• 5. @Quadzilla

• 6. @Don_Kay

• 7. @Dylan8

• 8. @captain ebert

• 9. @Suit

• 10. @ChristopH

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm acutely aware of Pappagallo casting me off to Davy Jones Locker for a comment like this but in my utopian alternate universe where we entered the league as the Port Adelaide Pirates with a jolly rogeresque logo and a charcoal on black prison bar guernsey, a reworded version of this would be our club song.

On the contrary mate you’re one of the few on here with some actual design skills. DJ’s Locker Room is for teal-yoke Prison Bar abominations and the like.

So, I have no talent whatsoever to draw anything. Still, I came up with a concept of "One Ring to Rule Them All" for the Port Adelaide FC's logo controversy.

As I see it, PAFC is one club, but with two distinct football teams: Power (AFL), and Magpies (SANFL). I imagine that the common identity for EVERYTHING related to PAFC should be based on the colours black and white, and a halo around the particular logos.

I did the halo and applied it to the Magpies, but I couldn't draw exactly what I have in mind for PAFC and for the Power. Although there is a logo for the Power below, it the Power badge wouldn't be like that.

Here, the halo - "One Ring to Rule Them All:"
Port%2BAdelaide%2BFC%2B%2528One%2BRIng%2529.jpg

Here, the new logo for the Magpies:
Port%2BAdelaide%2BFC%2B%2528Magpies%2529.jpg

Here, the awful sketch for the Power:
Port%2BAdelaide%2BFC%2B%2528Power%2529.jpg

---

Someone with talent took his time to improve my concept:

Yeah, looks all right
Power-Logo-Options2.png

---

I would make the Power badge rounder inside, but I don't know how.

Now I want a mock up of the charcoal PB's with a teal skull and crossbones where our logo is (and obviously all the other logos eg. AFL, sponsor etc.

Anyone? I wouldn't know where to start. Cant even use paint without rage quitting.

If, like a certain franchise, we were minded to borrow very heavily from an NFL team's logo (which we shouldn't), the new LA Chargers logo could give us a bit of inspo with the LA/PA, Charge/Power connections:

la-chargers-1484238763.jpg

Now I want a mock up of the charcoal PB's with a teal skull and crossbones where our logo is (and obviously all the other logos eg. AFL, sponsor etc.

Anyone? I wouldn't know where to start. Cant even use paint without rage quitting.

Here ya go mate. I can’t take credit for the guernsey pr0n created by El_Scorcho but the logo is a ridgey-didge Fappagallo Original™.

A6B5F8C1-E259-4EB6-9057-97B8393BD91F.jpeg

Here ya go mate. I can’t take credit for the guernsey pr0n created by El_Scorcho but the logo is a ridgey-didge Fappagallo Original™.

View attachment 514429
It's a little large, but the concept works for me.
I'd also have a white number panel on my 'ideal guernsey' though.

I love the charcoal PB's idea..

Grey (silver) prison bars with white number panel

and the grey fades a bit every season until 2035 when E. McGuire is on his deathbed and he sits up straight and lets out a final gasp as he sees on the hospital monitor us playing in our original maggies strip

it's not even bye week or offseason farken

I was talking to El_Scorcho yesterday about falling down the wormhole of tinkering with different Port logos and he said he was thinking about fleshing out a full Pirates identity

I was talking to El_Scorcho yesterday about falling down the wormhole of tinkering with different Port logos and he said he was thinking about fleshing out a full Pirates identity

Not before he ******* finishes off his John Butcher magnum opus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...falling down the wormhole of tinkering with different Port logo..
fwiw this is someone I came up with last night after tinkering with some old concepts I drew up (here and here)

kuyA2K9.png

When I'm trying to refresh the Port logo I try to roughly follow this brief:
- Make the word PORT prominent
- Include 1870 somewhere
- Don't explicitly refer to a nickname

fwiw this is someone I came up with last night after tinkering with some old concepts I drew up (here and here)

kuyA2K9.png

When I'm trying to refresh the Port logo I try to roughly follow this brief:
- Make the word PORT prominent
- Include 1870 somewhere
- Don't explicitly refer to a nickname

Something is off about it. I think it looks too much like one of those random and pointless logos on k-mart cargo shorts.

Maybe that's where you got the inspiration, from your wardrobe.

But seriously, I'm not sure a shield that sort of shape is an AFL logo friendly. I guess it would be something different though.

Something is off about it. I think it looks too much like one of those random and pointless logos on k-mart cargo shorts.

Maybe that's where you got the inspiration, from your wardrobe.

But seriously, I'm not sure a shield that sort of shape is an AFL logo friendly. I guess it would be something different though.
There's a thin line between simple+classic and plain+generic I guess

The shield shape is intentional. It's a move from our current logo (a ****in' rectangle) into something more conventional. The squared edges would be unique to the AFL where half of the logos are rounded, Cricket Australia style shields.

Just did the member survey and made mention of prison bars in the closing comments but didn't think to say anything about the logo or the ports hat

I told them that I identified with Roma Gypsies

Feels like we are sticking fat with it don't it
I think there's two things coming up that could trigger change: 150th anniversary in 2020, and the introduction of the AFL reserves competition.

The former would be an ideal time to introduce a refresh and bring together the teams under one banner, and the latter maybe something which might force us to drop the Magpies logo and think about introducing a logo with a more PAFC slant as opposed to the POWER focused logo we use now.

Feels like we are sticking fat with it don't it
I disagree, I reckon we have strongly headed down the PA Monogram route this year, especially with players wearing stuff to games etc. I reckon we are going for a long time phase out type thing.

AFL reserves (as Dylan suggests) would accelerate this.

Back