The BEST team in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

The only argument every Cats fan is using is the AFL ladder. Don't you guys have anything else to use?

Also, lets not forget that this year's season has been one of the most even in a while, so the AFL ladder as it stands isn't quite the most perfect indication of who has the best team. And thats why I said injury-free, because teams like St Kilda and WCE would be higher.

i think West Coast edges Geelong when fully fit firing and without injuries Kerr, Judd, Embley, Hansen, Cousins, Priddis to name a few are all injured or carrying injuries.

As for HighRoller, I only disagree with you because I said BEST team, not best midfield. Its great to have 3-4 of the best players in the AFL in your midfield, but what use is it if they don't have the best forward line in the AFL? Or the best defence?

I can argue that the Pies have one of the best forward lines in the AFL, it didnt do too much for us this season which such a disappointing ruck brigade/midfield.

That is potential once again, as you'll see Geelong has the best foward line and a more than better midfield which sees them with the most Points For on the AFL ladder.

But yes best defence because the Cats also have the lowest Points Againts.
Geelong don't have the best forwardline, the reason they get so much points is because of thier drive out of defence and midfield.
they have the best defence, and thier midfield isn't far behind West Coast.

Ow and I stand by my opinion that the Roos have a better list then the Cats.

Roos have a better midfield;

Harvey, Wells, Simpson, Archer, Harris and Sinclair s**t all over the Cats midfield.

Hamish shits over Cats ruckmen.

Petrie & Edwards = Mooney & Ablett/Hawkins
Grant = Chapman

Cats have a better defence though, which is the Roos only weakness.
The only midfield better than Geelong's is West Coast. Also aren't Archer and Sinclair defenders?

Ow and I stand by my opinion that the Roos have a better list then the Cats.

Roos have a better midfield;

Harvey, Wells, Simpson, Archer, Harris and Sinclair s**t all over the Cats midfield.

Hamish shits over Cats ruckmen.

Petrie & Edwards = Mooney & Ablett/Hawkins
Grant = Chapman

Cats have a better defence though, which is the Roos only weakness.

As mentioned before, Ablett, Bartel, Corey, Ling, Selwood etc, would crap all over the Roos midfield. Geelong have 3 of the top 10 possession winners in the league. Kangaroos have none. 'Nuff said.

Hamish McIntosh is by no means better than Ottens, King and Blake collectively.

Chapman > Grant. Never seen Chapman hit the post from 10m out straight in front like Grant has.

i think West Coast edges Geelong when fully fit firing and without injuries Kerr, Judd, Embley, Hansen, Cousins, Priddis to name a few are all injured or carrying injuries.

4 of those players i would have in my top 25 in the AFL. Three of them would be in my top 5

Come on WC all the way surely...if they had no injuries

I agree. West Coast narrowly from Geelong.

As for HighRoller, I only disagree with you because I said BEST team, not best midfield. Its great to have 3-4 of the best players in the AFL in your midfield, but what use is it if they don't have the best forward line in the AFL? Or the best defence?

I can argue that the Pies have one of the best forward lines in the AFL, it didnt do too much for us this season which such a disappointing ruck brigade/midfield.
St Kildas defence is below average.

No team will have the 'best' everything. Geelong is the closest to it stats wise, but obviously we don't have the 'best' forward line in the comp.

Geelong don't have the best forwardline, the reason they get so much points is because of thier drive out of defence and midfield.
they have the best defence, and thier midfield isn't far behind West Coast.

You are joking aren't you? Because Essendons midfield isn't what West Coasts midfield has in it's little finger.

Crap thread but the Cats midfield is not that superior to the Kangas.

The Cats have more class, the Roos a touch quicker.

We don't have a player in the top 10 possies, but Harris is in the Top 5 for contested footy/clearances and Swallow is in the top 5 for tackles.

Ablett - Harvey
Bartel - Simpson
Corey - Harris
Ling - Rawlings
Wojinski - Wells
Selwood - Swallow

Wouldn't exactly say they are streets ahead. I think the Cats have a better mix at the moment as the Roos need another outside midfielder like Corey to take a big step forward but have no trouble going head to head in the middle come Sunday.

WCE scare me much more!

Cats forwards and defence are better functioning than the Roos, that is for sure.

The only argument every Cats fan is using is the AFL ladder......
The only argument there can be against the ladder is that not every team plays each other twice. Port had a slightly easier draw than West Coast based on where each team ended up on the ladder last year. So I'd accept a correction in an argument like this that put them above us. Such corrections would affect other teams as well. But the ladder is still the major guide if not the absolute answer.
As for St Kilda being #1 that is simply cruel, and draws undeserved flak on their supporters.

Pick and choose what I said to use against me, yeah?

Well I also said;

Thats why I said St Kilda are number 1. And by far, a better list then Geelongs. I'd love to have seen where Cats would've been and where the Saints would've been had the injuries would've been at the opposite team.

PieLebo87, sorry to be blunt but you are seriously challenged in the mental department. The fact that you are still buying the mail about St Kilda's list in indication enough, but the fact that you have suggested in your bumbling opening post that you are not basing this on potential is simply staggering...

a) St Kilda have a few great players - but the majority of them are injured and chronically out of form. Why do you think they missed the finals genius?

b) on potential St Kilda is possibly a top 4-6 side - eradicating injuries, form slumps etc.... but this is not about potential is it???

BTW:

Kangaroos midfield:
Wells
Harvey
Harris
Simpson etc

Geelong's:
Ablett
Bartel
Corey
Ling/Chapman/Selwood etc

...are you MAD thinking the Kangas is better?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

at their absolute best, injury-free and all, west coast is still the best team IMO... aint no f*ckin with their midfield...

and you really cant be considering geelong is the best team based on this year, and before the finals...

PieLebo87, sorry to be blunt but you are seriously challenged in the mental department. The fact that you are still buying the mail about St Kilda's list in indication enough, but the fact that you have suggested in your bumbling opening post that you are not basing this on potential is simply staggering...

Sorry, I forgot, if you have an opinion that doesn't go by popular views, then you have mental issues huh? No one is allowed to have their own personal opinion? I guess this is the Australian way of thinking which is disappoining. You're either like us, or you are not right.

And am I still buying what? I said injury-free, if I said injuries included then you guys would all be making sense. But when you have an injury-free St Kilda, the likes of Dal Santo, Harvey, Ball, Hayes and Thompson in the midfield are spectacular. When Max and McGuire are fit and firing, their backline is close to unstoppable. When Rhiewolt, Kosi, Milne and Gehrig are on their game and fit, they have the most potent forward line in the AFL.

I think it is more you are all being ignorant because if you don't believe St Kilda aren't AT LEAST, up there, when fit, in the AFL, then you don't understand football and need information fed to you.

a) St Kilda have a few great players - but the majority of them are injured and chronically out of form. Why do you think they missed the finals genius?

St Kilda have more then a few great players. They have, arguably, the best CHF in the game, arguably, the best FF in the game. One of the best crummers. A VERY powerful midfield, which we don't even need to speak of. Two of the best FBs in the AFL and plenty of other players to provide rebound out and run through the midfield. So obviously, since I've noticed this, I AM a genius, thank you.

b) on potential St Kilda is possibly a top 4-6 side - eradicating injuries, form slumps etc.... but this is not about potential is it???

Don't misinterpret what I mean by potential. Go up and read that first post. When I say potential, I'm not talking about players over the age of 23-24. I mean potential as in the Selwoods of the future, the Thomas and Pendlebury's of the future, the Westoffs of the future, not what some 26yo is capable of and should've achieved.

at their absolute best, injury-free and all, west coast is still the best team IMO... aint no f*ckin with their midfield...

and you really cant be considering geelong is the best team based on this year, and before the finals...
Geez these Kangaroo supporters are jealous sooks. I guess they know they will go out in straight sets, so they are trying to pump up there so-so team who have no buisness being 4th, even 8th would be flattering to them.

Geez these Kangaroo supporters are jealous sooks. I guess they know they will go out in straight sets, so they are trying to pump up there so-so team who have no buisness being 4th, even 8th would be flattering to them.

Are you serious mate. Kangaroos are a solid young team. With a great future. Brent Harvey is an absolute superstar. Wells is great. Kangaroos have been missing thompson for alot of the season as well. Kangaroos could upset you guys this week.

west coast are the best team injury free. They are the reigning premiers ffs.

Blackus posted this

lose Cousins for half the season
Judd would only play 10 games in the midfield this year
Kerr would miss 6 games
Fletcher would miss 15 games
Butler would not play this year
Embley would miss 6 games
Hanson would miss 10 games
Cox would not play his best football till the last 6 rounds
Hunter would not have as good a year as 06

All those would be in our top ten. Imagine if Geelong or port adelaide had missed there best playings like this

GEELONG ARE A GREAT TEAM. But you have to win a premiership to be mentioned with west coast, port, even sydney.

Look at freo for example, great solid season last year. 11th this year. BACK it up. Then you can brag how great ablett is, and how mooney is awesome

whats there to be jealous about?? were rapt to be 4th... and why u gettin angry at my opinion, its only the truth... what have u got to show that u are the best.. what, 18 wins?... try back2back appearances in the GF, a GF win and another top 4 finish... theres only 1 win that counts u arrogant bastard

Onfield talent only gets a team so far these days.....it is now about more than just he 40 players in the squad, you'll notic in the past decade it is the teams with the best fitness strategies that have performed so it is just as important to get the talent off the field correct to get the best results.

Are you serious mate. Kangaroos are a solid young team. With a great future. Brent Harvey is an absolute superstar. Wells is great. Kangaroos have been missing thompson for alot of the season as well. Kangaroos could upset you guys this week.

west coast are the best team injury free. They are the reigning premiers ffs.

Blackus posted this

lose Cousins for half the season
Judd would only play 10 games in the midfield this year
Kerr would miss 6 games
Fletcher would miss 15 games
Butler would not play this year
Embley would miss 6 games
Hanson would miss 10 games
Cox would not play his best football till the last 6 rounds
Hunter would not have as good a year as 06

All those would be in our top ten. Imagine if Geelong or port adelaide had missed there best playings like this

GEELONG ARE A GREAT TEAM. But you have to win a premiership to be mentioned with west coast, port, even sydney.

Look at freo for example, great solid season last year. 11th this year. BACK it up. Then you can brag how great ablett is, and how mooney is awesome
Those players you mentioned- Fletcher, Butler, Embley and even Hanson. If they are in your best 10 side then you have a serious problem.

Those players you mentioned- Fletcher, Butler, Embley and even Hanson. If they are in your best 10 side then you have a serious problem.

Ignorance is bliss. To finish third with the problems WC have had has been a great effort..Geelong on the other hand are 1 small hiccup away from falling apart like every other year in there history....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back