The Bigfooty 2018 Eastern Conference First Round Playoffs Thread

Who win da East?

• Mexicans from the north (Toronto)

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Boston sans Kyrie

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Everyones favourite team, Philly 76ers!!

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • Lebron and Tristan Thompsons baby mama

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Domantas Sabonis and his Indy folk

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • 44-38 Miami Heat

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Milwaukee Bucks feat. NBA Champion Mathew Dellavedova

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Washington Jizzards (lol not really)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Was like wtf with the cavs. I watched on delay the start of the last quarter, I had the scores the wrong way around and thought cavs were up. Heard something about being 23 down, didn't take much notice. After work I resumed watching and saw the pacers were up. They ran out easy winners, I thought for all money the cavs would come out firing in game 1. Great win by pacers and poor effort by the cavs. Oladipo was immense.

Boston vs bucks crazy finish. Good game from what I saw. I'm only watching the last qtr's on delay of each game. Can't be ****ed watching full games and even watching one quarter is bad enough with all the time outs, fouls, stop start. I've gone off NBA.

Apr 27, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Houston Rockets
Who wrote the Bucks off and thought Celtics would breeze through?
Basically everyone I heard had the Bucks as the easiest match up in the East with the Bucks bad coaching and only Giannis performing for the team, people seemed to think Boston's superior coaching and structures would see them through pretty easily.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I hear you. Frustrating isn't it?
Needs more flow. It can be a good game at times, particularly when I'm in the mood and up to date with work. Frustrating is the right word you used however. Momentum gets broken up too much and it's too stop-start.

Footy and soccer are the best imo. Soccer as well its two 45 minute halves, a little stoppage time and the games done. NBA is 4 twelve minute quarters that takes 3 hours to finish.

If it's overtime......add another 20 minutes for a five minute period.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Needs more flow. It can be a good game at times, particularly when I'm in the mood and up to date with work. Frustrating is the right word you used however. Momentum gets broken up too much and it's too stop-start.

Footy and soccer are the best imo. Soccer as well its two 45 minute halves, a little stoppage time and the games done. NBA is 4 twelve minute quarters that takes 3 hours to finish.

If it's overtime......add another 20 minutes for a five minute period.

Stop start is how Americans like their sports to be. They love the time outs, innings breaks (baseball), etc. Superbowl goes for (I think) four 15 minute quarters but the actual event goes for over 4 hours. It's all about giving corporate sponsors plenty of air time.

I remember in 1987 they played a state of origin rugby league match in California. Generally, the crowd loved the fact the players crashed into each other with no padding, but what they didn't like was the non-stop action. They were all waiting for a time out so they could go for a hot dog and a beer. :)

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Should we fix it by taking out the fouls? wtf?

They've already reduced the number of time outs.

fwiw, if the game just kept rolling, the explosiveness would drop out of the game. The athletes need breaks in the action to produce the entertainment that we see.

Having said that, the replay center needs to be fixed up. Though I like that they get the decision right.

And fwiw 45 minutes of soccer is as boring as bat s**t. In 45 minutes there's usually one thing that's half exciting every 10-15 minutes.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Should we fix it by taking out the fouls? wtf?

They've already reduced the number of time outs.

fwiw, if the game just kept rolling, the explosiveness would drop out of the game. The athletes need breaks in the action to produce the entertainment that we see.

Having said that, the replay center needs to be fixed up. Though I like that they get the decision right.

And fwiw 45 minutes of soccer is as boring as bat s**t. In 45 minutes there's usually one thing that's half exciting every 10-15 minutes.
Boy you're sensitive. Need a tissue for those tears?

I never said to take out fouls, you interpret it the way you want sunshine.

As for soccer same thing. I made reference to the time.

Harden up. Mate.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Boy you're sensitive. Need a tissue for those tears?

I never said to take out fouls, you interpret it the way you want sunshine.

As for soccer same thing. I made reference to the time.

Harden up. Mate.

Harden up from the guy who went into meltdown over someone voicing a reasonable opinion?

Cool the tough guy act. He simply pointed out some stuff that was reasonable in the context.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
You left out a guaranteed cold period from Miami. Happens every game.
980x.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back