NFL The Best QB of All Time: Poll

Who is the Best NFL QB of all time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing about Brady's record is that there's a 10 draught between sb wins.

Just think how long it ago it was since the Packers won? That's the difference between the last of 3 and the start of 4.
Exactly, why did he never win in his prime? Just a thought...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was blessed to see Peyton Manning carry us to 2 Super Bowl's and 1 Super Bowl win. So I don't really understand what you mean, sorry
You were questioning why Brady didn't win a SB in his supposed peak, which presumably was a period in between the sb39 & 49 wins.

Manning, who you staunchly fly the flag for, was part of 2 sb wins, and one was at the very death of his very long 18 year career, where he was not much more than moral support. So Manning only won one sb during his "peak" (And that was overdue by some).

The answer why a particular player does/n't win more/less is due to it being a team game. It the character of the team as a unit (During the season to a sb, then in the sb) that counts. The peak of a team doesn't always marry up with the peak of a qb or any other player.

You were questioning why Brady didn't win a SB in his supposed peak, which presumably was a period in between the sb39 & 49 wins.

Manning, who you staunchly fly the flag for, was part of 2 sb wins, and one was at the very death of his very long 18 year career, where he was not much more than moral support. So Manning only won one sb during his "peak" (And that was overdue by some).

The answer why a particular player does/n't win more/less is due to it being a team game. It the character of the team as a unit (During the season to a sb, then in the sb) that counts. The peak of a team doesn't always marry up with the peak of a qb or any other player.
I thought it was obvious, I'm the one in this thread pushing that notion :tearsofjoy:

A lot of those passing records are becoz of the Lions being such a trash team for as long as they have been. ie: when you're behind you'll throw the ball more often.

I think Stafford is good but he isn't great.

A lot of those passing records are becoz of the Lions being such a trash team for as long as they have been. ie: when you're behind you'll throw the ball more often.

I think Stafford is good but he isn't great.
The numbers are still impressive, not many QBs in history can say they have the numbers Stafford does, irrespective of any garbage time stats, it's not like they're predominantly garbage time numbers. Also, a number of records there are based on good QB play, eg, most 4th qtr comeback wins in a season, most game-winning drives in a season, fastest player to reach x number of completions.

The numbers are still impressive, not many QBs in history can say they have the numbers Stafford does, irrespective of any garbage time stats, it's not like they're predominantly garbage time numbers. Also, a number of records there are based on good QB play, eg, most 4th qtr comeback wins in a season, most game-winning drives in a season, fastest player to reach x number of completions.

Yes but being behind gives you the chance to create those records like most 4th quarter comebacks and most completions.

They aren't garbage time stats so to speak, he's just a beneficiary of being behind as often as he is to have those records

Back