The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed obviously with the result this morning. Compared to the way we have raced through the premier league, we have struggled in the champions league. The killer is having to wait until 12 March for the return leg. Obviously consolidating our lead in the premier league will keep us all occupied until then but man I want us to beat those dirty pukes pretty badly.

Looks like maths isn't the BBC's strong suit.

Spurs have 12 games left. They are on 40 points. They win every game and they finish on 76 points. We are currently on 76 points.
BBC's maths is fine, Chelsea will finish on 74pts.

Disappointed obviously with the result this morning. Compared to the way we have raced through the premier league, we have struggled in the champions league. The killer is having to wait until 12 March for the return leg. Obviously consolidating our lead in the premier league will keep us all occupied until then but man I want us to beat those dirty pukes pretty badly.
Itā€™s one of those expected things with being European champions. Okay with it. Itā€™s only 1 nil. Atletico carrying on like they won the freaking Champions League. They have loss twice in the final to their superior brothers Real Madrid. How sad. Bring them to Anfield.
A disaster wouldā€™ve been 3 nil like Barca. Can play EPL, rest players here and there and get players up to form.
Mane subbed at half time was a great move tbh. Far out the tactics were pathetic. We ll need him for Anfield. Itā€™s a loss we had to have, in some ways

When Salah won that ball off that Atletico Madrid player without even touching him and he takes a dive that Greg Louganis wouldā€™ve been proud of. * me dead the ref gives a free kick. I nearly punched the screen ffs.
Today has been a campaigner of a day. Lets just say that not losing in a while and then the eventual loss stung more than I thought it would.

Not having any praises for Atletico, the way they go about their football is all the bad stuff I don't like about the sport

Don't mind losing to City or PSG or the likes, they play football the right way. Hate losing to sides that park the bus from the 5th min then dive, roll, kick and time waste

Not sure about PSG, Neymar is literally the poster boy for all the things you mentioned. I know what you mean though teams that play attacking, positive football. The truth is every team does it, a big game when the score is going your way it's just part of the game and there is a dark art to it. It becomes more apparent when a "smaller" team has a lead against a "bigger" team but even big teams do it, we saw how Barcelona carried on once they had the lead against us at the Nou Camp.

Just watched the replay. Fuming. Very reminiscent of Napoli. Not used to this losing lark.

It's been a couple of anonymous Wijnaldum performances in a row now, which means a boss performance is probably right around the corner.

It's been a lot more than a couple. Started the season on fire but has been slowly tapering off since Christmas. He can sit on the bench for now.

Going by Norwich and this morning, the break has been a problem and killed our momentum.

Nail.On.Head.

I hope Klopp is happy he got his winter break because we've looked a shadow of our normal selves since returning.

A masterclass from Simeone. We never looked like scoring. On the flipside a rare off day for Jurg. Subbing Mane because he was afraid of getting a red? That's gutless and pathetic. What was almost as bad was directly swapping him for Origi. Origi is not a winger's a-hole. He's there for when teams play a high line and we put him through the middle, e.g Barca,Everton.

Subbing Salah? Really? When we're losing Mo should NEVER be subbed no matter how quiet he's been.

Trent's distribution against Norwich was terrible and I assumed it was a one-off. Obviously not. Clearly he is one who has particularly suffered from the winter break.

Fabinho, ******* wake up! Their goal was a classic example of a player not anticipating and being caught flat footed.

Anyways still pretty confident we can turn it around at Anfield, just cross fingers for Hendo's recovery. Rant over.

Just not a fan of the Fab/Hendo/Gini midfield, no surprises that we played our best football when one of Ox or Naby were starting

If Atletico is called Stoke we wouldn't be able to tell the difference tbh

Oh come on, that has been the starting midfield for the majority of our wins. I agree that an Ox/Keita add a different dimension that would have been helpful in that game, but that midfield has been the bedrock of our success over the last 18 months.

Oh come on, that has been the starting midfield for the majority of our wins. I agree that an Ox/Keita add a different dimension that would have been helpful in that game, but that midfield has been the bedrock of our success over the last 18 months.

There are situations that call for that midfield but not yesterday

Our form was patchy pre December with that midfield when we were grinding out wins, but in Dec when Fab got injured, our midfield was much more balanced and no surprises our performances improved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst one was later in the game where one of their players reached out and blocked a pass down their left wing. Not sure if the ref gave advantage but in any case there was none. No yellow for their player and Jurg got booked in the aftermath.

You can look at us having double the numbers in the box, but you can't really account for a lucky deflection. We should have defended it better but s**t happens.
The more interesting thing I thought is the extent that they set up to defend even when attacking

Gini should start at Anfield
He is the reverse Firmino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back