Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Remove this Banner Ad

Inspector Gadget

Debutant
Jul 21, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
So we should know the names of everybody accused of crimes against children regardless of whether they have been found guilty? What could possibly go wrong?
I shall explain.

My first point is that I feel there should have been better investigations to begin with, as Mulligan asked to be done. Some cases he referred to a few time because police did nothing, lied in their reply to Mulligan and then one in particular is charged. Based on the police evading to even look into it is poor.

The ones who were reported and ones charged should be named and shamed. Even though a report is just a warning, the fact it involved children and whatever they were reported for is most definitely worth being alerted by. I personally don't think hanging around known locations waiting for teens to show up is normal and people should be made aware of these people. Prevention is better than a cure.

Naming and shaming is not about forming vigilante groups or movements, it's about being informed so we can better protect ourselves and our children. What some people choose to do with information they get is up to them. They are legally liable. Perhaps some of the problem with the MI is that the referrals made to police where perhaps not correctly dealt with, which may be why there was minimal action taken. Whilst under normal circumstances, I wouldn't say name and shame people who have been reported by police for simple offences - but these kind of reports are for offences and/or conduct against children - either way it's wrong and they should be named so we know who is out there. If your neighbour was loitering around public toilet blocks approaching children - would you want to know he/she has been reported - or do you let them to continue to be unknown?

When dealing with anyone who is cautioned, warned or otherwise of offences against children should be named. They are a risk.

Yet with naming and shaming, it seems inevitably that vigilante type characters are drawn and it often ends badly but we're not talking about a neighbour loitering around public toilet blocks approaching children, we're talking about historic allegations of state care children that go back forty, fifty and more years. Many of the people named would possibly even be dead.

Inspector Gadget

Debutant
Jul 21, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
So we should know the names of everybody accused of crimes against children regardless of whether they have been found guilty? What could possibly go wrong?
OK, another way to look at it.

The people who were reported were people looking to engage in the sexual exploitation of children. The police were kind enough to give these people a warning. Should that be public - yes it should be. It is not normal behaviour to loiter in locations all night looking for a young person to take advantage of. This is what paedophiles do.

I would like to know how many of those who were reported had gone on to be charged with similar offences outside of the MI. Would be interesting.

Inspector Gadget

Debutant
Jul 21, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hmm

At the time Percy did not have a car nor a licence. My point is, there should be more confirmed sightings (and then more detailed descriptions about the poi) if public transport was used - in my opinion.

Many people keep mentioning a car and I am not sure why, a car might be handy to have but not necessary, especially if you are not going far, walking distance. We have a witness statement saying they saw the children walking in the direction of their home, where exactly is this supposed car coming into it?

How would you describe a surfie type? Do they need to be carrying a surfboard?

"The suspect was described as in his 30s with light brown, short swept-back hair parted on the left side, a thin face and clean-shaven. He was suntanned and wearing blue bathers with a white stripe down the side.

And I make the assumption based on facts I know. The BC perp had groomed them prior to that day or the perp was known and trusted by the children or they may have been a trusted community figure, such as a police officer, postie etc.

Based on facts?, you have 3 "ors" there in (which one is it?) amongst an assumption that they were groomed in the days leading up to their disappearance, how do you know that for a fact when in another breath you state this "Yes I have read the report and still today it is easy for children to be lured away."

We have a neighbour recalling he once flew to Adelaide, yet his brother said they drove,

Maybe he had been here at least twice? Once by plane and once by car, which on which date would be the real question, but either way if he was here how he got he is not that relevant. What he did whilst here is.

Percy - age preference ? What is his age preference?

Those younger than him because he can overpower them, a coward in other words.

"Interestingly again, the Henley Beach Club colours are blue and a white stipe."

Ummm this is irrelevant, his colors would be from his club not a club he would be competing against. If he was competing in a regatta then he/they didn't fly here with the boat...

I had the same issues trying to find a regatta close to Australia Day in Adelaide in 1966. I haven't explored other events at regattas back then yet though. Rowing events being one of them.

"no-one has ever said they went a few times or often, but only once."

I have not seen anything that says he/they only went to Adelaide once but i have read that his father travelled to regattas all over the country. It can be assumed he had an events program he followed ever year rather than just go to each regatta just once. Having said that it could also be that could put Percy here at earlier dates which could have given him more familiarity with the area.

It's mind boggling to me, why it took this lady so long to come forward with what she had witnessed.

Not me, it happens all the time, just listen to few cold case podcasts.

I was working for a Government Department in 2019 and a colleague's cousin was part of the VicPol investigation team. It was put to me they have enough to know he wasn't in Adelaide on the 26th but lack the evidence to take him off the suspect list.

see newbie11's post above.
Oh, you forgot to criticise my comments with the Bakery and the meat pie.

Inspector Gadget

Debutant
Jul 21, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yet with naming and shaming, it seems inevitably that vigilante type characters are drawn and it often ends badly but we're not talking about a neighbour loitering around public toilet blocks approaching children, we're talking about historic allegations of state care children that go back forty, fifty and more years. Many of the people named would possibly even be dead.
You can't defame a dead person so there are no issues there. There would be some people that are still alive and some that do frequent toilet blocks still. Some particularly like a midday drive around looking for pick ups. We still have street kids and we still have vulnerable kids at risk and we still have the paedophiles actively seeking children.

Not to mention, in RTR Ki express his anger that a welfare worker who gave them to paedophiles was STILL employed by the government, and the book isn't 40 or 50 years old.

That's a point to consider, how do you know that it isn't your neighbour?

You can't defame a dead person so there are no issues there. There would be some people that are still alive and some that do frequent toilet blocks still. Some particularly like a midday drive around looking for pick ups. We still have street kids and we still have vulnerable kids at risk and we still have the paedophiles actively seeking children.

But what would you yourself do if you were given names of people whom allegations were made against?

That's a point to consider, how do you know that it isn't your neighbour?

I don't spy on my neighbours but raising kids, there were rules. What would you do if you found out one of your neighbours had allegations made against him/her?

Jan 21, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
East Perth
Oh, you forgot to criticise my comments with the Bakery and the meat pie.
Didn't forget. I haven't seen the article in the state library. nor have read it stated anywhere else by the mother that Grant only ate pies. I will see if i can find it but until i do i will take your word for it and factor it in.

Speaking of factoring things in, I have owned RTR for about 15 years now and am familiar with it. I understand where you are coming from about naming those names that have been hidden. I will ask if you feel the "innocent until proving guilty" concept should not exist? because it seems to me that your asking for anyone reported or charged but not proving guilty to be named.

Are you suggesting that the disappearance of the BC could have been part of between the states shipping around of the kids in state care? Hmmm interesting concept and not one i have considered......yet.

Inspector Gadget

Debutant
Jul 21, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
But what would you yourself do if you were given names of people whom allegations were made against?

I don't spy on my neighbours but raising kids, there were rules. What would you do if you found out one of your neighbours had allegations made against him/her?
There already is a website which lists convicted offenders and there some in my area. There is also someone not far away that has had allegations made and unfortunately, the case couldn't go ahead. People know who he is and where he is. No-one has taken any action at all, but what it does do? It informs you of what is amongst us and you can take steps to further protect our children. Prevention rather than cure.

I don't spy on my neighbours either, but if I had knowledge of offending or loitering etc, at least you can use preventative measures to ensure safety.

I am sorry but I am not sure "raising kids, there were rules". ?

Inspector Gadget

Debutant
Jul 21, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Didn't forget. I haven't seen the article in the state library. nor have read it stated anywhere else by the mother that Grant only ate pies. I will see if i can find it but until i do i will take your word for it and factor it in.

Speaking of factoring things in, I have owned RTR for about 15 years now and am familiar with it. I understand where you are coming from about naming those names that have been hidden. I will ask if you feel the "innocent until proving guilty" concept should not exist? because it seems to me that your asking for anyone reported or charged but not proving guilty to be named.

Are you suggesting that the disappearance of the BC could have been part of between the states shipping around of the kids in state care? Hmmm interesting concept and not one i have considered......yet.
I would have put the article up, but I lost my hard drive with loads of articles that I took photos of in the library. It is there. I've always found it strange no-one has ever really picked up on that. It is a rather large article and printed not long after their disappearance.

RTR on the digital copy has a few more updates at the end. You seem to be one of a few that have a hard copy of the book. Have you read the court findings and appeals for the case? Those names that are hidden and are in the MI and that is what annoys me.

It's the same as The Family - Tick-Tock still chases young *ick and *ock around lunch time, still sickening and still rough. Yet, this is someone who the police have been aware of for a very long time, yet there is no action taken.

I most certainly believe in innocent until proven guilty, but with the amount of wrongful convictions we have had, and particularly in SA where we had an unqualified person signing death certificates and testifying in trials that put innocent people in goal, or let the guilty walk free, and let's also not forget about the levels of corruption, which saw some detectives get busted growing dope out north and there were big things down south too. Then there is also the high up police that finally faced charges of child offences. The initial report to his superiors, their response was to simply step him down a rank, that was the way police dealt with it. We've seen all different things happen so it is difficult to believe in at times when you are faced with that scenario.

So in terms of child abuse/s etc, all convictions now and then should be named and shamed and the ones who were reported by police (MI) (there has to be a level of an offence to be reported) and that should be made public too. We are not talking about people just walking their dog at night or waiting for a friend to go to a public toilet, we are talking about grown adult grime seeking out vulnerable children for their own gratification. They should be named, their intentions are nothing but sickening and evil so why can't people have access to information to be better protected?

In my opinion, I do not believe the BC case is intertwined in any kind of child trafficking. Their trafficking system was working perfectly well with no-one taking notice. Why draw attention by abducting 3 siblings and hit the headlines? Taking from the homes and shipping them around raised no questions, as explained in RTR. Can't rule it out, but I think it's unlikely.

I don't spy on my neighbours either, but if I had knowledge of offending or loitering etc, at least you can use preventative measures to ensure safety.

I am sorry but I am not sure "raising kids, there were rules". ?

The rules with raising my own children were preventative anyway with the assumption that there probably are people living in the area with a murky history. A lot of cops also live in my neighbourhood, so there's that as well.

jason_recliner

Club Legend
Dec 9, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
I shall explain.

My first point is that I feel there should have been better investigations to begin with, as Mulligan asked to be done. Some cases he referred to a few time because police did nothing, lied in their reply to Mulligan and then one in particular is charged. Based on the police evading to even look into it is poor.

The ones who were reported and ones charged should be named and shamed. Even though a report is just a warning, the fact it involved children and whatever they were reported for is most definitely worth being alerted by. I personally don't think hanging around known locations waiting for teens to show up is normal and people should be made aware of these people. Prevention is better than a cure.
Which cases did that happen?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EyeMedia

Debutant
Feb 6, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Has anyone heard of Guido James Eglitis, who was living in Cambodia at the same times as Anthony Munro? He began snooping around, convinced that Munro was involved in the Beaumont case.

I think Guido may have been primarily motivated by the $1m reward money that the SA Gov't was offering.

He was born in Germany (of Latvian heritage) and moved to Warnambool in Victoria as a boy.

Guido apparently made many claims about working in-tandem with various police bodies and police forces to flush-out and extradite Munro back to Australia, but he was probably just interested in the reward money if he could build a believable case against Munro.

Guido himself was implicated or investigated over various crimes including fraud, abductions and a possible involvement in the disappearance and death of Cambodia-based Canadian journalist and film-maker Dave Walker.

Here's a discussion/link regarding Dave Walker's death, if links are allowed to be shared on this forum: Updates: Who is "James An"?

Last edited:

Inspector Gadget

Debutant
Jul 21, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
The rules with raising my own children were preventative anyway with the assumption that there probably are people living in the area with a murky history. A lot of cops also live in my neighbourhood, so there's that as well.
I think most parents do the same thing, but having another tool to use would be useful don't you think? Just my opinion.

EyeMedia

Debutant
Feb 6, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
A few weeks ago, Andrew McIntyre made a lengthy facebook post on his page claiming that his sister Ruth solved the Somerton Man mystery years ago, he was so adamant.

The genealogists have now found out who the Somerton Man is and Andrew has deleted his post.
This is what perplexes me about Andrew McIntyre and his various siblings. They claim to have been there on the day of the Beaumont disappearance and possess first-hand knowledge or eye-witness accounts, but if they're lying, they've been lying for literally decades. They never stop.

What motivates them to keep doing this? Why the endless stories and fabrications? Will they eventually go away? What do they gain from all of this?

Police won't dig the site at Stansbury even though there is apparently a petition with thousands of signatures calling for the cops and the government to excavate the property.

newbie11

Senior List
Oct 24, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
If that is the way you would deal with it that is your choice. Just be prepared to be held accountable for your actions.

Myself, I would use that information to the benefit of children and keep a closer eye out.
Inspector Gadget, it sounds like what you are trying to articulate is something like Daniel Law’s? Is that what your referring to?

I am 100% pro Daniel’s Law, but, that’s not what we are discussing..

We are talking about names of the accused provided by the victims in their statements.. The accused is just that, they are accused, they have not been convicted..

A convicted pedophile on the other hand is a different story- name them, shame them, harass them, throw rocks at them for all I care 🙈🙉🙊 🤷🏼‍♀️

Tues

Team Captain
Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
the new witness, David Smith and Andrew McIntyre, none of whom are known to each other — have named one person in common as a person of interest in the case.

Mr Smith was days away from Army life and on a path to the horrors of Vietnam when he took a lunch break at the Glenelg foreshore on January 26, 1966.

He had on his mind saying goodbye to girlfriends and mates at the time and took not much notice of the benign conversation he had with a young man with three children in tow at the foreshore.

In February 2015, and after seeing a missing persons poster in a police station, Smith told police about that encounter, his chat with the man and the eldest child and also an old couple seated nearby.

Smith, who says the horrors of Vietnam troubled him for decades, believes it was Jane Beaumont he spoke with, as well as the man responsible for the abduction.

He has provided a statement to Major Crime which includes identifying the man he saw with the children.

“I never gave it any thought before … I simply didn’t realise I had been a witness to something that could be important,” Mr Smith said.

THE BEAUMONT CHILDREN MYSTERY

“I went away for Army training in the days after, then to war. I didn’t know anything about the missing kids and when I got home from Vietnam I, like many, was not in great shape.

“The girl was looking at my lunch and I asked her if she wanted some … she said the man had bought them lunch.

“I spoke to the man, he was about my age and so I asked if he’d got a call up for service … he said no. End of conversation.” <------- age 19 to resemble Munro maybe? lol, so transparent, that lot.

Mr Smith said the man and three children left in a dark blue convertible sports car.

The elderly couple on a nearby bench told Mr Smith the children had been hanging around the area without an adult over recent days and they were not the man’s children.

Police have acknowledged they’ve taken statements from Mr Smith before.

SAPOL Supt Des Bray reveals results of Friday's search for the Beaumont children
Andrew McIntyre has over the past decade claimed his father was involved in the crime and has provided statements to police outlining his claims......

EyeMedia

Debutant
Feb 6, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
If the girl said the man had already bought the kids lunch, that means they went back to the beach after visiting Wenzel's Bakery.

Was Tony Munro known to have ever owned a blue convertible?

Last edited:

Inspector Gadget

Debutant
Jul 21, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Inspector Gadget, it sounds like what you are trying to articulate is something like Daniel Law’s? Is that what your referring to?

I am 100% pro Daniel’s Law, but, that’s not what we are discussing..

We are talking about names of the accused provided by the victims in their statements.. The accused is just that, they are accused, they have not been convicted..

A convicted pedophile on the other hand is a different story- name them, shame them, harass them, throw rocks at them for all I care 🙈🙉🙊 🤷🏼‍♀️
Daniel's Law - which is the Offenders Registry - which the Government pledged 7.8 million dollars for? There is already a website out there created and funded by a single mother. The information is so important to be able to protect ourselves, access to the site is by a mere donation monthly that can be stopped at any time - donation is as little as $1! So we have a single mum who does everything for just about nothing, and the government with their 7.8mil can't even begin the Register, which was meant to have been up and running by now.

But no, that is not what we are discussing.

What I have said - which I have specifically pointed out the MI simply because I believe the answer to this BC case lies within the testimony of survivors in that report.

My point is - the 13 reported to police via the MI - I believe if the police investigated properly, they wouldn't have been a report - they would have been charged. Anyone 'reported' by police for such reasons should be named and shamed. The MI was not relating to 'who drove off without paying for petrol' they related to unsavory activities with children. Massive difference between stealing a chocolate bar and exploiting a child.

See, the thing is, we hear about a child being abducted/murdered/raped etc and then in the news we hear that the offender has been on the radar for a longtime and has previous offences. We all then throw our arms in the air and say why were we not told? Just another case where prevention is better than cure.

And, for the record, one of 'the reported' grime from the MI should not have been reported but charged. I know as a fact as the statement to the MI was made by my friend, who 'accidently' died of an OD when he spoke up.

Feel free to sign up to the website and have a look, you may be surprised who is around you.

Macka_321

Senior List
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is what perplexes me about Andrew McIntyre and his various siblings. They claim to have been there on the day of the Beaumont disappearance and possess first-hand knowledge or eye-witness accounts, but if they're lying, they've been lying for literally decades. They never stop.

What motivates them to keep doing this? Why the endless stories and fabrications? Will they eventually go away? What do they gain from all of this?

Police won't dig the site at Stansbury even though there is apparently a petition with thousands of signatures calling for the cops and the government to excavate the property.
Who knows what the motivation is. But can tell you police have investigated all these claims keep in mind Andrew only says they are at stansbury as Munro apparently told him which I find difficult to believe.

Inspector Gadget

Debutant
Jul 21, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
lol - tell the McIntyre trio that.
Sorry if I've missed something, but why would that make a difference to them? I have been looking down this path of enquiry recently & have found a lot of articles from that time that support what has been said.

I understand everyone has a different opinion about these people, but personal indifferences need to be put aside to look at the facts and what matches in with the facts.

To give you some of my background, I've been on the streets and lived the street life in Adelaide, so honestly, not much is beyond belief for me as I've witnessed a lot. What I do know for a fact, some may think someone's story is unbelievable, but you don't actually know until you live the life. Corruption, abuses, injuries that you could never imagine. I don't believe that doubting people in this way is useful at all and actually has an adverse affect on people coming forward. Seeing people being abused online makes others back away, it just isn't helpful at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back