The best young ruckman???

Remove this Banner Ad

As per my previous. Draper did well in the first half then NicNat got on top. Are you suggesting Williams rucked long enough for Draper to win 17 and Williams 11.
I’m not suggesting anything, it would be good to know how Bailey Williams went against his oppo as well. For bailey to win 11, assume some of them would have been against Draper, I can’t recall how much your backup ruckman rucked.

The only reason Marshall isn't dominating this discussion is because he's been playing so much forward since the addition of Ryder.

Has only rucked 59% of the time this year, yet still reportedly averaging 18 touches a game.

Last year, when he rucked 97% of the time, he came 2nd in the B&F, at 23yo, despite the fact it was his first year playing ruck consistently at any level since he was recruited.

He averaged 28 hitouts, 18 disposals (11.5 contested!), 5.5 clearances, 4.8 score involvements, 4.2 marks (1 contested), 3.5 tackles, 3 inside-50's and 254m gained. With a number of those elite for ruck.

In the "premiership quarter" on the weekend, with a finals spot on the line, he had 8 disposals, 6 marks (2 contested) and kicked a goal, and despite spending so much time forward this year, he's still averaging 110 SuperCoach points per game.

He's sacrificed his own game this year for the betterment of the team, but will have a super well-rounded game by the time Ryder's gone.

Last edited:
His centre square work is quite good I reckon. It's at stoppages around the ground where opposition rucks push him around.

Whereas I think Darcy is a bit the opposite. Lacks the jump at centre bounces but stoppages around the ground play to his strengths.

The only reason Marshall isn't dominating this discussion is because he's been playing so much forward since the addition of Ryder.

Has only rucked 59% of the time this year, yet still reportedly averaging 18 touches a game.

Last year, when he rucked 97% of the time, he came 2nd in the B&F, at 23yo, despite the fact it was his first year playing ruck consistently at any level since he was recruited.

He averaged 28 hitouts, 18 disposals (11.5 contested!), 5.5 clearances, 4.8 score involvements, 4.2 marks (1 contested), 3.5 tackles, 3 inside-50's and 254m gained. With a number of those elite for ruck.

In the "premiership quarter" on the weekend, with a finals spot on the line, he had 8 disposals, 6 marks (2 contested) and kicked a goal, and despite spending so much time forward this year, he's still averaging 110 SuperCoach points per game.

He's sacrificed his own game this year for the betterment of the team, but will have a super well-rounded game by the time Ryder's gone.
Also he's kinda out of the age range realistically.

English is a weird case. Good player but not a good ruck. Often weighs 15-20kg less than the opposing ruck.
Bit of hyperbole there I reckon. He’s 100-105kg but is nearly 210cm so looks much thinner. Most oppo rucks aren’t 115kg-120kg.

English holds a lot of his weight low in his legs. His upper body still needs a lot of filling out, will probably end up around 110kg you’d think when 26-27 years old. He runs so many km though it’s hard to keep the weight on.

Think Timmy will be a bit like Dean Cox and really come into his own in his late 20s to early 30s. He would have to be the #1 option if you could draft any of these due to his clear and obvious higher potential than the rest

Bit of hyperbole there I reckon. He’s 100-105kg but is nearly 210cm so looks much thinner. Most oppo rucks aren’t 115kg-120kg.

English holds a lot of his weight low in his legs. His upper body still needs a lot of filling out, will probably end up around 110kg you’d think when 26-27 years old. He runs so many km though it’s hard to keep the weight on.

Oh right. Most sites I've seen had him listed as 93kg and 205cm.

Oh right. Most sites I've seen had him listed as 93kg and 205cm.
Last I heard on the doggies podcast with Bob Murphy, Bont & English as a guest, he was ‘still growing’ and north of 208cm. Think he mentioned he was over 100kg a few times in his preseason vids too. His limbs are just that freakin long it’s so hard to put any size on them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back