The Bigfooty Bumblebee (2018) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumblebee. The movie the people of earth deserved after the abominations that were m bays abominations.

Travis Knight, former Laker and Knick, stripped it back and kept it real. No funky additions, interpretations or sensory overloads. This was a lineal, direct ode to the children of the 80s. Generation 1 where colour ruled, mix tapes, records and ataris.

The opening act was powerful and set the tone I felt for a rock and rolling movie. Cybertron and the origin of war. OP, B, Wheeljack (needed more of the W), soundwave (say that in his voice), shockwave, starscream, arcee, OMG!

Some interesting tid bits
- YOU GOT THE POWER!!!
- atari pong featured
- INXS! AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!! Remember in the 80s the only thing Mericans knew about aussie music was inxs? Yeah!
- sneaky nod to the internet (information web)

hailee steinfeld is on the way to becoming a triple threat. She has the singing now acting. Theatre beckons.

Instead of a catalogue of combatants, the movie follows a human (Charlie), Bumblebee, and two decepticons (once voiced by the sassy angela bassett freed from playing the patriarch of Wakanda). Simple. Stripped back. Easy to follow.

Formulaic? Yes probably. Predictable? Yes. Matter? No.

No animals were harmed.

Sets it up for a sequel.

Thought this was very good, I’ve seen it referred to as the best Transformers movie overall. Which arguably, it is.

But for me the very first Bay film just shades this, mostly due to its epic score. Some timeless tracks in there.

But anyway, a very welcome change from the Bay movies. They were bloated and filled with nonsense plots that were confusing and contradicted previous films. Plus they were way too long, with large chunks of nothing whilst waiting for some action.

Bumblebee to a large extent addresses this. A much tighter running time, more focussed story (really enjoyed the human element to this I must say, very nicely done) and a more contained story. Just one Autobot vs 2 Decepticons.

The Cybertron scenes were insanely good. Loved the G1 designs, looked epic on the big screen. When I heard Soundwave in his G1 voice, the inner nerd in me giggled with glee. Amazing moment.

Thought this was very good, I’ve seen it referred to as the best Transformers movie overall. Which arguably, it is.

But for me the very first Bay film just shades this, mostly due to its epic score. Some timeless tracks in there.

But anyway, a very welcome change from the Bay movies. They were bloated and filled with nonsense plots that were confusing and contradicted previous films. Plus they were way too long, with large chunks of nothing whilst waiting for some action.

Bumblebee to a large extent addresses this. A much tighter running time, more focussed story (really enjoyed the human element to this I must say, very nicely done) and a more contained story. Just one Autobot vs 2 Decepticons.

The Cybertron scenes were insanely good. Loved the G1 designs, looked epic on the big screen. When I heard Soundwave in his G1 voice, the inner nerd in me giggled with glee. Amazing moment.

When that happened A bit of liquid left my body

Ive always loved shockwave. and for some reason compared him to soundwave. Probably because of the name (Wave). But really he's more comparable to megatron due to his gun

Was criminally underused in Transformers 3, loved his design. But like the dinobots, was just relegated to the side by Bay.

Was good to see him again in his G1 glory. Ravage in cassette form being deployed from Soundwave was another brilliant sight.

Was criminally underused in Transformers 3, loved his design. But like the dinobots, was just relegated to the side by Bay.

Was good to see him again in his G1 glory. Ravage in cassette form being deployed from Soundwave was another brilliant sight.

It happened far too quick!!! The scene that is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I quite enjoyed it but I do wish we get a full length movie of this best part of the film

wow goosebumps!!!

Does anyone know how the transformers were able to model themselves on earth objects (trucks, planes etc) without visiting us?

wow goosebumps!!!

Does anyone know how the transformers were able to model themselves on earth objects (trucks, planes etc) without visiting us?

I was blown away in the theater I had nerd tears lols I was like "Yes this is what you call a transformers film" and then felt deflated once Bumblebee lands on Earth.

This gave me a good chuckle

c1119a0fc07d7ab531354381b403b68f--grimlock-transformers-transformers-comics.jpg

Watched this last night and the only knock on it was the character Memo, not needed and totally pointless and useless.

As a kid growing up with Transformers it was a great to relive the glory of Transformers and not those Bay abominations.

Cannot believe I picked Ratchet as my first Transformer, what woeful decision making.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back