Flameboy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Franky Lamps ghosting into the box and slamming the ball into the back of the net. Iconic. Not to mention his ability from the spot.

Amazing finisher.

A blast from the past that no-one has mentioned, Kevin Phillips.

Think he had 19 for shooting / finishing in Football Manager in his peak.

Doesn't count, played for the Mackems! ;)

Has my grudging respect - believe he's the only English player to have ever won the European Golden boot (unfortunately with the Mackems).

jegsteam

Debutant
Jun 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bergkamp. Didn't need to blast it, superb touch around the goals, some of the lobs of keepers he did were incredible. Pure precision with everything he did

Bit before the 20 year cut-off, but Romario and Marco van Basten are the top two finishers, for mine. Van Basten's career ended prematurely (he formally retired in 1995, but hadn't played for two seasons due to a severe ankle injury that reoccurred during his career and was made worse by a tackle from behind by Basile Bolli for Marseille against AC Milan in the 1993 Champions Cup final).

I remember watching Romario tear Manchester United apart in a Champions Cup game for Barcelona in 1994. Between 1985 and 2009, Romario scored 313 goals in 451 league matches, including 34 goals in 46 matches for Barcelona and 96 goals in 107 matches for PSV Eindhoven. He played for Brazil between 1987 and 2005 and scored 55 goals in 70 internationals.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Pippo. Always Pippo.

inzaghinews.jpg

Back