The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Liverpool are considering a sensational move to re-sign Raheem Sterling, according to reports.
The 25-year-old left Anfield in controversial circumstances back in 2015 for £49million (A$99.5m).

The England international turned down the Reds’ offer of a new contract, before giving an unauthorised interview to the BBC.

He stated that he was motivated by trophies and not money, having just snubbed Liverpool’s latest £100,000-a-week ($203k) offer.

This story originally appeared in The Sun and was reproduced with permission.

If you guys aren't subscribed to the club YouTube channel, you should be. They have been uploading quite a few highlights videos over the past week.

At what cost? I would take him if his transfer fee wasn’t over the top.We do need to meet our homegrown quota.

Depends if City are willing to be reasonable which I doubt they would selling to a title rival. I think if we could get him for around 70-80m it would be a good deal. It would probably cost more in the 100+ range which I would be more wary of.

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Liverpool are considering a sensational move to re-sign Raheem Sterling, according to reports.
The 25-year-old left Anfield in controversial circumstances back in 2015 for £49million (A$99.5m).

The England international turned down the Reds’ offer of a new contract, before giving an unauthorised interview to the BBC.

He stated that he was motivated by trophies and not money, having just snubbed Liverpool’s latest £100,000-a-week ($203k) offer.

This story originally appeared in The Sunand was reproduced with permission.
Attention: Pretty much all Fox Sports .au articles about the Premier League or Liverpool are repackaged Sun articles.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
Virg going beastly

hNfP5IK.jpg

zepender

Debutant
May 22, 2019
Ladder Purgatory
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Premier League statement today:

The Premier League is working closely with the whole of professional football in this country, as well as with the Government, public agencies and other relevant stakeholders to ensure the game achieves a collaborative solution.
With this, there is a combined objective for all remaining domestic league and cup matches to be played, enabling us to maintain the integrity of each competition.
However, any return to play will only be with the full support of Government and when medical guidance allows.
The sporting and financial implications for Premier League clubs as well as for The FA, EFL and National League were considered at today’s meeting.

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
Very disappointed that the club is letting the government pay 80% of staff wages

The staff aren't even well paid compare to the club's profits, there would be zero problems covering their full wages considering how rich we are

Capitalism in action, privatize your profits, socialize your losses

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
True capitalism doesn’t work like that. That’s called unnecessary government interference. Something we’ve seen a lot of in the last 6 weeks.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Very disappointed that the club is letting the government pay 80% of staff wages

The staff aren't even well paid compare to the club's profits, there would be zero problems covering their full wages considering how rich we are

Capitalism in action, privatize your profits, socialize your losses

Yes agreed. I could accept furlough funding if the shutdown went on for 6 months or longer and the playing / executive group had already taken a massive hit.

But the stand down has only been for 3 weeks so far. Any PL club should be able to ride this out for 3-6 months. We should be paying our staff in full atm.

It's been very disappointing from the club after initially offering to pay all staff through the shut down. The fact players, coaches etc are yet to agree to take a pay cut (albeit across the entire league) is unbelievable given so many are on £50k a week or more.

The wages of the staff they are cutting might be lucky to be on £50k a year.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
It's been very disappointing from the club after initially offering to pay all staff through the shut down. The fact players, coaches etc are yet to agree to take a pay cut (albeit across the entire league) is unbelievable given so many are on £50k a week or more.

The wages of the staff they are cutting might be lucky to be on £50k a year.

‘perhaps it’s the players/staff not taking cuts that is forcing their hands, which would itself be disappointing. Perhaps it’s other investments in the same boat like Red Sox or Roma(?) doing the same. Perhaps it’s to do with the rumoured buyout of Rangers. I too think it looks poor, but I’m not sure I know enough about the situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back