The Big Dance - Roll Call and Logistics

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
As a Sydney derby member I got a cat3 ticket in M56. I'm mainly a rugby league supporter, so I'll be able to enjoy the day whatever the result.
I didn't do too bad cost wise. Flights Friday evening and Sunday arvo for about twice normal price. I made a refundable hotel booking a few weeks ago and they hadn't jacked the price up.
As long as you're wearing orange ... ;)

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I'm a dees supporter and the mrs is a suns member.. just want to know how much is it costing you to go on Sunday? I know its probably not cheap. Shes in the away suns cheer squad, if they were to make it would she get seats there or up in the nosebleed section?

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Yeeessss

That was quick. Was it a ballot or just purchase with a barcode ? Oh by the way. The below is for you
Screenshot_20190923-151716_Chrome.jpeg

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

BarryAglett

7th Round Draft Pick
Sep 24, 2014
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
I'm a dees supporter and the mrs is a suns member.. just want to know how much is it costing you to go on Sunday? I know its probably not cheap. Shes in the away suns cheer squad, if they were to make it would she get seats there or up in the nosebleed section?
I won't see any change out of $2k for 2 of us for tickets, flights and 1 night hotel stay.
But the experience is priceless.

Sime11

Team Captain
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Not attending unfortunately but hoping the club is organising something at the stadium / live site hopefully

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
For 2 of us around 800 but I'm doing the bus and was lucky with the available tickets

I won't see any change out of $2k for 2 of us for tickets, flights and 1 night hotel stay.
But the experience is priceless.

We settled on driving down once we saw flights would be about $800 return for the two of us. Found a cheap but nice motel on the north edge of town. Only negative is having to take Friday off work, but it also lets me pick up our tickets in Albury instead of at the 'G because that seems like it'd be a shitfight.

ilovemeatpies

Debutant
Feb 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney

In the unlikely event of the Suns making the Grand Final, the AFL should give GCFC members free admission. Seriously the Giants had a form for cheer squad members to fill out after weekend 1 to nominate whether they wanted to sit in the cheer squad section or go and sit in GA. I think they paid Category 7 prices.

BarryAglett

7th Round Draft Pick
Sep 24, 2014
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
We settled on driving down once we saw flights would be about $800 return for the two of us. Found a cheap but nice motel on the north edge of town. Only negative is having to take Friday off work, but it also lets me pick up our tickets in Albury instead of at the 'G because that seems like it'd be a s**tfight.
I'll be part of the s**tfight, it seems. But I'll be staying in walking distance of the 'G.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
In the unlikely event of the Suns making the Grand Final, the AFL should give GCFC members free admission. Seriously the Giants had a form for cheer squad members to fill out after weekend 1 to nominate whether they wanted to sit in the cheer squad section or go and sit in GA. I think they paid Category 7 prices.
Well we could have said the same thing about your mob as well.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
We settled on driving down once we saw flights would be about $800 return for the two of us. Found a cheap but nice motel on the north edge of town. Only negative is having to take Friday off work, but it also lets me pick up our tickets in Albury instead of at the 'G because that seems like it'd be a s**tfight.

Yeah, we decided to drive after looking at the cost of our tickets and realising we couldn’t afford air fairs as well - even the train was prohibitive.

We’re picking up our tickets from the ticketek office at Panthers. I just love the optics of rocking up to the home of Phil Gould dressed in orange to get tickets to the AFL Grand Final involving GWS. It’s the little things that are making this week so cool.😎

Remove this Banner Ad

Back