The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very negative in here.
Mane hits the inside of post and the ball bounces out.
Sane hits the inside of the post and the ball bounces in.
Game of inches that could have gone either way.
We had a defensive mind set early and rightfully so.
We are still 4 points clear!

Man city have Arsenal & Chelsea in the next month.

Yeah sorry but we won't be able to help you out, City will put 4 or 5 past us.

Yeah it sucks we lost against the raging favourites for the title at their home ground. I’m pissed off too, but I don’t think slagging our players off is productive.
I agree that we shouldn’t be slagging off at our players. However, this was another one of those statement games where we finished as the loser again. Mentally it could be damaging.
Btw, City maybe the raging favourites with the bookies but we have the better team. The players might not believe it though. Also, Klopp has a poor record in big games. I’m not saying that Klopp isn’t up to it. I love him and think that he’s doing a grand job. Some people though for whatever reason seem to lose the games that count the most.

Nah. We were ordinary. City were the better team. Point would have been lucky.
Difference between 3, 1 and 0 points is Sané's goal hitting the post and going out and Mané's shot going in off the post. There wasn't a lot in it.

Not a single pundit would have said we didn't deserve it is we got a point.

Just on Lovren, we cant turf him. He's a decent enough squad player and we must keep him around to appease Salah. But JoGo should partner VVD moving forward.
I don’t blame Lovren. City’s attack can be lethal and our midfield didn’t seem to press as well as usual. Hendo and Milner just don’t seem to be as effective together against the great clubs.

If anyone says we were unlucky or it just went against us today they're an idiot. Would have been a steal to walk away with a point from that game.

No composure, no pressing and the inability to play through City was the worst I've seen this year.

Still in a good position and probably a good wake up call to be honest.

I read an article building a best combined team - about 12-15 journos did their team. In what were mostly 4-3-3 teams Man City occupied all three midfield spots in every team except one.

Fabinho was included in one team - probably undeservedly - and he didn’t even start for Liverpool.

Hardly surprising what happened. Keita and Fabrinho need to take over. Hopefully it happens. Hopefully Ox can add something as well.

Having said all that, Liverpool do not need to beat City to win the league.

Mane hits post ball comes out, Sane hit post ball goes in.

I also think the game was decided by dirty studs into Mo's leg. He was a bit slower after that. Would have been a red if not their home game.

In the end the goal from Aguero was the difference. Well done city.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swings and roundabouts?

Looked similar to the one Virgil got away with against Napoli.

Nothing like it, Kompany launched himseof two footed at Salah and didnt get the ball. Much more of a red than the VVD challenge.

Aguero shoud have been booked for simulation and a FK awarded just prior to his goal also, threw himself on the ground after VVD headed away.

Sadio's chance was far easier than Sane's, he should've buried it without the margin of the post. His finishing's been way too wayward this year

The difference between him and Mo is that Mo buries those

Over a 38 game season there ar gonna be games where you fluke a result (Pickford clanger in the derby) and games like this morning (Ref should have sent Kompany,
off, they cleared the ball by the finest of margins and Sane scored by the finest of margins via a deflection).

Not too concerned by dropping points. Will start to worry if we have a spate of poor results.

Nothing like it, Kompany launched himseof two footed at Salah and didnt get the ball. Much more of a red than the VVD challenge.

Aguero shoud have been booked for simulation and a FK awarded just prior to his goal also, threw himself on the ground after VVD headed away.
They looked pretty similar to me and both probs should have been red imo.

Yeah Kun did flop, but they havent really being pulling that s**t up all season.

Still in your hands though. Go pool:thumbsu:

So my thoughts on the game. Well we played horribly really. Sure we had chances, Mane should score, we were unlucky with the 1cm goal line clearance and Kompany really should have been sent off. But outside of that, we really were quite poor. Couldnt hold onto the ball, could even get it through midfield.

It's disappointing because had we won that game, we would have been 9 clear of Spurs and 10 clear of City and you could basically start putting the champers on ice. As it is, we didnt rise to the occasion like I hoped we would. And now we are stuck in a real title race with a pretty slender lead still with 17 games to go. Looooooong way to go.

Do I think we can win the league? We certainly can, but do I believe we will... I'll be honest, I dont. 28 years of disappointment and too many close shaves and "Being Liverpool" moments have conditioned me this way.

But I hope, I really do hope we can. But City are now close, they will smell blood and have won titles before. They know what it is all about.

The next couple of league games are huge, if we can just quickly start winning again, chalk this off as a blip and keep the momentum, then maybe we can go on with it.

On the flip side if someone said to me at the beginning of the season, I will give you a four point head start with 17 games to go, I would have bitten your arm off. Plus losing to City away is standard for almost every team in world football. So there is no shame in losing there. They truly are an unbelievable side. What they have done over the past 18 months has been incredible.

So we just have to pick ourselves up and go again. We just went 20 games in the league winning 17 and drawing 3. If we can just replicate that on the way home, I think we can get over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back