Running/Fitness The Beep test

Would never've pictured you as a 1997 baby.

Would you be one of those who hated it?
Haha one of those who hated what? Growing up in this era?

Cal Pal

Draftee
Nov 11, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I run a 13.1-5 generally at age 15, does anyone know what an outstanding score for my age would be?

I run a 13.1-5 generally at age 15, does anyone know what an outstanding score for my age would be?
Anything above 11 is pretty good for aged 15.

Always hated running/exercise when I was younger. PB was 6.8 back in the day (pathetic I know.) Been training a lot lately and gave the beep test a go, even though I was a bit crook. Managed to get 11.4 before missing the beep.

Well done

Sep 14, 2012
Broadbeach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just thinking about this the other day. Loved running and was the fittest at my local club by some margin. My PB for Beep Test was 17.2 when I was 16 but I usually ran around 16.4-16.8 though. Could also run the 0-20m in 2.8 seconds but didn't have the greatest top end speed. If I done the Beep Test now though would be struggling for 13...... need to get fit again!

WowWeee

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just thinking about this the other day. Loved running and was the fittest at my local club by some margin. My PB for Beep Test was 17.2 when I was 16 but I usually ran around 16.4-16.8 though. Could also run the 0-20m in 2.8 seconds but didn't have the greatest top end speed. If I done the Beep Test now though would be struggling for 13...... need to get fit again!

thats still good though! back in year 12 (5 years ago) i could do 13.2.......dont think i can do 10 now :(

definately need to start running and swimming again.

Sep 14, 2012
Broadbeach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You say that as though 13 on the beep test in some way = "unfit"...
Haha it's still considered a good run but I'm frustrated with myself for losing all that hard work. I really couldn't help it though with acl pcl problems stemmed from a mild form of lupus disease which for some reason started to show signs when I was 18 yes old. Sucks that the disease is in my family.

Ashton Agar

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 20, 2013
Test Cricket
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
LIVERPOOL, Sydney FC, Nottm Forest
Best I've ever got is 11.something, always looking to improve every time I do it.

So I'm undergoing some fitness testing soon and I need a minimum 10.1 in the beep test to pass. I remember at school I used to run in the 11's somewhere, so this might be a struggle.

What's the best way to train for it? Just do weekly beep tests and look to improve each time? HIIT?

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
So I'm undergoing some fitness testing soon and I need a minimum 10.1 in the beep test to pass. I remember at school I used to run in the 11's somewhere, so this might be a struggle.

What's the best way to train for it? Just do weekly beep tests and look to improve each time? HIIT?

Do you live near a school where the concrete's smooth and not bumpy at all?

Sep 14, 2012
Broadbeach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
All I ever done when I used to run was to jog 1-2km at slowish pace and just increase my speed until my body screamed for a rest over a space of 6-8km then I would go back to a slow jog as a cool down. For the first 4 or so km I would put in a 100m sprint every 750-1km as well to keep stress on my body.

So that's a 10km run with slow increase of speed with intermittent sprints every 1km for first 4km. Probably rubbish but I had great endurance... Diet I just ate what ever mum cooked up for dinner and the usual breakfast cereal and school lunch. Done that twice a week...

Back