Not open for further replies.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Covid has hit every club. It's smart to not be making massive purchases right now in such an uncertain time. Particularly considering we are at the top so we can probably wind it back one more season.

I get that it's frustrating, I wanted us to get Werner too and I want us to bolster the squad but you just have to trust FSG and Klopp right now. They havent steered us wrong yet.
They haven’t but on the team front this failure to buy Werner could cost us the EPL next season. Our ability to score goals away from home has been diabolical.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
They haven’t but on the team front this failure to buy Werner could cost us the EPL next season. Our ability to score goals away from home has been diabolical.

which could be solved by adding a classy mid who can unlock defences maybe...

I'd love Thiago - but come August with 10 months left on his deal not for 30 million.

Maybe a cash plus Shaqiri deal seeing Perisic is either going back to Inter (he's on loan at Bayern) or coming here to EPL - younger replacement for them

Venkman

Club Legend
Jul 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Seattle Supersonics
I think this rumor has legs, there's that interview a few years back where Klopp is talking about Baby Keith and saying he was one of the mids going around after Thiago and as much as we might like Keith he's basically on the cusp of being a flop. Thigo doesn't fit the FSG profile but he basically comes right in and hopefully makes the front three even more productive - probably the one thing we legitimately need.

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
I think this rumor has legs, there's that interview a few years back where Klopp is talking about Baby Keith and saying he was one of the mids going around after Thiago and as much as we might like Keith he's basically on the cusp of being a flop. Thigo doesn't fit the FSG profile but he basically comes right in and hopefully makes the front three even more productive - probably the one thing we legitimately need.
keith

Whilst we are 4th for away goals scored, we are 10 points clear on away form. 5 of the 10 points we dropped was during empty stadium games when the league was pretty much wrapped up.
1594096207774.png

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Whilst we are 4th for away goals scored, we are 10 points clear on away form. 5 of the 10 points we dropped was during empty stadium games when the league was pretty much wrapped up.
View attachment 907719
Look, I know we can’t win everything in a season. However, doesn’t it worry you that teams with the great defensive coaches that sting you on the counter such as Atletico Madrid, Napoli (previously with Ancelotti) and now Everton seem to be able to draw against us at will. Atletico Madrid should never had been able to knock us out of CL. Aston Villa should have at least drawn against us except for terrible finishing.

Look, I know we can’t win everything in a season. However, doesn’t it worry you that teams with the great defensive coaches that sting you on the counter such as Atletico Madrid, Napoli (previously with Ancelotti) and now Everton seem to be able to draw against us at will. Atletico Madrid should never had been able to knock us out of CL. Aston Villa should have at least drawn against us except for terrible finishing.
Our youth team beat a full strength Everton in the FA Cup. We also beat Napoli last season on our way to winning the CL. The Atleti game was down to big errors from our backup keeper.

Steven Gerrard

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Melbourn Victory, 49ers
I questioned FSG while we were crap, but their track record the last few years has bought them time with me. If they think the squad can compete without an incoming transfer for 6-12 months, then I'm fine with it.

Could possibly open a door for any of Minamino, Jones, Williams, Wilson, Grujic, Brewster, Elliott, Hoever etc

Mate track record with what? TAA was through the academy. Robertson was 8 mill. Mane and Salah, what, 15 to 30 mill each? Dijk and Becker from the Coutinho money. What track record? That's all Klopp and Edwards, and they have had to be smart because we're not big spenders. Again, the owners.

Things are good now but things can change very quickly. If Werner stars in the Premier League, I will put my house on the fact we will be reminded of it often. Expect memes galore and pundits asking WTF were Liverpool thinking? Not signing Werner was bad business. FSG could have helped out but the *en tight asses would rather save their pennies.

Believe me, I hope I'm wrong.

Steven Gerrard

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I do find it strange that you dislike our owners considering they saved us from oblivion and then we have won the Super Cup, CWC, European Cup and the Engligh Premier League. Just seems weird to be mad at them at this point.

Mate I don't hate them. I'm annoyed with our penny watching ways. Things are good now but they can turn very quickly. If Werner helps in winning the league for Chelsea in the next 5 years, everyone won't let us forget it. And how long can we go without bolstering? Nothing last season. I doubt anything this season nothing will please me more than being proven wrong.

Steven Gerrard

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I don’t see it as hating our owners. I thought it was a pretty obvious decision to bolster the squad when Werner was ripe for the picking. He wasn’t even that expensive either. That’s the only signing I wanted.

Here *en here. Finally someone who gets it. Man it doesnt take a genius to know that if we signed Werner we would almost be guaranteed to breakdown any defence or bus in world football and the *en tight ass owners didn't want a bar of it. They bought a football club in the premier league FFS, start acting like a premier league club owner and put your hands in your pockets. Otherwise * off and sell us to a bottomless pitt owner like City's or PSG.

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Here fu**en here. Finally someone who gets it. Man it doesnt take a genius to know that if we signed Werner we would almost be guaranteed to breakdown any defence or bus in world football and the fu**en tight ass owners didn't want a bar of it. They bought a football club in the premier league FFS, start acting like a premier league club owner and put your hands in your pockets. Otherwise fu** off and sell us to a bottomless pitt owner like City's or PSG.
Werner looks good but he isn't the be all and end all. What makes him more capable of breaking down a defense than any of our other front three?

Otherwise fu** off and sell us to a bottomless pitt owner like City's or PSG.
Lol this is a bit unhinged. They're not exactly Mike Ashley or the Glazers and a bottomless pit hasn't delivered PSG anything but domestic domination in a league where the next best for buying power is about Everton level. Ownership is more than just the transfer budget.

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Things are good now but things can change very quickly. If Werner stars in the Premier League, I will put my house on the fact we will be reminded of it often. Expect memes galore and pundits asking WTF were Liverpool thinking? Not signing Werner was bad business. FSG could have helped out but the fu**en tight asses would rather save their pennies.

Yeah mate FSG are not fit for purpose because they failed to address the potential issue of opposition fans creating "memes galore" on the internet.

Will someone please think of the memes.

Mate track record with what? TAA was through the academy. Robertson was 8 mill. Mane and Salah, what, 15 to 30 mill each? Dijk and Becker from the Coutinho money. What track record? That's all Klopp and Edwards, and they have had to be smart because we're not big spenders. Again, the owners.

Things are good now but things can change very quickly. If Werner stars in the Premier League, I will put my house on the fact we will be reminded of it often. Expect memes galore and pundits asking WTF were Liverpool thinking? Not signing Werner was bad business. FSG could have helped out but the fu**en tight asses would rather save their pennies.

Believe me, I hope I'm wrong.
The shape the club is in on and off the field and how it's improved/evolved is their track record. It's all under their watch.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Here fu**en here. Finally someone who gets it. Man it doesnt take a genius to know that if we signed Werner we would almost be guaranteed to breakdown any defence or bus in world football and the fu**en tight ass owners didn't want a bar of it. They bought a football club in the premier league FFS, start acting like a premier league club owner and put your hands in your pockets. Otherwise fu** off and sell us to a bottomless pitt owner like City's or PSG.
I believe that FSG made a mistake by not paying a miserly fee for Werner. However, I can’t agree with this last bit.

Steven Gerrard

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The shape the club is in on and off the field and how it's improved/evolved is their track record. It's all under their watch.

They were resucitating at the beginning, surgery if you like, but if we want to go the next level, we need to start thinking bigger. Have you seen United's front 3? They are all circa 24 and look at the goals they have scored. What are we, circa 27 in age? In 3 years things will look markedly diffetent if we don't start upgrading NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back