The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we make of the Keita performance this morning? He did a couple of good things, but was too anonymous for mine, making Fabinho work hard to cover for him too many times, and not offering himself often enough to receive the ball and make those runs at their defence.

I truly thought this was the match for him to grab the bull by the horn and put in a MOTM type of performance and then have a sustained run with the absence of Hendo.

Instead he's probably given up his spot to Ox.

He certainly had the opportunity to shine. Because of how they were playing Noble to shut down Fabinho's space, Keita did have space to run into with the ball towards the middle of the park, and did so on at least one occasion. But the game got away from him. I would have been happy to see either he or Wijnaldum off for Ox, despite Wij's goal. But Ox was a definite improvement on Keita when he came on.

The frustrating thing for me about Keita is I feel he could really get some consistency to his game, but whenever he looks to be putting it together he gets injured and misses six weeks.

I've liked Ox as a CM for some time. I think he helps unlock Salah's potential on that right side. I like a midfield of Wij/Fab/Ox for the weekend, with the FA Cup perhaps looking completely different (Lallana/Keita/Chirivella with Milner at FB and Jones up front next to Origi and Minamino would be my suggestion).

There’s always excuses when it comes to Keita because the talent is obvious and we’ve seen flashes, but truth is he’s just not performed well enough consistently enough. He’s a good player but when it comes to the crunch I’d pick Ox every time.

Ox is the guy, his output has been criminally underrated. Such a good player for how we play.

There’s always excuses when it comes to Keita because the talent is obvious and we’ve seen flashes, but truth is he’s just not performed well enough consistently enough. He’s a good player but when it comes to the crunch I’d pick Ox every time.

Ox is the guy, his output has been criminally underrated. Such a good player for how we play.

Sounds like an Ox-files post 😀

Naby's form before injury was fire, some fans just seem to love sticking the boot in him, he is having problems but the talent is obviously there and Jurg will keep working it out

Both he and Ox have stepped up at different stages this season, happy to rotate between the two

Was never in doubt

Naby played too deep, he should be playing further forward, but Gini was more advanced than him most times. Ox came on and we played 4-4-2 which changed the game against that almighty bus Moyes parked
He certainly had the opportunity to shine. Because of how they were playing Noble to shut down Fabinho's space, Keita did have space to run into with the ball towards the middle of the park, and did so on at least one occasion. But the game got away from him. I would have been happy to see either he or Wijnaldum off for Ox, despite Wij's goal. But Ox was a definite improvement on Keita when he came on.

The frustrating thing for me about Keita is I feel he could really get some consistency to his game, but whenever he looks to be putting it together he gets injured and misses six weeks.

I've liked Ox as a CM for some time. I think he helps unlock Salah's potential on that right side. I like a midfield of Wij/Fab/Ox for the weekend, with the FA Cup perhaps looking completely different (Lallana/Keita/Chirivella with Milner at FB and Jones up front next to Origi and Minamino would be my suggestion).

I need to watch the game again tonight,but it seems to me that this a guy lacking in confidence. His forte is driving forward and i thought he could also unlock Salah's potential with his deft flicks etc. Oh well.

I need to watch the game again tonight,but it seems to me that this a guy lacking in confidence. His forte is driving forward and i thought he could also unlock Salah's potential with his deft flicks etc. Oh well.

Naby's linking with Mo two months ago were unbelievable, they kept setting each other up

People have bad games all the time, with Hendo out we'll be needing both Naby and Ox, a lot

Memories of those years when we could beat the top 4, then a West Ham come to town and Trevor Sinclair equalises in the dying minutes. We know this team is better than what we had back then, but it was feeling like the bad old days there for a bit.

My missus seriously lucky I'm not bringing home divorce papers tonight. Informs me in the 80th minute I need to take the kids to school, like WTF?!?! Priorities girl!! Hook the Optus coverage up to the Speaker to listen in the shower and in the 91st minute she switches it off. If they'd equalised it could have been 10 years of marriage down the drain. Stressful morning 🙆‍♂️

Think what your missus did was bad? Mine said "come on we got to go" as she waited by the door with key in hand 30 seconds before the PSO was about to start in Istanbul in 2005. Women!

Saw this. Bit of a long read, hopefully you won't get too bored by it. :D

UPDATED AFTER MATCHDAY 27

*The 3-2 win over West Ham means Liverpool have beaten Man Citys record of 20 consecutive home wins in the Premier League
*The win also improved the Premier League record for most points over 38 consecutive Premier League games, from 108 to 110 points. That's 110 out of a possible 114! Only two teams that have taken points off Liverpool over the past 38 games are incidentally Man Utd (A) and Everton (A)
*Liverpool equalled Man Citys record off 18 consecutive wins in the Premier League
*Trent Alexander-Arnold equalled his own record of assist by a defender in one season; 12

-----------------------------

NEW RECORDS:
Most consecutive home wins: 21 (Liverpool) and counting
Previous record: 20 (Man City)

Most points over 38 consecutive Premier League games: 110/114 (Liverpool)
If Liverpool keep winning, this will be improved to 112 points after Liverpool – Bournemouth 07.03.20

Most manager of the month awards in a season: 5 (Jurgen Klopp, Liverpool – 2019/20) and counting
Previous record: 4 (Pep Guardiola, Man City)

----------------------------

EQUALLED RECORDS:
Most consecutive wins: 18 (Man City & Liverpool)
Liverpool: 18 and counting

Most assists by a defender in a season: Trent Alexander-Arnold with 12 (2018/19 & 2019/20)

----------------------------
POTENTIAL NEW RECORDS:

Biggest title-winning margin: 19 points (Man City)
Liverpool currently: 22

Most points in a season: 100 (Man City ~ game average 2.63 points)
Liverpool currently: 79 (Game average 2.93 points)

Most home points in a season: 55 (Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea – lost 2 points)
Liverpool currently: 42 (lost 0 points)

Most home wins in a season: 18/19 (Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea)
Liverpool currently: 14/14 (last 5 games; Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, Burnley & Chelsea)

Most away point in a season: 50 (Man City – lost 7 points)
Liverpool currently: 37 (lost 2 points)

Most away wins in a season: 16/19 (Man City)
Liverpool currently: 12/13 (last 6 games; Watford, Everton, Man City, Brighton, Arsenal & Newcastle)

Most wins in a season: 32/38 (Man City)
Liverpool currently: 26/27

Most consecutive away wins: 11 (Chelsea, Man City)
Liverpool currently: 8

Fewest away goals conceded in a season: 9 (Chelsea 2004/5)
Liverpool currently: 6

Longest unbeaten run: 49 (Arsenal)
Liverpool currently: 44

Longest unbeaten away run: 27 (Arsenal)
Liverpool currently: 21

Most consecutive manager of the month awards: 4 (Pep Guardiola, Man City – 2017/18)
Liverpool currently: 3

The earliest a team has won the Premier League: Matchday 33 / 14th april
To beat the record; be 19(or more) points ahead after matchday 32, Add an additional 3 points to every earlier matchday (i.e 22 points after matchday 31)

If you were to wear a " I love FFP and Uefa " jersey, whilst sitting in the opposition stand amongst the Blue Loonys , i would be seriously impressed. :thumbsu:
You may not get out alive, but i would be impressed.

Menories of the lads who sat in the Stretford end at the Europa tie a few years back.

Crazy dudes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do we make of the Keita performance this morning? He did a couple of good things, but was too anonymous for mine, making Fabinho work hard to cover for him too many times, and not offering himself often enough to receive the ball and make those runs at their defence.

I truly thought this was the match for him to grab the bull by the horn and put in a MOTM type of performance and then have a sustained run with the absence of Hendo.

Instead he's probably given up his spot to Ox.
It's back and forth. Ox gave up his spot by being anonymous in the first place and Keita coming off the bench and impressing. Now the roles were reversed. Keita being a bit average and Ox coming on and changing the game.

One of them needs to grab this spot!

Ox is far more influential in a midfield three than a front three. I agree his output has far outweighed Keita's but we all know a footballer when we see one and Naby is definitely a footballer.

But for what we spent he needs to push more and find his best form. This is his second season with us now and he is yet too establish himself in the side. Needs to happen soon or we might have to look at moving him on.

It's back and forth. Ox gave up his spot by being anonymous in the first place and Keita coming off the bench and impressing. Now the roles were reversed. Keita being a bit average and Ox coming on and changing the game.

Werner comes and problems solved

On top of that Ox came on with fresh legs and a clear instruction - Attack. Liverpool were 1-2 down and they needed someone to change things up.

If Ox had have started the exact opposite could have happened - Naby comes on and changes things up.

Naby is not the reason Liverpool went 1-2 down.

One average game - move on. It was only 3 or so weeks ago Fabinho was playing like a busted arse. Naby was no where near that bad.

ESPN fc, are Liverpool trying to get to the title to quick, umm, good laugh, this is awesome.

ESPN fc, are Liverpool trying to get to the title to quick, umm, good laugh, this is awesome.

ESPN FC is one of the worst "analytical" shows going around. There experts carry on like they are in a pub and provide no insight IMO. They just say the most obvious and predictable things. A team wins, they are great, they lose and they suck.
I have to keep in mind that it's produced in America with a US audience in mind so perhaps that's why they carry on so much to appeal to that type of demographic.

Bring back the glory days of Soccernet, Derek Rae and Tommy Smyth the angry little Irishman

ESPN FC is one of the worst "analytical" shows going around. There experts carry on like they are in a pub and provide no insight IMO. They just say the most obvious and predictable things. A team wins, they are great, they lose and they suck.
I have to keep in mind that it's produced in America with a US audience in mind so perhaps that's why they carry on so much to appeal to that type of demographic.

Bring back the glory days of Soccernet, Derek Rae and Tommy Smyth the angry little Irishman
Spot on, tommy smiff with a y. The ex Chelsea defender infuriates me

* Tommy Smyth. I couldn't stand that campaigner. He is a massive United fan and shat on us at every opportunity. I would have loved to have punted that campaigners head into the back of the old onion bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back