57 consecutive league home games unbeaten
24 consecutive league home wins
17/17 home league wins this season

57 consecutive league home games unbeaten
24 consecutive league home wins
17/17 home league wins this season

Also points dropped from winning positions this season: 0

Pre-VVD we’d bottle it all the time.

We use to think our keeping issues were down to Achterberg. It was just below par keepers lol
Yep, Reina into Mignolet into Karius howlers and we slayed the GK coach. Poor bastard. Was vitriolic at the time too
And he doesnt get any credit for the turnaround haha

Enough of this bullshit. You keep spouting it when the evidence clearly shows the opposite. It is up to Klopp who does not believe in signing players for the sake of signing players and FSG don't have anything to do with the day to day running and finances of the club. They delegate all that to people they trust to make the right decisions. Just because we aren't buying, it doesn't mean the funds aren't available. They have always made money available if Klopp wants it. They trust him to use the money wisely and buy players that can fit in and perform.

It's not bullshit, it's the truth. Liverpool is a penny watching club. That's what happens when your owners are tight asses. You trying to tell me Klopp didn't want Werner? The guy was banging down our door FFS and nothing happened. Yes we have the front 3 but how many times have we heard it, you build from a position of strength. If we signed Werner you may as well have given us next season's premier league trophy too. Liverpool did not build from a position of strength last summer because the owners watch the pennies, they did not do it with Werner and now I read that two clubs could ambush for Thiago because these two clubs know Liverpool watches the pennies. How many times are we going to have the rug pulled from under our feet? And thwere was Werner, banging down our ******* door for crying out loud. FSG may not be leaches like the Glazers are with United, in that they don't take money out of the club, but FFS they are penny watchers. Becker and Dijk were our last two big signings, and that came from the Coutinho money. FSG have invested here and there, and with the stadium, but they know an increased Anfield capacity will bump up the selling price when they are ready to sell, it's a ROI decision to invest in Anfield. One of the FSG directors is part of Liverpool's management so you are wrong when you said FSG don't have anything to do with the day to day running and finances of the club.

It's not bullshit, it's the truth. Liverpool is a penny watching club. That's what happens when your owners are tight asses. You trying to tell me Klopp didn't want Werner? The guy was banging down our door FFS and nothing happened. Yes we have the front 3 but how many times have we heard it, you build from a position of strength. If we signed Werner you may as well have given us next season's premier league trophy too. Liverpool did not build from a position of strength last summer because the owners watch the pennies, they did not do it with Werner and now I read that two clubs could ambush for Thiago because these two clubs know Liverpool watches the pennies. How many times are we going to have the rug pulled from under our feet? And thwere was Werner, banging down our ******* door for crying out loud. FSG may not be leaches like the Glazers are with United, in that they don't take money out of the club, but FFS they are penny watchers. Becker and Dijk were our last two big signings, and that came from the Coutinho money. FSG have invested here and there, and with the stadium, but they know an increased Anfield capacity will bump up the selling price when they are ready to sell, it's a ROI decision to invest in Anfield. One of the FSG directors is part of Liverpool's management so you are wrong when you said FSG don't have anything to do with the day to day running and finances of the club.
There is (or was) a lot of financial uncertainty with TV money and the like due to corona. We can't go splashing big sums without an assurance that the funds are there.

There is (or was) a lot of financial uncertainty with TV money and the like due to corona. We can't go splashing big sums without an assurance that the funds are there.

I understand about the uncertainty but what about a little contribution from the owners?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand about the uncertainty but what about a little contribution from the owners?
I questioned FSG while we were crap, but their track record the last few years has bought them time with me. If they think the squad can compete without an incoming transfer for 6-12 months, then I'm fine with it.

Could possibly open a door for any of Minamino, Jones, Williams, Wilson, Grujic, Brewster, Elliott, Hoever etc

You're just one of those people that will never be satisfied no matter what. It's a real shame and I feel a bit sorry for you.

They funded the main stand / new training ground with an intetest free loan and will do the same for the Anfield Rd end redevelopment (postponed for 12 months). They are prepared to put their own money into infrastructure and let the club fund itself for transfers. IMO they have the balance just right. Not a vanity project like other clubs and not absolute tight arses either.

They funded the main stand / new training ground with an intetest free loan and will do the same for the Anfield Rd end redevelopment (postponed for 12 months). They are prepared to put their own money into infrastructure and let the club fund itself for transfers. IMO they have the balance just right. Not a vanity project like other clubs and not absolute tight arses either.

I acknowledged they invest here and there, but I also stated why they are funding the Anfield redevelopment. Selling a football club with a 60,000 seat capacity will yield more returns than selling a club with a stadium that has 50,000 capacity. They are not the tightest of tight asses, but if we don't improve the list in the coming window then my mind will be made up that they are indeed tight asses. We can't go another season with the same front three. We need to bolster and Origi, as much as I love him, is best used as a sub when we need an X factor. He is not at his best when he plays from the first whistle.

Under normal circumstances I'd say going 2 years without a major transfer is unusual but we're not in normal circumstances. No one really knows the full financial affects of COVID which will probably linger into the new season. Man U and Spurs have borrowed squillions, I'm fine with that. I'd prefer we don't take unnecessary risks.

I acknowledged they invest here and there, but I also stated why they are funding the Anfield redevelopment. Selling a football club with a 60,000 seat capacity will yield more returns than selling a club with a stadium that has 50,000 capacity. They are not the tightest of tight asses, but if we don't improve the list in the coming window then my mind will be made up that they are indeed tight asses. We can't go another season with the same front three. We need to bolster and Origi, as much as I love him, is best used as a sub when we need an X factor. He is not at his best when he plays from the first whistle.
I do find it strange that you dislike our owners considering they saved us from oblivion and then we have won the Super Cup, CWC, European Cup and the Engligh Premier League. Just seems weird to be mad at them at this point.

I do find it strange that you dislike our owners considering they saved us from oblivion and then we have won the Super Cup, CWC, European Cup and the Engligh Premier League. Just seems weird to be mad at them at this point.
I don’t see it as hating our owners. I thought it was a pretty obvious decision to bolster the squad when Werner was ripe for the picking. He wasn’t even that expensive either. That’s the only signing I wanted.

I don’t see it as hating our owners. I thought it was a pretty obvious decision to bolster the squad when Werner was ripe for the picking. He wasn’t even that expensive either. That’s the only signing I wanted.
Covid has hit every club. It's smart to not be making massive purchases right now in such an uncertain time. Particularly considering we are at the top so we can probably wind it back one more season.

I get that it's frustrating, I wanted us to get Werner too and I want us to bolster the squad but you just have to trust FSG and Klopp right now. They havent steered us wrong yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back