The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely interesting. As i've suggested before, a 4-2-3-1?

Thinking more about this, makes a lot of sense - feel like we've got a lot of guys that can play those mid positions now and even think it might help unleash Keita a bit. Also looks similar to what Thiago would have played in at Bayern.
On the transfer as well, it's kind of miraculous that for limited spend we've improved our squad, as Jod said Klopp = Jesus. It's very hard to stay at the level we've at for the last two seasons, but this helps.

Why would you hate it?

Keita and Thiago look very nice witg5 Fab dm

If you are lucky you don't need a 4thxb - host of young guys (transfers) that could step up too
I don't rate Fabinho in defense. Gomez and Matip tend to miss a bit of footy so we will be playing a fourth option at centre half. It also robs us of arguably our most important midfielder in that case.

Do any top managers play a 4-2-3-1? I feel like it's been out of vogue for at least half a decade. Can't see us deviating from the 4-3-3.

Pretty sure Bayern lined up that way in CL final and it seemed to work for them. Why would Klopp bring in Thiago in replace Fab? Either something like this, or use Thiago higher up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure Bayern lined up that way in CL final and it seemed to work for them. Why would Klopp bring in Thiago in replace Fab? Either something like this, or use Thiago higher up.
Yeah it'll definitely be interesting to see if it changes, I just can't remember Klopp ever deviating. Thiago might change things because he could potentially change our main playmaking outlet away from the wing backs but my suspicion is he'll just supplement that and make us a more total team. My best XI would be:

------------------- Becker
------------ Van Dijk - Gomez
------------------- Fabinho
TAA ------Thiago - Wijnaldum ---- Robertson
----------- Salah - Firmino - Mane

Fabinho and Thiago feel like locks in my mind, the last midfield spot is hardest to pick. Wijnaldum or Henderson will round it out at the start I feel but my great hope is that it's top gear Keita. Fabinho/Thiago/Keita has a lot of parallels to that Mascherano/Alonso/Gerrard midfield now that I think about it.

Thiago might change things because he could potentially change our main playmaking outlet away from the wing backs
The reason why he was signed was to do precisely that, you'd think.
Somewhere recently, i read where our Pep was talking about us having to change or mix up the way we play because our opponents were starting to come up with strategies to counter our wing backs.
So we were starting to look to one dimensional or predictable. The amount of flexibility this signing introduces is going to make the bus parkers think a lot more about the way they set up against us.

Not too bothered who gets through out of Leicester and Arsenal. We will play our fringe and youngsters. So I guess maybe Arsenal as they will do the same rather than Leicester who will probably go in closer to full strength.

Do any top managers play a 4-2-3-1? I feel like it's been out of vogue for at least half a decade. Can't see us deviating from the 4-3-3.

We used that formation in one of our friendlies the other week.

We used that formation in one of our friendlies the other week.
images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back