The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can still confirm progress with a won over Ajax at Anfield. Then we can run out the reserves at Mland.

We actually only need a draw against Ajax. That would put us on 10 points, with Atalanta (assuming they beat Midtjylland) also on 10 and Ajax on 8. Ajax and Atalanta then play in the final game, so only one of those teams could get to 11 points.

If we lose to Ajax, we would have to beat Midtjylland in the final game to progress. But it’s still very much in Liverpool’s hands.

We actually only need a draw against Ajax. That would put us on 10 points, with Atalanta (assuming they beat Midtjylland) also on 10 and Ajax on 8. Ajax and Atalanta then play in the final game, so only one of those teams could get to 11 points.

If we lose to Ajax, we would have to beat Midtjylland in the final game to progress. But it’s still very much in Liverpool’s hands.

To add to this, if we draw with Ajax and then Ajax beat Atalanta, you could have a scenario where (if we somehow lose to Midtjylland) Ajax finishes on 11 points and Liverpool and Atalanta are both on 10 points. But Liverpool would get second spot due to the superior head-to-head record.

So a draw against Ajax will definitely see us through. A win would almost certainly secure top spot, though, which could be important.

What's the prognosis on Keita? Always seems to pick up a muscular injury whenever he gets a run of games going. Maybe he isn't cut out physically for the PL, plenty of teams in the Bundesliga would kill to have him on the books. Might be time to cash in on him this summer.

Swap him for Zakaria?

Jurg is working closely with the medical staff so he knows when he has to rotate, it sucks but the schedule and the injuries were bound to catch up to us in one of these games.
Luckily it's not one that might hurt us too badly I hope. Still in control of our own destiny in our group. Just gotta get some troops back.

Today shows that we absolutely must buy a CB on the 1st of Jan if we harbor any hopes of winning trophies. Rhys Williams & Nat Phillips have put in some decent performances but as this morning shoes just simply are not good enough at the end of the day. They need to be the players we use for the occasional rotation, not CB's we are relying on.

Not to want to pick on one player as the team performed poorly for various reasons (guys like Gini and Sadio must be knackered) so what's Origi's excuse for his lack of effort. He offered nothing,again. It feels like to me his attitude is, well I get paid no matter what and they don't play me anyway so why should I bother.
Also how's Taki going when Origi is used instead of him?

Anyone think Klopp gave the players an excuse to fail? Going on TV about Wednesday-Saturday fixtures may have caused a negative mindset.
Nah no way. Klopp might say stuff to pundits and interviewers but behind closed doors I'm absolutely certain he only ever expects the best, expects results and brings only positivity. It's why he is the best manager in the world. It was just an off game, with too many holes to be plugged and guys we usually rely on like Sadio, Gini, Mo etc just absolutely knackered.

Not to want to pick on one player as the team performed poorly for various reasons (guys like Gini and Sadio must be knackered) so what's Origi's excuse for his lack of effort. He offered nothing,again. It feels like to me his attitude is, well I get paid no matter what and they don't play me anyway so why should I bother.
Also how's Taki going when Origi is used instead of him?
Yeah I dont like to be overly negative on our players as I love them all but I did say in earlier posts that I just think Div despite his huge goals for us in the past is just not good enough. That was a real opportunity for him to say hey... I'm here, I can play too and score goals. He had a real chance to put in a big performance but he was just completely anonymous.

You have to take your opportunities, look at Shaq, every time he plays he just looks like it's his last ever football game as he puts EVERYTHING he can into every second he is on, sometimes when he is only on for a few minutes, he is looking to make an impact. That attitude recently got him rewarded as he broke back into the team and was playing before his injury. Origi doesnt seem to have that in him.

Concerning for Taki that he's not in front of Origi as well.

Oh and Neco Williams is going backwards alarmingly. I found myself not wanting us to pass to him in the game... that's bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Thiago ever be fit again?
Said this earlier. It's really annoying. We bought one of the very best midfielders on the planet and we dont get to see him play at all. I wanna see how good we can be with him pulling the strings, Fab protecting and Hendo holding everything together. Might have to wait til next season to see that midfield though with Fab playing CB all season this year.

If Thiago comes back and immediately gets injured again, I'll lose it.

If we can just get everyone healthy (bar VVD and JoGo) we can still win everything.

Mane Firmino Salah
Gini Hendo Thiago
Robbo Fab Matip TAA
Alisson

Adrian Tsimikas Phillips Keita Milner Ox Jota

That's still good enough for the treble. :cool:

We need another CB to win trophies.

In his defence Richarlison took him out with a dog of a tackle. I thought that Pickford’s tackle on VVD didn’t look as bad and he’s out for the season.

Really? Pickfords was way worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back