The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was Alisson’s contact after the Burnley player had kicked it deemed a penalty but Mane having his legs chopped out from underneath him not?

Because Liverpool.

I don't think I have ever seen our crosses be so poor. Trent would have crossed it 20+ times and they were all s**t. He could have had another 50 and still been s**t. Robbo's are no better either. We would have to be the easiest team in the league to defend against right now. We are so predictable it is not even funny. Pass backwards and sideways until we get the ball out wide and cross it. We never look like trying anything else unless we are on the break.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
As much as you like to deny it, desire drops once a target is attained. Even if only by 2%, that could be all it takes...
If that’s the case then you sell those who you suspect have slackened off the most. Professional sportsmen shouldn’t slacken off after one EPL title and one CL trophy. We might as well cash in on Salah and Firmino and buy Koulibaly and Jadon Sancho.
I’d play Minamino instead of Firmino atm.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
I forgot the game was on this morning and in any case was flat out working until now. Just watched the mini match.

Performance not good enough, referee mistakes not an excuse here. Squad needs a freshen up and I see a hint of frusteation from Fab that he is having to turn out at CB constantly.

IMO if we dont sign a CB we are going to miss out on top 4. Our team is out of balance and it is starting to bite.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Is anyone surprised? The team has been around for a best part of 3-5 years. It has reached the ceiling. Time for new recruits, game plan. Klopp has to change something.
Salah probably will ask for a transfer soon.

BuddyHawk

Senior List
Mar 17, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
While our play in the final third has been poor, there is an element of bad luck at play, too - with the number of shots we've taken and the amount of possession in and around the box during the past 5 games, you'd expect at some point a loose ball will spill to someone on the edge of the six-yard box, or a shot will deflect in off a defender's leg, or a defender will make a mistake. We got the mistake this morning from Mee, but unfortunately it fell to a player (Origi) who's always been erratic with his finishing.

It's worth remembering that in two of our better performances this season - the 3-0 over Leicester and the 4-0 over Wolves - we broke the deadlock with an own goal and an error. Those bits of good fortune forced the opposition to come out and play, and we're devastating when we have space.

As hideous as the recent run has been, I feel we're only a goal or two away from the confidence returning and the goals starting to flow. A bunch of upcoming games against teams (in the EPL and UCL) who will try to take the game to us isn't necessarily a bad thing, either.

The bad news is that I think the title is done, as City are playing well and have close to a full squad to choose from, now they've got most of the COVID-crew back. The aim from here needs to be top 4 and a deep Champions League run.

Salah probably will ask for a transfer soon.
I can't see FSG splashing money on a CB, CM and Striker in the summer without accepting a big bid for Salah to be honest.

It's possible we go into next season with a front 3 of Jota-New ST-Mane, with Firmino, Shaq, Minamino and Elliott as backups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like Jurg is pretty pissed off that he can't get a CB

Not even a short term cheap one like Ragnar Klavan? Not even a loan?

Yeah not sure how we can't just deregister Adrian and then loan someone in.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

Sounds like Jurg is pretty pissed off that he can't get a CB

Not even a short term cheap one like Ragnar Klavan? Not even a loan?

I have been saying this for weeks.

Why we didnt attempt a loan deal for Tomori from Chelsea is baffling.

Unbelievable that we havent secured any CB. It is effectively giving up on the title. There was no way we were going to win the title with our first choice partnership out for the season and backup who pulls a muscle every 3 games.

FSG dont get much wrong but this is one of their biggest mistakes. Hopefully they see sense before the window closes.

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
I have been saying this for weeks.

Why we didnt attempt a loan deal for Tomori from Chelsea is baffling.

Unbelievable that we havent secured any CB. It is effectively giving up on the title. There was no way we were going to win the title with our first choice partnership out for the season and backup who pulls a muscle every 3 games.

FSG dont get much wrong but this is one of their biggest mistakes. Hopefully they see sense before the window closes.

Loan deals aren't even that expensive, besides, these guys are billionaire hedge fund dudes, they likely increased their wealth during COVID like all the other 1%

They have backed Jurgen for his whole reign but this one time where we actually have a crisis and they don't back him

That's after the whole furlough thing as well, FSG have not done well this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back