The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're only a couple of points out of the top four, and it's West Ham we would be chasing. Grab all three v Chelsea later this week and we can hunt the Hammers down...

We need the following results to happen.

Beat Chelsea.
West Ham to drop points vs Leeds.
Everton to lose to West Brom.
Villa to drop points vs Sheff Utd and Wolves, or lose 1.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I think we should give youth as much of a go as possible this season and focus on CL. Although I don't see how we can win that unless we somehow magically get Virg back in the later stages assuming we get past RB Leipzig.
What youth exactly? We dont have top emd youbg talent needing a game. Our two standout products of recent years are now first team players in Jones and TAA.

What youth exactly? We dont have top emd youbg talent needing a game. Our two standout products of recent years are now first team players in Jones and TAA.

Nobody really deserves a go. I’d have Leyton Stewart over Origi on the bench at this stage, but I doubt that happens.

We are about to get Jota back and also will probs buy a striker to replace Origi in the summer.

Team for Chelsea

Alisson
TAA - Kabak - Fabinho - Robbo
Thiago - Wij - Jones
Salah - Firmino - Mane

Adrian, Milner, Phillips, N Williams, Keita, Ox, Jota, Origi, Shaq.

Starting to look OK.
Still not convinced with Kabak in the air. If Chelsea start Giroud, I'd have Nat Phillips in.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Kabak is only 20 but the early impressions are Lovren 2.0. Already made some absolute howlers and lacking composure. Glad he's only a loanee.

Yes, less than convincing so far. Is Davies getting a go? Starting CB in the Championship. Surely gets ahead of Phillips who is our 7th choice CB realistically.

Yes, less than convincing so far. Is Davies getting a go? Starting CB in the Championship. Surely gets ahead of Phillips who is our 7th choice CB realistically.
It's possible that Klopp goes with Phillips ahead of Davies until the end of the season, and then we lose Phillips on a free, and Davies becomes that 2nd div standard CB backup with a pre-season under his belt.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
RIP Ian St John. Was a very good player for Liverpool and Scotland. I grew up watching Saint and Greavsie on the telly. 82 is a decent innings but who would have predicted that his mate Jimmy Greaves would outlive him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back