CP28

Debutant
Oct 23, 2008
SA
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Norwood, LFC
Not that you ever wanna lose, especially to the Manc flogs, but I wouldn't be too upset if we got bundled in the Cup. Mancs have no UCL to worry about so if they're out of the Cup their schedule looks alright, whereas I wouldn't be opposed to freeing ours up for decent runs (hopefully) in the league and UCL.

That said, I'd still prefer to roll them and ideally win the Cup, but not the end of the world if they get us imho.

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
Not that you ever wanna lose, especially to the Manc flogs, but I wouldn't be too upset if we got bundled in the Cup. Mancs have no UCL to worry about so if they're out of the Cup their schedule looks alright, whereas I wouldn't be opposed to freeing ours up for decent runs (hopefully) in the league and UCL.

That said, I'd still prefer to roll them and ideally win the Cup, but not the end of the world if they get us imho.

They'll take the Europa League somewhat seriously. A deep Europa League run is more taxing schedule wise than a deep UCL run because of the extra knockout round (which means two extra games). They've qualified for the UCL by winning the Europa League in the past.

CP28

Debutant
Oct 23, 2008
SA
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Norwood, LFC
They'll take the Europa League somewhat seriously. A deep Europa League run is more taxing schedule wise than a deep UCL run because of the extra knockout round (which means two extra games). They've qualified for the UCL by winning the Europa League in the past.

Yeah very possibly mate. However if they still head the Prem table or are thereabouts, maybe that will become their full focus? My bigger concern from the comment was our schedule. I know it would be nice to win every cup/comp, but we just don't bat deep enough in personnel I don't think, so throw the kitchen sink at the main two.

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
Yeah very possibly mate. However if they still head the Prem table or are thereabouts, maybe that will become their full focus? My bigger concern from the comment was our schedule. I know it would be nice to win every cup/comp, but we just don't bat deep enough in personnel I don't think, so throw the kitchen sink at the main two.

Everything being equal and everyone in other areas of the pitch being fit, we have a very deep midfield: Hendo, Wij, Thiago, Jones, Ox, Keita, Fabinho, perhaps Shaqiri and Minamino as well. We are also deep forward (Mane, Salah, Firmino, Jota, Origi, the aforementioned Shaqiri and Minamino). But we have three CBs and they are all injured.

Usually a big club shouldn't have to make an either/or decision about the FA Cup until the quarter finals. However, we keep drawing PL clubs while City drew the third lowest ranked club available.

I'd really like to see us win the FA Cup - it's the one that is missing. But I totally understand and support that out of the three remaining trophies on offer, it's third on the pecking order.

CP28

Debutant
Oct 23, 2008
SA
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Norwood, LFC
Everything being equal and everyone in other areas of the pitch being fit, we have a very deep midfield: Hendo, Wij, Thiago, Jones, Ox, Keita, Fabinho, perhaps Shaqiri and Minamino as well. We are also deep forward (Mane, Salah, Firmino, Jota, Origi, the aforementioned Shaqiri and Minamino). But we have three CBs and they are all injured.

Usually a big club shouldn't have to make an either/or decision about the FA Cup until the quarter finals. However, we keep drawing PL clubs while City drew the third lowest ranked club available.

I'd really like to see us win the FA Cup - it's the one that is missing. But I totally understand and support that out of the three remaining trophies on offer, it's third on the pecking order.

Fair points mate. Maybe after our shitful start to the season on the injury front I've just lost confidence that there's enough time to get the supporting cast fit and firing to make some big contributions for the remainder of the season. Amazing how much we've missed a first year (with us) player like Jota - He's the type of player Rafa needed all those years ago when we couldn't find the net against the lowly ranked bus-parkers.

Be interesting to see what the off-season holds for the likes of Div, Shaq, Ox and Taki - Feels like we've been carrying them for a while and I just don't think we can afford for that to continue, so it's almost shape up or ship out from here on.

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
Fair points mate. Maybe after our shitful start to the season on the injury front I've just lost confidence that there's enough time to get the supporting cast fit and firing to make some big contributions for the remainder of the season. Amazing how much we've missed a first year (with us) player like Jota - He's the type of player Rafa needed all those years ago when we couldn't find the net against the lowly ranked bus-parkers.

Be interesting to see what the off-season holds for the likes of Div, Shaq, Ox and Taki - Feels like we've been carrying them for a while and I just don't think we can afford for that to continue, so it's almost shape up or ship out from here on.

Surely Origi needs to leave for his own sake before his career is effectively over. Deserves a standing O whenever he returns to Anfield, and every time, but he needs to leave.

Minamino has been there for about 12 minutes and it's been, how you say, an eventful time in the world. Unless he desperately wants to leave, then he should be kept. Remember he was bought for 7.5 million - good squad player money. It's who he is.

Ox is English - let's see what the first Brexit transfer markets look like.

Shaqiri is of a class good enough to start most games for a team like Liverpool, but he's oft injured and can disappear in games. If he wants to leave I struggle to see how and why we would keep him, but IMO he is a grade above the other three mentioned. We probably also need a roster spot (and by that I mean the minutes to give him) for Harvey Elliott next season.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Some might be interested in this. My first listen to Nedums pod and it was a good one. No particular Liverpool content but a nice insight into Milner.

Milner along with Giggs & Barry are probably the most professional players in the EPL era. Do/did everything possible and play at 110% of their ability.

He is with us until the end of next season. Fuĺly expect him to join another club and keep going until 40 +. Amazing player & seems like a quality all round bloke. He was convinced Micah Richards created the boring james milner twitter account lol

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Listening to Gorst & Co on poetry in motion podcast it appears that Klopp has players he wants to sign at CB lined up but can't get Edwards & co on board to do a deal. Looks like it is leaving Klopp frustrated.

Klopp doesn't rate Phillips/Williams and has just sent VDB out on loan. Not good signs, if FSG don't allow a CB to be bought (apart from the 16 yo youth signing) they aren't serious about winning the title.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Surely Origi needs to leave for his own sake before his career is effectively over. Deserves a standing O whenever he returns to Anfield, and every time, but he needs to leave.

Minamino has been there for about 12 minutes and it's been, how you say, an eventful time in the world. Unless he desperately wants to leave, then he should be kept. Remember he was bought for 7.5 million - good squad player money. It's who he is.

Ox is English - let's see what the first Brexit transfer markets look like.

Shaqiri is of a class good enough to start most games for a team like Liverpool, but he's oft injured and can disappear in games. If he wants to leave I struggle to see how and why we would keep him, but IMO he is a grade above the other three mentioned. We probably also need a roster spot (and by that I mean the minutes to give him) for Harvey Elliott next season.

Origi is good enough to be a starting striker at a top 6 Ligue 1 club (PSG aside) or a lower level EPL team. I feel the club wouldn't stand in his way if a bid came in. Apparently we want 20m for him.

Klopp doesn't rate Phillips/Williams and has just sent VDB out on loan. Not good signs, if FSG don't allow a CB to be bought (apart from the 16 yo youth signing) they aren't serious about winning the title.

VDB is not even in the same league as Phillips and Williams.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.

I just wanna win everything. Treble still on and I always, no matter the circumstances want to beat United.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Listening to Gorst & Co on poetry in motion podcast it appears that Klopp has players he wants to sign at CB lined up but can't get Edwards & co on board to do a deal. Looks like it is leaving Klopp frustrated.

Who do we sign? It’s pretty hard to find a decent CB that someone is willing to release.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Who do we sign? It’s pretty hard to find a decent CB that someone is willing to release.

There's plenty that we've been linked to, worrying that it sounds like Klopp wants them but FSG do not want to do a deal because of financial concerns.

I just don't see how we can win a title with both first choice CB's out for the rest of the season and no replacement signed. I don't believe that has ever happened before, it would be a first.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
There's plenty that we've been linked to, worrying that it sounds like Klopp wants them but FSG do not want to do a deal because of financial concerns.

I just don't see how we can win a title with both first choice CB's out for the rest of the season and no replacement signed. I don't believe that has ever happened before, it would be a first.
You can’t win games without goals. If someone offered us close to 150m pounds for Salah at the end of the season I’d take it. He’s so wasteful in front of goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back