The Big Footy Phoenix Suns Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Diaw carried the Suns in the playoffs last season. In a couple of games that I remember, he was the only one in the team that could score in clutch situations and Suns kept going to him possesion after possesion... and he kept scoring and scoriing.

When he gets up to speed with fitness and form, he will still be a big part of the rotation.

Boris will struggle like ******** to get minutes this season.

He'll get 15-20 when we're full strength ie; Amare full strength, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him at a new home soon.

I'd prefer him to most other guys but I just don't know where he fits in with a full strength Suns team these days.

We're deeper than we've been for a long time.
So you have a 7 or maybe even 8 man rotation this season! :eek: And why would you want to take minutes away from Diaw, your clutch playoff performer last season?

Phoenix are a joke and I have very little respect for them. All offence, no defence. They will fail once again in the post season because of your poor bench and lack of defence. Great regular season with "exciting" up-tempo play, only to come crashing to a halt.

So you have a 7 or maybe even 8 man rotation this season! :eek: And why would you want to take minutes away from Diaw, your clutch playoff performer last season?

I agree with you here. Why take Diaw off with 4 minutes left when scores are about level and he has scored on the last 2 possesions? James Jones was brought in.

Maybe the Suns are too deep? Rather than settling with a lineup... they are are trying to make everyone happy and give everyone minutes and shuffling players around too much.

They won games last season with a settled lineup and were somewhat close to making the NBA finals.

Ouch...that loss really sucks. Our starters posted some pretty good numbers (shame about Nash's 10 turnovers though). I would have thought Banks would have seen a few more minutes, he played well against the Spurs. Why did KT only play four minutes?? I'm not in panic mode yet, maybe in another three weeks and we've only won three or four games though.....

Phoenix are a joke and I have very little respect for them. All offence, no defence. They will fail once again in the post season because of your poor bench and lack of defence. Great regular season with "exciting" up-tempo play, only to come crashing to a halt.

is that what the box scores have been telling you? :D

How's Banks doing? I think to win the title, Nash has got to have an extra 4-5 minutes off the court per game.

Diaw and Marion's game seem to be slightly down with Amare coming back, Diaw especially.

Could always do with more depth on the bench, Thomas and Barbosa do a job, but Jones/Rose/Burke etc... seem to be deadwood in the 5-10 minutes they play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't really been watching much NBA this season, but I notice Nash is tearing it up yet again. Averaging something ridiculous like 22 ppg and 11.5 apg while his team are on a massive winning streak?

Could he pull in yet another MVP at the end of the season?

Haven't really been watching much NBA this season, but I notice Nash is tearing it up yet again. Averaging something ridiculous like 22 ppg and 11.5 apg while his team are on a massive winning streak?

Could he pull in yet another MVP at the end of the season?
He should be in the running but he'd have to do something superhuman to win it a third time.

I'd say Dirk would be the likely (and deserved) winner this season.

But if Nash keeps his current form up and the Suns finish up there again there's no reason why he shouldn't go close.

3 in a row though?

Has anyone done it?

it's not Amare holding diaw back - it's the burgers!!
btw Diaw is starting to re-discover what he discovered last season.

really integral part of this streak, moreso than Amare imo.

caught 3 of the 10 games and seen highlights of the others and he has really been playing well.

great to see!

must've gotten off the burgers ;)

Watched the Jersey game, and it had the feel of a play off game. Diaw with several hook shots in the paint against Kidd, and Nash getting it done in the final minutes.

Diaw is coming good, has had a string of good games, Amare will be huge in the later half of season, his FG % is above 60 atm, and only playing 25-30 minutes.

Question, is the same as the last 2 years, defensive and bench come play off time.

10 in a row. Jeez we're good :)

*Note Orlando will end our streak :(

Is that 11 in a row? :)

1 game off best record in the league. Best streak in the league. All is good as long as our 7 man rotation can stay fit and in form (Jones and House doing SFA after Christmas last year was a big problem).

Suns: Hard to believe the way they've been playing, but 76ers sources said Phoenix has inquired about Iverson. The Suns want to deal Marcus Banks, and Kurt Thomas is no longer vital with Amare Stoudemire playing again at a high level.

Saw this posted this morning and could not believe my eyes. I mean to say I wouldnt even dream of something like this. If Suns could pull off a trade to snare A.I you could pencil them in as champs.

At the end of the day it is nice to dream and I bet you D'antoni would love an eight man rotation of:

Amare Stoudamire
Boris Diaw
Shawn Marion
Allen Iverson
Steve Nash
------------------------
Raja Bell
Leandro Barbosa
Steven Hunter (also aquired in the trade)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back