The beer thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I went to the brewers feast last Saturday , at a convent in Collingwood, great day.

Those monks brew good beer. I went to a convent in Prague once and had some of the best God dam beer I have ever had!

I got a 6-pack of Modelo today, from a little convenience store near Paris KY, in beautiful horse country. In cans/tins.

Is a really nice lager from Mexico.Sweet but not too sweet - tastes like a less hoppy Kirin.

Never tried it/heard of it before, but is now in my Book of Alcohol.

See

Classic Delta Blues from Loosiana.

I got a 6-pack of Modelo today, from a little convenience store near Paris KY, in beautiful horse country. In cans/tins.

Is a really nice lager from Mexico.Sweet but not too sweet - tastes like a less hoppy Kirin.

Never tried it/heard of it before, but is now in my Book of Alcohol.

See

Classic Delta Blues from Loosiana.

I had Modelo when I was on holiday in Playa Del Carmen. I drank many one night at the beach bar. Happy days.

jmac70 what beer is best for Fridays draft night?

I'm at a winery lunch on Friday :)

Looking for a nice draft drop of beer

jmac70 what beer is best for Fridays draft night?

I'm at a winery lunch on Friday :)

Looking for a nice draft drop of beer

After a luntime event I would go with something dark you can sip on. Give some Lord Nelson dark ales a crack.

images

After a luntime event I would go with something dark you can sip on. Give some Lord Nelson dark ales a crack.

images
Delicious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My doctor told me last week that I shouldn't be having any more than two standard drinks per day. How the hell can I survive on that?

Sir Winston Churchill's usual breakfast was reputed to be, according to Kingsley Amis' oeuvre "On Drink" - a brace of snipe and a tankard of rum.

You worry too much...

Sir Winston Churchill's usual breakfast was reputed to be, according to Kingsley Amis' oeuvre "On Drink" - a brace of snipe and a tankard of rum.

You worry too much...

Winston had a pretty decent innings too.

I've recently been advised to hold off on drinking for 6 months, to see if my innards improve - I will be lurking in this thread a lot, dreaming of the amber nectar of the gods.

I've recently been advised to hold off on drinking for 6 months, to see if my innards improve - I will be lurking in this thread a lot, dreaming of the amber nectar of the gods.

Good luck with that, hope things improve and you can once again imbibe.

On a different note, what are the 3 worst beers y'all had?

In no particular order it would be Tooheys New, Fosters Light Ice and XXXX Bitter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back