The beer thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying Gage Roads IPA tonight. First impression is it's very bitter with a slightly nutty flavour. At 5.4% you could have a session on it. Not fantastic but not too bad. 6/10.
DM7S7lZ-KJvbX7wIkZzbbszd5rYHsPUuA4IeQzic2acf5mxCIdS-KOqYlpdln1u8sczMUj8Nj3Zg9UETR2o7lYnYXWJbkBWOPAdSTNaRwtSO0C8Njv7lUAT2BbsG8Fex2IHPNYZb=w150-h534-nc

Trying Gage Roads IPA tonight. First impression is it's very bitter with a slightly nutty flavour. At 5.4% you could have a session on it. Not fantastic but not too bad. 6/10.
DM7S7lZ-KJvbX7wIkZzbbszd5rYHsPUuA4IeQzic2acf5mxCIdS-KOqYlpdln1u8sczMUj8Nj3Zg9UETR2o7lYnYXWJbkBWOPAdSTNaRwtSO0C8Njv7lUAT2BbsG8Fex2IHPNYZb=w150-h534-nc

Hi jmac, I've found that if you drink Gage Roads really quickly they taste pretty good.

Xmas beer jmac70 ?

Anything in particular? Or every beer tastes better on Xmas.

Especially if it's a hot day

Xmas beer jmac70 ?

Anything in particular? Or every beer tastes better on Xmas.

Especially if it's a hot day

You want a session beer. On a hot day you can't go past ice cold cans of Mountain Goat Summer Ale.

You want a session beer. On a hot day you can't go past ice cold cans of Mountain Goat Summer Ale.
I will see if it's in the bottle shop near me then

Settled

Had a Christmas party to go to on the 17th and was able to make off with just over half a slab of Crown lager. So that's what I'll be drinking on Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not quite the same this beer thread :(

Should I pull the trigger?
https://store.brewart.com/beerdroid/
https://store.brewart.com/brewflo/

Looks good and after the year I've had I deserve to pamper myself.
I did pull the trigger. But the initial purchase was a terrible experience.
The Beerdroid failed two hours in to its first brew.
Took a couple of weeks to get a replacement, more to do with the fact my local HN didn't have stock and this failure was over the Xmas period.
Anyway Brewmart replaced the Droid, the brewprint that was in the machine, plus two additional brew prints for my trouble.
Replacement Droid is now four days in to its brew with no issues.
Fingers crossed.

I see jmac has been banned - is there a story behind this?
He is on a quiet self imposed spell on his own decision.
I believe (not that I can speak "mod") the banned in red is being looked at to be removed?

Would be nice to be able to have a "on vacation" moniker for those in self imposed holidays.
But this thread is missing the jmac input.
Not that this should stop having an ale or two

Had a pale ale today, cost $10 in the pub, the big glass.
Very nice, does the price sound right.
Normally a pot up to $6.
Was a bit surprised or have I just not noticed previously as I bought two at once tonight?

Had a pale ale today, cost $10 in the pub, the big glass.
Very nice, does the price sound right.
Normally a pot up to $6.
Was a bit surprised or have I just not noticed previously as I bought two at once tonight?

Assume the $10 was for a pint? This would be about right.

When I started Uni in the early 90's you could get a pot at the bar for $1.50.... happy days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back