The Best Hawthorn FC Photos

Remove this Banner Ad

Was all of 8 yrs old when that Crimmo photo was taken.
He had captured my adoration like few have since.
Still remember seeing it in the old 'Sunday Press' and cutting out for my scrap book.

As for todays photo's I love my avatar and other similar photo's taken from in front of Crawf whom I loved as well. Made more special by it being his last game and as we all know the win being slightly (sort of;)) unexpected.

Am I right by saying David Parkin/Rod Olsen/Ken Beck are the 3 in the photo posted by NB???

Once again Mr BIG X you are correct. I am just about positive that the player with only half his face showing is Des Meagher. Four very very under rated players.

I thought this would be a good time to give this thread a bump because there is currently a lot of discussion about past Hawthorn players.

I also have an ulterior motive. For many years I have felt the need to write about the first round match in 1972 against Melbourne. From my personal point of view there is a lot more to the story than the catastrophe that occurred on field. Before writing it I would dearly love to present footage of those 8 goals, especially in color. Does anyone have or know where I could get a vid of those goals? Also any color photographs of the crowd and for that matter any color photos of any group of people from that era. Color plays a very big part in the story of that unforgettable day.

587eba9a60510b4268b209106054261f_zps156d5c5c.jpg

LOVE This photo.

Here's a few photos I've been able to dig up from google images. (kudos Lord Mud for bumping the thread)

130110_gf.jpg

I thought this was a really superb banner. From this years prelim.

808430-michael-tuck.jpg

Great one of Tucky & Platts.

090522_tuck_246.jpg

There aren't too many blokes who can pose with the 7 premiership cups they've won. :D

art-wbJEANSboy-420x0.jpg

Speaks for itself.

d012cfd654ea6a25721fb1ea14c05753.jpg

Nice one of crawf.

1_vfl-thumb169-408x264.jpg

Brereton in the thick of things.

791833-leigh-matthews.jpg

No caption needed.

068193-shaun-burgoyne.jpg

Love Burgoyne's intensity in this one.

19891218.jpg

I was there that day and remember it well. RIP the old southern stand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

z+afl+poster+hawthorn.jpg

Funny enough to be included.

art-353-svSCOTT-200x0.jpg

Pivotal moment in the club's history.

dan-20120928194134562025-620x349.jpg

I adore B&W photography. TRUE B&W photos that is, none of this digital crap. Even better when the subject is a Hawthorn legend.

art-353-37040488-200x0.jpg

Speaking of Hawk legends this guy certainly had some intensity about him.

LEGEND1_STORY_-_LONG_VERTICAL_F1002532_61800.JPG

wbglenferrie6gallery285wx0.jpg

Pity I wasn't around when Knights was taking marks like these.

365228-gary-ablett-chris-langford.jpg

But this one I WAS there to witness!

694851-hawthorn-v-geelong.jpg

He must've copped plenty of these, was always targeted by opposition thugs.

556426-afl-fashion.jpg

Not quite his best look but you gotta love the determination in this shot.

I was lucky enough to be given some photos from a close family friend, who is now deceased. These are originals from an Age photographer, they are all black and white, and are proudly displayed in my lounge room. Apologies for the crappy iPhone quality!

This is the whole set:
16gd5bm.jpg

My personal favourite:
6i88zr.jpg

Conan!
2v12kxw.jpg

Three legends
2rpfp8z.jpg

Once again Mr BIG X you are correct. I am just about positive that the player with only half his face showing is Des Meagher. Four very very under rated players.

I thought this would be a good time to give this thread a bump because there is currently a lot of discussion about past Hawthorn players.

I also have an ulterior motive. For many years I have felt the need to write about the first round match in 1972 against Melbourne. From my personal point of view there is a lot more to the story than the catastrophe that occurred on field. Before writing it I would dearly love to present footage of those 8 goals, especially in color. Does anyone have or know where I could get a vid of those goals? Also any color photographs of the crowd and for that matter any color photos of any group of people from that era. Color plays a very big part in the story of that unforgettable day.

Been away for most of week LM.

Agree Des Meagher is the player at the back of photo.

Keen to learn of your story LM and why colour is the important ingredient :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back