The BigFooty Aston Villa Army

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG
The trial for the murder of Dalian Atkinson is completely heartbreaking.
I haven't looked into it too much, but I was just reading some of the evidence and couldn't get over the defense barrister saying that kicking Atkinson in the head after he fell to the ground were "necessary and reasonable as part of continuing efforts to restrain and detain an unpredictable and threateningly violent man"

I haven't looked into it too much, but I was just reading some of the evidence and couldn't get over the defense barrister saying that kicking Atkinson in the head after he fell to the ground were "necessary and reasonable as part of continuing efforts to restrain and detain an unpredictable and threateningly violent man"

I used to think that sort of statement was a hail Mary play in a legal defence, but the polarised world we live in means a jury could very well decide that a cop kicking an incapacitated bloke in the head is reasonable force and I'm the out of touch one for thinking different.

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Hopefully Diego Carlos is a quality signing too.

Actually if you include the loans there is a lot to get excited about

Diego CarlosCB29Sevilla FC€31.00m
Philippe CoutinhoLW30FC Barcelona€20.00m
Robin OlsenGK32AS Roma€3.50m
Ludwig AugustinssonLB28Sevilla FC€500Th. Season long Loan
Boubacar KamaraDM22Olympique MarseilleFree transfer

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Got a phone call from the club an hour or so ago (no idea of the time difference haha) but my step-son has been chosen to be one of the mascots for Saturday in Perth.
Would have loved to video his reaction but he overheard me and his mother talking about it and we hear the loudest "YES!!!" From his bedroom

Back