Toast The Beer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

One of my absolute favourites, for cooler weather. Absolutely delicious in a bottle, and on tap nearly everywhere in Edinburgh:

download (2).jpeg

I think Coopers have been very smart in their introduction of crafty's. They've actually moved with the trend while keeping their classics and haven't had to alter their branding.

They have also made 3 delicious beers (session, xpa, hazy IPA) which rival any of the best micro brewers'.

The thing that annoys me with craft is that they get changed up so often that I can't keep up with what I like and struggle to find one's that I have enjoyed. That's why I keep drinking Coopers.

There is already a thread for this...

The terrible grammar in the title put me off. Should be " is the VFL..."

Many years ago, on a visit to Copenhagen, we went to the Carlsberg Brewery. Free tour, and they gave you 4 tickets for free beers in their bar at the end of the tour.

And my wife didn't want her 4...

download (5).jpeg

Best light beer in Oz: (imo)

download-4-jpeg.1127976
Even lighter at 0.5% alcohol :grimacing:

big-drop-pine-trail-pa-e-png.1127992

... handy to have a few around when you have to stop drinking 'cos you're driving but still feel like a few frosties. Quite good (maybe a bit fruity for some) - sort of newish, came on market last year.

Also, I did a zero alcohol tasting post here and Budejovicky Budvar B:Free was the best of what I tried

budejovicky_budvar_bfree-e-png.1128010

Many years ago, on a visit to Copenhagen, we went to the Carlsberg Brewery. Free tour, and they gave you 4 tickets for free beers in their bar at the end of the tour.

And my wife didn't want her 4...

View attachment 1127998
I visited with my brother around 15 years ago & also enjoyed their Tuborg beers. They had some great ales that you can't get here.

You got 2 free beers when visiting so we tried 4 different beers between us.... so sounds like they have upped their free beer tickets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who else oerfers beers in a bottle or glass v can?

Pubs like the Exeter which serve beer in chilled glasses make for a better experience.
Chilled glass>>>>>>> can>>>>>bottle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>plastic cup.

To the point I won't buy beer at the Footy unless really want one.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Won’t drink beer from a can
I was surprised when my brewing mate got cans over bottles in his allowance.

He said cans have changed in quality 10 years ago. In bottles even brown ones the beer deteriorates quicker.

Icy cold can, tipped into a glass mug from the fridge.

I visited with my brother around 15 years ago & also enjoyed their Tuborg beers. They had some great ales that you can't get here.

You got 2 free beers when visiting so we tried 4 different beers between us.... so sounds like they have upped their free beer tickets.
This was 2004 that we went. Maybe I caused them to cut the tickets???

I was surprised when my brewing mate got cans over bottles in his allowance.

He said cans have changed in quality 10 years ago. In bottles even brown ones the beer deteriorates quicker.

Icy cold can, tipped into a glass mug from the fridge.

Got no problem drinking beer in a can, just don’t like drinking from a can at all.
I’m actually having a Coopers Session/Pacific Ale from a can but in a glass now.
This is my current go to beer at the moment. F53D93E6-74E9-4D95-8B49-993546EC1938.jpeg

This was 2004 that we went. Maybe I caused them to cut the tickets???
It's funny when we arrived & said we were from Australia they said weren't we already there earlier in the day... which i said no.... so Australians must have had a reputation for repeat visits for free beer.

Got no problem drinking beer in a can, just don’t like drinking from a can at all.
I’m actually having a Coopers Session/Pacific Ale from a can but in a glass now.
This is my current go to beer at the moment.View attachment 1128032
I quite like the Session/Pacific's taste. But can never have more than two.

I am guessing that is why it is now called Pacific....

To the naughty corner for you but after you shout the bar
Thanks

I have a small fridge specifically for beer glasses, a cold glass helps to head retention
Interestingly it's the opposite for serving red wine... where you don't want it to be too cold or the flavours don't open up properly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back