The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabinho, Matip and Lovren were all diabolical. No one played well outside of Chirivella for about 20 minutes. Shrewsbury deserved more than a replay in all honesty. Shockingly complacent performance.
Yeah those three in particular were awful. Lovren with one of those old classic Lovren mistakes that gifts them their second goal. Fabinho looked like he was moving in mud and Matip looked ridiculously rusty.

Got nothing from Elliot or Jones outside of his goal. Chirivella the only one I thought played ok. Origi wasn't involved at all. Thought Minamino battled hard without much help.

Williams was okish and Larouci was average. The pen not really his fault as he was trying to cover the poor central defenders.

I don't like this.

I get Klopp comes from Germany and doesn't understand our fixtures and no Xmas break etc... but that's just the way it is in England.

With Matip and Lovren back now you can easily play them in the return fixture. Games for Milner, Shaq, Minamino, Origi, Keita... guys who aren't playing enough for the first team can get a game.

It shows too much disrespect to a great competition like the FA Cup.

What do you think of this then? I saw this interesting POV regarding Mbappe.

If LFC sign Nike's highest profile football star they would have him pushing LFC gear,which would be built in to his contract. Nike could quite conceivably give Mbappe extra money to what they already pay him and it's still a marketing wet dream.

Certainly when compared to the notion of him wearing Adidas made Real Madrid kits in majority of photos and videos of him.

Or this one. .

"Salary at PSG 300 k a week from them plus 50k a week from Nike (poor league, limited visibility) total 350k a week.

Salary at Real 250k a week from them plus 75k a week from Nike (higher profile but Nike don't get to have him in Real gear and Adidas get to show him off in promotion material, a rival) total 325k a week.

Salary at Liverpool 200k a week from us plus 150k a week from Nike (highest profile competitions, spearheading the LFC extended range they'll be doing, in LFC clothing adverts with other celebs and so on) total of 350k a week.

No idea what the numbers would actually be but I can picture a situation where he takes less from us but ends up on similar or even greater combined salary because of the Nike situation."

Jurgen extends his contract to let prospective players know he is staying. Gives any prospective players an assurance that he is committed to his project and that they will play under him.
The timing of his announcement reinforces that.
He has said as much.
Surely he is telling the footballing world (Mbappe :) ) i'm here, come and join the best team in the world.

But seriously whether that is Mbappe or others like Werner ,Havertz nobody knows.

We shall see.
You’ve sold it to me! 😃

When is the replay?

Jurgen Klopp has vowed to “respect” the forthcoming Premier League winter break and not be present with Liverpool prepared to play their youngsters in their FA Cup replay with Shrewsbury Town.

The Reds threw away a two-goal lead when they were held 2-2 at the League One side in their fourth-round tie on Sunday.

The Anfield replay is scheduled to take place the week after next – in the middle of the period the Premier League have set aside for their first winter break, with Liverpool without a game on the weekend of February 8.

All that game did was show we need to buy another decent CB over the summer as Lovren will always be flaky.

Not sure about rolling out an under 23 side in the replay, I doubt that gets it done. Neco Williams only real positive out of that game for mine, and Adrian kept us in it.

Minamino clearly needs some time to adjust to the tempo and physicality of English football, imagine he doesn’t start against West Ham mid week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Klopp orchestrating some cash for minnow clubs

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Made up for Shrewsbury. Replays still suck though. Better solution is to guarantee lower league teams home ground advantage in the 3rd / 4th rounds and give them 100% of gate takings.

Cutting the league down to 18 teams, scraping the league cup and scraping FA Cup replays needs to be on the agenda.

Edit: Also move the Club World Cup to before the season, replacing 2 friendlies and being played around when the Community Shield and Super Cup are played.

Last edited:
Cutting the league down to 18 teams, scraping the league cup and scraping FA Cup replays needs to be on the agenda.

Edit: Also move the Club World Cup to before the season, replacing 2 friendlies and being played around when the Community Shield and Super Cup are played.

And instead they are thinking of adding more champions league games. It is stupid.

Jurgen needs a break from the game.
He is looking very tired. Has been noticeable for a while now.

Then i saw his after match press conference just now. It's probably worse than i thought.
He could barely concentrate on the questions asked, was easily distracted by whatever was occurring in the background,gave shorter responses than usual to the questions asked and was testy in general.

These are not good signs for his mental well being.

I'm afraid he will burn himself out.

Jurgen needs a break from the game.
He is looking very tired. Has been noticeable for a while now.

Then i saw his after match press conference just now. It's probably worse than i thought.
He could barely concentrate on the questions asked, was easily distracted by whatever was occurring in the background,gave shorter responses than usual to the questions asked and was testy in general.

These are not good signs for his mental well being.

I'm afraid he will burn himself out.

He has definitely mellowed out a bit, whether it's fatigue who knows. After this season he needs to have like two months in the Bahamas

He has definitely mellowed out a bit, whether it's fatigue who knows. After this season he needs to have like two months in the Bahamas

I think it is twofold. 1/ he was massively pissed off at not winning and having an extra game. 2/ it think Klopp genuinely does not give a s**t about the FA Cup. It is a waste of time And resources for him.

Would make some of the players who started yesterday play in the replay, don't deserve a break after that

That's pretty much what I thought. Play the same starting 11 in the replay. You lot are responsible for this, go out and redeem yourselves.

We need to be very careful if/when we reintegrate Fabinho, Matip and Lovren back into the senior side. They all looked like they'd never kicked a football before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back