Running/Fitness The Big footy treadmill challenge - 4km

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha a looong way in front of us. Hopefully can get it into somewhere in the high 17s by early next year. So unfit.

Personally I love swimming, great for fitness. And for some reason I enjoy tracking and recording stats so I have made an excel spreadsheet recording my time for each 1km I swim. This morning I did 17.04, I went way too fast early and pretty much hit the wall around lap 10 and battled through the rest.

Hopefully like yourself I can see my times drop over the summer, good luck!

Personally I love swimming, great for fitness. And for some reason I enjoy tracking and recording stats so I have made an excel spreadsheet recording my time for each 1km I swim. This morning I did 17.04, I went way too fast early and pretty much hit the wall around lap 10 and battled through the rest.

Hopefully like yourself I can see my times drop over the summer, good luck!
Yeah I lack a bit to actually go out hard at the start and then brave hanging tough at the end so you don't have nothing left. Not that I have barely run anywhere since my early 20s but imo it's a totally different type of exercise.

I was doing a bit of running in August last year and managed to get my down to 05:13 min/km for a 7k run.

Here's a screen shot from the Polar Personal Trainer I use

running.PNG

That was summer though and I have yet to find the motivation to get back into running while it's freezing cold outside. First day of Spring here yesterday so I might give this 4km time trial a shot soon.

My gf convinced me to do a half marathon in May so we've hit the roads to start training. I've never run more than 40 minutes before but managed to do an hour run on the weekend (10km in 1:05), it is definitely a lot easier when you have a training partner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back