Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The best logo

lil grif,here's updated version of that logo:
WB.jpg

And I can see Bulldogs spotting that logo

no offense but the current bulldogs logo craps all over that.

it's not offensive, but it would be great if you could elaborate on it, so I learn a bit, change it, or drop it at all.

Can anyone tell me how I can insert a jpeg of a logo i created into a post? New to this stuff.....

Have to agree with how much the new Adelaide logo sucks. Our white away uniform is the worst looking jumper I've ever seen. Its truly disgusting.

Doesnt help that right around the time we launched the new logo, our footy team started sucking. The board picked a terrible time to rebrand.

The old logo is much better (even if it is dated).

71178_325341140519_7239659_n.jpg

melbourne's logo gives graphic design a bad name.

QFT I can't believe it is winning. By far the worst. Even worse than the Crows (or whatever the head thing is supposed to be).

It's the type of thing someone would have as a tatoo trying to get all their interests in. Atrocious.

I quite like the Port one it has the historical element with the prison bars and the new. But I wish it said 1870 OR pORT INSTEAD OF pOWER AT THE TOP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually voted for the Melbourne logo but I've certainly changed my mind since then. I liked how they incorporated so many things at first but I think it's too messy when I see it now. The also could have used a better "red", it's far too pink, just like on their jumpers.
I do still think it's one of the better ones though.

The nicest ones though are probably Carlton's, St.Kilda's and Hawthorn's and the ones that need changing are Adelaide's, Essendon's, Gold Coast's, Bulldogs' and maybe even Richmond's (it at least needs the background changed).

Here's my quick analysis of the logos:

Adelaide - horrible!!! Should never have been changed in the first place, their old one was great. At least they still use the old one corporately sometimes.
Brisbane - the logo itself isn't terrible but it looks incomplete. I think as an emblem, the lion needs to always be kept in its entirity. Was never much of a fan of the old logo either, another fresh start would be nice
Carlton - clean, simple and classic :thumbsu: don't change a thing
Collingwood - another classic emblem which should not be changed :thumbsu:
Essendon - is definitely starting to date but I'm yet to see a better alternative anywhere else. The plane itself looks alright and could maybe just be used differently in the next edition
Fremantle - not quite sure why not too many people like this logo. I reckon it looks good and is quite clean and simple. It also looks good symbolically, with the bottom of the anchor representing the chevrons. The shield-style one should be used most, with a little bit of tweaking. Just add a bit more text cos atm it looks a bit incomplete
Geelong - Love it! Another clean, simple and good looking design. The cat looks mean and blends well into the shield. In some ways I like the 'secondary' logo better, but they both are a lot better than half the other logos
Gold Coast - A bit cheap and tacky, probably a bit rushed. Tbh, there's not too much you can do with a sun and that 'GC' symbol is now their image and needs to be put on there somewhere. Too many gradients for my liking and the text is too big. Just a bad brand choice IMO
Hawthorn - another bold and simple logo. The hawk looks fierce and like Geelong's, blends well into the shield. Another of my favourites
Melbourne - in theory very good, in reality too messy. There is too much going on and just things like the rules of the game, the southern cross and even the football probably aren't necessary. The light on it is also not needed and the simplified version is a hell of a lot better (get the pun ;))
North Melbourne - probably my personal favourite, I love it!!! Captures everything a logo needs to and includes the name, nickname, mascot, colours and the stripes. The roo itself looks cool and the logo is another one of those simple, classy designs
Port - It's probably starting to date a little bit but there's certainly no problem with it. The image is pretty simple and has probably become an iconic Port Adelaide symbol. The prison bars are also a nice little touch ;) Although with the current rebranding which has happened there may also be newer alternatives which could include the vee and 1870
Richmond - probably the most dated of the current logos IMO. Its pretty busy and the ribbon thing doesn't exactly look great anymore. I liked it in that shield they had for a year in 08(?) but I also really like the look of that new rumoured logo
St.Kilda - simple, iconic shield which has been with them forever. Should not and will not change anytime soon :thumbsu:
Sydney - another simple emblem which works. I like the way it is inside a vee. Not much else to say on it really :eek:
West Coast - like the head, don't like the wings/body. They just look really weird and out of place. Not quite sure what to do on this one because if they change the logo, the guernsey will probably change too (which I do not want to happen). Either just drop the body and work around just the head or redesign the body
WB- meh. I'm one of few who like the symbol on the guernsey, but as a logo it looks dated. Similarly to WC, a change in logo may call for a change in guernseys which would probably end badly.

Carlton should never have ditched the laurels. I hope to see them back one day.

Disagree, they made the logo look really old and dated IMO. They could maybe try and use them in an updated shield logo but it in their current form I thought they were ugly
As a youngster growing up I actually hated Carlton purely on the principle that their identity was really boring. I think they've done as good a job as they can in trying to spruce the image up a little bit to attract more youngsters

Adelaide- just no. There old design is some what dated but at least it's not ugly.
Brisbane- Despite the hate for the jumper the paddlepop lion is an improvement in my eyes. The face needs to be meaner though. Not sure how
Carlton- simpple, bold, just awesome. It can sometimes seem a tad dull but i wouldn't change a thing.
Collingwood- Elegant. about the only time I will ever use this word in regards to Collingwood but it seems apt.
Essendon- so badly dated. Needs a makeover more than any over imo.
Fremantle- I personally love this. To me it has a bit of a collegiate look about it. I feel that over time this can become as icnonic as Carlton's CFC monogram.
Geelong- Both logos are A+
Gold Coast- Needs work, scrap that- needs an overhaul.
GWS- the G has grown on me. much bette than GC startup logo. definitely a keeper.
Hawthorn- Brilliant
Melbourne- Terrible. Not one thing I like about this. They went for that prep school look and failed miserably. see collingwood for a well executed design.
North Melbourne- Not a fan at all tbh. Loved the late 90's early 2000's logo. they should bring that back in some form.
Port- I like this. Keep it.
Richmond.- I like the premise behind this. Give it a tidy up and move on.
St. Kilda- timeless. another example of how to achieve the look Melbourne tried to create.
Sydney- Possibly my favourite. I find the use of the swan, the v, and the opera house together to be absolutely brilliant. tells you who (swans) where (opera house- sydney) and what they look like (red v)
WCE- I dont like this a lot- but I like it way more than anything else I can think of. I dont like the wings, but the head looks off without them imo
W Bulldogs- I dont like robodog so it's hard to like their logo

The two Geelong logos. The Cat face one is their marketing logo and is used on all the supporter gear. The one with the whole cat is the historical logo and it is on the players jumpers. The idea Geelong had at the time when they released the two logos is that the whole cat logo will be a logo of the club forever. The cat face logo is the one that will change.

9. Hawthorn.
Its always going to be tough with those colours. But its not a bad logo at all. The Hawk actually looks like a Hawk.
BUT ITS NOT FLYING! FAIL.

The Hawk head is our logo during the times that the club is having good onfield performance. the flying hawk is for our ups and down seasons.

The hawks of the 80's and late 2000s played under the hawk head every other team played under the flying hawk.

St. Kilda have actually had that logo for ages when you think about it, it used to work for them much like Geelong's 'on field identity logo' I speculate Geelong will migrate to that logo eventually... Also Richmond will change their logo at the end of this year... hopefully Essendon will too.

The Hawk head is our logo during the times that the club is having good onfield performance. the flying hawk is for our ups and down seasons.

The hawks of the 80's and late 2000s played under the hawk head every other team played under the flying hawk.

Kennedy's Commandos played under the flying hawk, won premierships in 1976 and 1978.

Back