What has stirred your loins the most?

• quite reflection on an amazing day

• the pure saltmine from everyone else

• still too elated to think about it

• still too drunk/high to care

• being able to throw the 1980 tape in the bin

• wearing merchandise and strutting around like a bon vivante

• seeing a random RFC fan and acknowledging each other as such

• having something ticked off the bucketlist that you had say over when it happened

• Dustin Martin

• #lolnorf

• Jack Watts

• Seeing oppo fans who didn't WIN wearing their club gear and thinking "Yeah, I used to be like you"

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

So it's around three and a half months since we won it.
We've all had time to digest it.
What's been the best part of the aftermath for you?
I hated the opposition saltmine at first, but now it's a source of huge amusement.

Best part of the aftermath for me has been....

Richmond fans

200.webp

everyone else

200.webp

Oh and of course....reliving this over and over and over and over infinity

upload_2018-1-19_12-29-56.jpeg

1) pure relief. Stress is gone.
2) deep satisfaction that the players, staff, exec and board have achieved the ultimate
3) salt mine is funny. Weird that all the banter now is from a totally different perspective. It doesn’t matter one iota what oppo supporters say. We won.
4) I’m totally sick of the focus on #lolnorf. Gone too far. Almost like people are obsessed. Ignore them, we are the premiers, let them chatter amongst themselves

Still remembering the look on the face of a young guy who I watched the GF with.
Young enough to have never seen such a great day but old enough to have suffered through all his years as a Tiger fan.
Faithfully wearing his Tiger jumper and praying that we wouldn't choke.
And then his look of amazement and tears of joy.
It was a day of redemption and hope for young fans like him.
That's what I value most.

Yeah - poll needs multi-option.

Saltmine and #lolnorth are from the same category. Loving both.

Also loving media let alone oppo supporters underrating our 2018 chances.... :D Suckers!!!!

& finally Dustin Martin.
Having a GOAT season in 07, still comes back to this pre-season as a super professional and massive excitement about what he and we will do in 2018.
:thumbsu:

Still remembering the look on the face of a young guy who I watched the GF with.
Young enough to have never seen such a great day but old enough to have suffered through all his years as a Tiger fan.
Faithfully wearing his Tiger jumper and praying that we wouldn't choke.
And then his look of amazement and tears of joy.
It was a day of redemption and hope for young fans like him.
That's what I value most.
Didn’t realise I was sitting next to you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All of the above.

But mainly, strangely, that I didn't expect it. I always thought that when we won it would be after a period of genuine contention and I'd see the team and think they will win this. 2017 was another year of we could beat anyone on the day, but often don't - flaky. then late we suddenly clicked and became unbeatable! The feeling of disbelief when I realise the truth is sooo fantastic. :D

It's hard to pinpoint it. Just the fact the last 37 years counts for nothing anymore, it's all OK because you know what? We won the flag. We can pick which memories of that we like because we got there eventually. Also going and seeing my team win a flag at the ground is a pretty special thing. Now whenever I go there, even we're getting smashed (unfathomable as it sounds), I can look up to those seats I sat in, and watch the videos I took after the game, and automatically feel at peace with the world.

Usually when I’m out in Richmond there are drunken fights and problems. Just part of it now I guess.

When I was out after the Grand Final in Richmond everybody was so happy. It was amazing. No fights, no problems, everybody was just blind drunk and singing and hugging and dancing. That’s really stuck with me as something hugely positive.

Didn't have to go past the first option ....
quite reflection on an amazing day
though did read all other options, tugga
Agree with Livonski , the focus on #lolnorf has been overdone (obviously some learned nothing from all those years of us being a minnow) and quite frankly it's boring and I skip it.
In a perverse sort of way, gonna be an interesting to see how some, maybe plenty, react if we don't back it up or go close to backing it up.
I'm happy to remain humble and not get in other supporters' faces and enjoy what was. And found that attitude has served me well as friends and acquaintances have been nothing but complimentary and excited for me finally having plenty to cheer about.

I didn't get to go to the Grand Final, but I was there for the other 2 finals, and the atmosphere was incredible, particularly the Prelim. I'll never forget that buzz and electricity surging through the ground as we went on our 2nd half rampages.

Also, I'm proud that I never wavered in my support for Dimma, and looking back on all of the years he's coached us, I know that even during those tough H&A defeats and bad EF losses, he achieved what we all wanted in the end.

I made a thread in 2015 after the Melbourne game, when we were 2-4 and Hogan had just toweled up Rance, saying that Richmond had the potential to do a "Geelong 2007" from that point onwards... and in many ways that year we did, we went on to win 13 of the next 16 and look like a genuine threat... but then the North final happened, followed by 2016, and ironically that close loss against Geelong late in 2016... that was probably the only moment I took stock and had any doubts...

But I still believed in Dimma, and backed him in for 2017. And after we beat the Demons this year and went 5-0, I had a feeling this was going to be a special season, and even when we lost the next 4, we were inches away from winning 3 of those, and you could just tell that this team was connected and rolled with the punches together.

Like many on here have said, if we happen to have a poor year this year, I'll be disappointed obviously (because I love winning), but the sheer relief of getting to see a premiership in my lifetime (I'm only 27 but Doggies fans waited 60 years, and Saints fans have seen 1 flag ever, so who knows) means that no matter what happens from here on out, I've known success as a Tigers fan.

Usually when I’m out in Richmond there are drunken fights and problems. Just part of it now I guess.

When I was out after the Grand Final in Richmond everybody was so happy. It was amazing. No fights, no problems, everybody was just blind drunk and singing and hugging and dancing. That’s really stuck with me as something hugely positive.

Was special, wasn't it! I made a tonne of new friends Saturday night and Sunday, who I have since kept in touch with or caught up with.

So it's around three and a half months since we won it.
We've all had time to digest it.
What's been the best part of the aftermath for you?
I hated the opposition saltmine at first, but now it's a source of huge amusement.

Have to say mate, one reason I have been more reserved and chilled than most and not boastful is - a bit like your good self - is I follow several other sports and are just as passionate about my teams in those sports. So there I was 24 hours later after the Tigers drought-breaking win, delighting in a Melbourne Storm premiership, so I didn't dwell on things too long. A day later my focus quickly switched to the NFL.
So, while Richmond is a clear number one for me, I am also just as passionate about my NFL team and following their fortunes, the Storm and then the NBA.

Back