knowingly protect these offenders must also be identified and stopped, no matter what their roles in our society may be.

No one should be immune because of their status. Sexual misbehaviour in the legal profession has been highlighted in the media lately. Allegations have even been made towards the behaviour of judges, magistrates and senior lawyers. What is missing is a Federal Integrity Commission with power to review the behaviour of the politicians and the judiciary. An integrity commission with teeth would mean that any allegation of corruption, criminality or misconduct could be thoroughly and independently investigated. There’s no doubt there are still people in power that get up to no good; we need a commission that can properly investigate them and bring them to justice.

DECEMBER 22, 2021/

Deni

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have only ever heard that Percy was at Glenelg, or in Adelaide itself, in Jan 66' with his parents.
His dad had a car and he had to ask permission to use it!!

This might be of interest to a few certain members here, including Johnnymac1, Tues, TTT, and inspector Gadget even got a mention...
Over on another forum with the initials CM, there is a person there that swears they are not a member here in any way shape or form,
but they are replying to messages in there made by the above members in here!!

Ivé complained to their Admin and asked him to lock the thread, as he mentioned he would, but so far this person is still spouting their
BS, that the BC children are still alive and their mother was the one that got them "kidnapped", for want of another word..
I know he'll read this, (waving hi to Johnny S) but I really don't give a toss.
He has no idea about privacy and has given my Facebook user name to other members, although my page is pretty much locked down.
But please be careful of him, especially those ivé named above!!

EyeMedia

Debutant
Feb 6, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide

If Percy was in Adelaide, holidaying around Glenelg Beach at the time of the Beaumont disappearance, exactly how long was he there for? Days? Weeks? Remember that the Beaumont kids were apparently in the company of their abductor long enough to gradually become comfortable with him. The abductor had to earn their trust over a period of time. This perhaps points to a local culprit, not a temporary visitor just passing through.

I'd like to know more about the story of the woman who saw three children entering an abandoned house with an unknown man. All were gone the next day and the place went back to it abandoned status. The boy was said to have been seen trying to escape before being recaptured. That would be a fascinating line of enquiry. No police search of the house was ever conducted, which seems odd.

jason_recliner

Club Legend
Dec 9, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
If Percy was in Adelaide, holidaying around Glenelg Beach at the time of the Beaumont disappearance, exactly how long was he there for? Days? Weeks? Remember that the Beaumont kids were apparently in the company of their abductor long enough to gradually become comfortable with him. The abductor had to earn their trust over a period of time. This perhaps points to a local culprit, not a temporary visitor just passing through.

I'd like to know more about the story of the woman who saw three children entering an abandoned house with an unknown man. All were gone the next day and the place went back to it abandoned status. The boy was said to have been seen trying to escape before being recaptured. That would be a fascinating line of enquiry. No police search of the house was ever conducted, which seems odd.
If Percy could be charismatic and/or charming (I don't know if that's the case) he could potentially gain the trust of a young girl in one afternoon.

Back