The Best 3 Albums In a Row from a Band

Remove this Banner Ad

Some that haven't been mentioned

Reproduction / Travelogue / Dare

3 synth classics from The Human League

Any three of these by the original synth masters Kraftwerk

Autobahn / Radio Activity / Trans Europe Express / The Man Machine / Computer World

Odd that you could tack on Dare after the first two as they tracked a very different path after the loss of the other 2 founding members.
Having said that Dare was quality but just quality of a total different direction.

Odd that you could tack on Dare after the first two as they tracked a very different path after the loss of the other 2 founding members.
Having said that Dare was quality but just quality of a total different direction.

Dare was much slicker and more commercial than the earlier more experimental stuff and of course you had the female singers.

'Being Boiled' was the best thing they ever did imo.

That's a good one but if I had to pick one it would be 'The Black Hit Of Space'

A good run from another great synth band Depeche Mode

Construction Time Again / Some Great Reward / Black Celebration / Music For The Masses / Violator

The JB's Food for thought, Doin' it to death, Damn right I am somebody

Stooges Stooges, Fun House, Raw Power

ACDC TNT, Dirty deeds done dirt cheap, Let there be rock

Rolling Stones Let it bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street

Beasts of Bourbon Axeman's Jazz, Sour Mash, Black Milk

Sly and the family Stone Life, Stand, There's a riot goin' on

Five horse johnson Fat Black Pussy Cat, The No.6 Dance, The Last men on earth

Please Please Me, With The Beatles, Hard Days Night, Beatles for Sale, Help, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Pepper, Magical Mystery Tour, White Album, Yellow Submarine, Let it Be, Abby Road.

13 brilliant albums in a row.

Pretty sure Magical Mystery Tour was an EP when it was released. It wasn't until the CD era that it was expanded to become album length.

Just my opinion, but anyone who claims Sgt.Pepper's as brilliant needs to listen to it today. In full. One of the most overrated albums ever.

As it stands, Beatles for Sale to Rubber Soul would be my pick. White Album through to Abbey Road would have been close, but Yellow Submarine destroys that possibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure Magical Mystery Tour was an EP when it was released. It wasn't until the CD era that it was expanded to become album length.

It was a UK EP but Capitol made an album out of it in 1967. It was also the only Capitol/US album to make it to CD.

what about Michael Jackson off the wall...thriller....and bad.(l guess l will be frowned upon because it not metal or rock):D

You know what? I reckon Off The Wall, even though it came out at the tail end of disco is one of the best disco albums ever and the only Michael Jackson that I would ever listen to (by choice).

Thriller and Bad meh.

what about Michael Jackson off the wall...thriller....and bad.(l guess l will be frowned upon because it not metal or rock):D
Well, I managed to list three albums by a power pop band without copping any derision........;)

As it stands, Beatles for Sale to Rubber Soul would be my pick. White Album through to Abbey Road would have been close, but Yellow Submarine destroys that possibility.
What do people have against Yellow Submarine? I love that song. In fact, I like most Ringo songs.

I only read a few pages but I'll try and say a few that might not have been mentioned.
UNKLE - Psyence Fiction; Never, Never, Land; War Stories
Eagles of Death Metal - All 3 released so far.
QotSA - Rated R; Songs for the Deaf; Lullabies to Paralyze
Bonobo - Dial 'M' for Monkey; Days to Come, Black Sands

It's been said before, but it's pretty obvious and might as well be mentioned again: Radiohead - Kid A, OK Computer, The Bends. 'nough said.
:thumbsu:

Some that haven't been mentioned

Reproduction / Travelogue / Dare

3 synth classics from The Human League

Any three of these by the original synth masters Kraftwerk

Autobahn / Radio Activity / Trans Europe Express / The Man Machine / Computer World

I was actually considering mentioning them and was going to have a look at Joy Division/New Order.

Could also throw in Madonna, Like A Virgin and True Blue.

new order - pcl/lowlife/brotherhood
duran duran - duran duran/rio/seven
led zep - iv/houses of the holy/graffiti
pink floyd - meddle/dark side/wish you were here
atheist - piece of time/unquestionable presence/elements

Off the Wall was great, Thriller had some great songs and so did bad, but I don't rate them much. MJ is a strange one for me.

I know he was amazingly talented, great voice, great dancer etc. But a lot of his music, even massive hits left me cold. I never enjoyed the power chords in the disco setting !!!

Sherb - I would rather listen to the Fountains of Wayne albums than MJ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back