The BigFooty Aston Villa Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Really the difference in class was all too obvious. I thought in the first half the effort was there, but we couldn't create any attacks on Arsenal's goal and eventually the number of chances they had showed. Second half is a different story altogether though. When you don't get many chances at trophies you have to make your best fist at it and too many players went missing and put in substandard efforts.

Still, the cup run no doubt helped to bring a positive vibe about the club for the first time in ages, so we can't really be too disappointed.

just to copy and paste from an e-mail I sent to a mate yesterday:

Yep we were pathetic.

Grealish was the worst of the lot. He should’ve been off at half time. He continually lost the ball and didn’t want to track back much when he did. He is getting a bit ahead of himself for someone who doesn’t even have one senior goal yet. He has started to believe the exaggerated accolades and hype he received after the Liverpool game.

To be honest Sherwood’s tactics were terrible. Gave Arsenal too much space in behind us and made it too easy for them. Team selection wasn’t right either. We actually looked better when Gabby came on. Grealish should’ve been off at half time. He was absolutely overwhelmed.

ON a positive note I was really impressed with Okore. I thought he did a good job, all things considered.

0,,10265~13835950,00.jpg

New kits look pretty sharp.

Delph, what a colossal C U N T.

Benteke a star bloke because he made sure when he re-signed that a big fat clause was in there for us.

Amavi, Richards, and Sinclair in. Prospects for the Spaniard Gil looking better in a new system, and more to come from the £40 we've just gained in transfers.

That Delph saga was messy wasn't it?

Any thoughts/preferences on who might be appointed captain now he's left?

Would rate Richards as captain tbh. Solid, experienced defender.

Gabby just isn't a leader. He's loyal, but not a leader. He's also not that good.

Vlaar is a former captain isn't he? Would he be another option? I think I read he's been sidelined though for a few months which isn't ideal.

Vlaar is a former captain isn't he? Would he be another option? I think I read he's been sidelined though for a few months which isn't ideal.

Vlaar has no contract with us. He's also been injured for quite some time now and this new surgery will sideline him for 3-4 months.

If he's given a new contract I'll be absolutely stunned, particularly considering the way he's treated the club by refusing to talk about a new contract.

Lazio won't touch him now.

Adios.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vlaar has no contract with us. He's also been injured for quite some time now and this new surgery will sideline him for 3-4 months.

If he's given a new contract I'll be absolutely stunned, particularly considering the way he's treated the club by refusing to talk about a new contract.

Adios.

Ah my bad - for some reason I thought he had signed a new deal.

Yeah, that's not good for his prospects is it. Didn't commit to a new deal (presumably to test out the waters) and then gets a further setback that will probably quell interest in him.

Adios.
As a supporter of both clubs I can categorically tell you that Italian clubs do not have the cash to splash on injured players unless they are messi or Ronaldo like.

No way Vlaar will sign for Lazio even though he was offered. Plus De Vrij is 23 and already better than Vlaar ever was.

Where do we think we will finish this season?

Personally I hope to avoid a scrap and finish 13th ish.

12th - 9th. Mark these words.

Hoping it doesn't happen but it seems a bit like we will be in the relegation dogfight again.

Not a chance. Sherwood is a gun manager.

Please take Adebayor please take Adebayor please take Adebayor please take Adebayor :):):):):):):):):)

Yeah Delph was a muppet, horrible PR for you guys with that one. You might as well do a new photo shoot as a few of those blokes won't be there this season

We'll happily take Adebayor. Coincidentally, two seasons ago he played one match before Sherwood took over in mid-December and then he was reinstated to the starting team. He then proceeded to score 14 goals in 24-odd games. Hope you didn't let that memory slip. It might just be that the other managers you had are complete twats. :)

Where do we think we will finish this season?

Personally I hope to avoid a scrap and finish 13th ish.

I might be crazy but I'm hoping for that 10-14th range. I know we have lost Vlaar, Delph & most likely Benteke but I'm encouraged by the signings we have made so far and the names we are being linked with.

Goals are going to be the issue, we really need to bring in 1-2 quality strikers otherwise it's Gabby (far from prolific), Kozak (coming off a knee) & a youngster in Robinson who is unproven.

Summer business thus far:

IN
Micah Richards - Man City (Free)
Scott Sinclair - Man City (3m)
Mark Bunn - Norwich City (Free)
Idrissa Gueye - Lille (9m)
Jordan Amavi - Nice (7.7m)
OUT
Matthew Lowton - Burnley (1.2m)
Yacouba Sylla - Rennes (1.3m)
Andreas Weimann - Derby (3.3m)
Enda Stevens - Portsmouth (Free)