The Beep Test

Remove this Banner Ad

Without sounding like Mr Fit I still do it with heaps of AFL players and i got a 19. Yes that is better than the draft camp record by 3.2 as i was striving to break it. Obviously being full of s**t got in the way in the end.

Haha. :thumbsu:

I know state cross country and national 10,000m runners who couldn't get near that in year 7

EDIT: and by national 10km runners I of course mean national steeple chase runners

So in other words your PB just beats mine.

Very hard to believe. Only about two 18 - 20 years olds at AFL draft camp get this score per draft.

Yes, but I'm still that fit unlike you!

AFL players in terms of "fitness" don't really rank that high compared to some sports. A 13-14 y/o that has been groomed on the track could get 15's if they were national level. Hell an 18yo triathlete that is racing at a national level is expected to be running low 15m 5km's which would equate to 17's on the beep test.

Yes, but I'm still that fit unlike you!

AFL players in terms of "fitness" don't really rank that high compared to some sports. A 13-14 y/o that has been groomed on the track could get 15's if they were national level. Hell an 18yo triathlete that is racing at a national level is expected to be running low 15m 5km's which would equate to 17's on the beep test.

In all fairness to this, you would be in a similar boat if your body broke down. I practically travelled all across Australia getting treatment for a variety of issues during my late teens.

In all fairness to this, you would be in a similar boat if your body broke down. I practically travelled all across Australia getting treatment for a variety of issues during my late teens.

My body has broken down, in the past 12 months I have had stress reactions in both tibia's, pluracy, high grade tear of the deltoid ligament in my ankle and was diagnosed yesterday with tendonitis in my shoulder. Sport is ****ed! Don't do it!:thumbsu: Been keeping fit by riding and swimming (can't swim now cause of the shoulder)...

Managed 13.7 earlier in the year at school. Reckon I could break 14 next time :).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back