Toast The best crowd in football

Remove this Banner Ad

After a 10-1 start, the Eagles are sitting clear atop the AFL ladder and are looking far better than any of us could have realistically suggested. Our successes, however, are not just limited to the field, as once again it has been made public that West Coast have the best crowd in football.

There are 18 teams, 18 fan bases, all striving for success on a week to week basis. It’s fills me with pride to be a member of the only crowd with the passion to turn up in numbers and actively help our team to victory each week. I would be ashamed to be a part of the 17 other fan bases, satisfied in rolling in to quietly enjoy a nice night out, not even remotely invested enough in their team to actually help the cause.

As is a yearly tradition, the media are beginning to give us the plaudits we deserve. I hope you’ll all share in the pride that I feel as more coaches, players and media figures come out and praise the strength and unity of the West Coast Eagles fans. For a bunch of silent, Chardonnay sipping retirees, we sure have a lot of sway on game day. Well done everyone.

PS - Please make sure you continue to donate to our Kickstarter for the weekly brown paper bag of cash. It would be a shame to waste such a strong start to the year.

Peter Schwab also confirms the Eagles crowd to be the most arousing. We're just a big bunch of sexy bastards who can't stop winning games.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/06/05/afl-cant-ignore-eagles-free-kicks-says-former-umpires-boss/

Amazing that the phenomena goes back to at least 2011 even though we were at the smaller, less populated Subiaco Oval for the seven completed seasons in that time, but doesn't seem to apply at Adelaide Oval which regularly gets crowds of 50K and was constantly referred to as the loudest, most parochial crowd in the league up until this year.

Since moving to Adelaide Oval the Crows have "lost" the free kick count just 15 times in 57 games, not including Showdowns.

This year they haven't lost the free kick count once. The closest they came was against Collingwood, who beat them by eight goals but got one less free. Overall they've received 156 free kicks and given away 88 at Adelaide Oval, not including the Showdown.

Dammit, this thread might actually be about to take a sincere turn that I really didn’t want.

giphy.gif

Since moving to Adelaide Oval the Crows have "lost" the free kick count just 15 times in 57 games, not including Showdowns.

This year they haven't lost the free kick count once. The closest they came was against Collingwood, who beat them by eight goals but got one less free. Overall they've received 156 free kicks and given away 88 at Adelaide Oval, not including the Showdown.

e97fd87062f58d7ae9c6df8e56186840.png

37535f94faa14d63f161487bc0ab78db.gif

As Will Schofield once said “West Coast fans, the best in the business!”

Think this was in response to the Chris Scott whinge all those years ago.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol Vic media are starting to come after us. Guess it's only inevitable that we'll have some fresh insights into our drug culture and never before heard exclusives etc etc.

Funny how some things can continued to be ignored, and others can't. The league as a whole favours Victorian teams, and they can't handle us being up and about.

We obviously have one of the biggest and best loyal supporter bases in the country, and Freo fans are so jealous they will say anything to pot us, even if they contradict themselves. Example: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/do-we-not-get-angry-enough.1195317/#post-55980064

So are eagles fans feral, or Chardonnay sippers? Not sure they can be both

We are the chardonnay sipping, noise of affirmation, old granny knitting, boo birds. Quite a decent cross-section of society i reckon!

The umpires should wear ear plugs I reckon...

Thank god interstate crowds don’t play in front of one-sided, loud crowds in Victoria...or this could be a league wide issue!...

Not nice Black JuJu asking them to wear ear plugs........ they already wear blindfold .......... talk about sensory depravation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back