Not open for further replies.
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

They try to paint themselves as the underdog but they ain't fooling nobody

Laughable. Sane isnt a starting XI player. Laporte is a big miss obviously but we also have Matip out. Ederson yeah but we had Allison out for the first 9 games so big deal. Certainly nothing like the "nearly an entire team out injured".

Oh and Aguero was 38m not 15m!

Jan 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, PAOK
Who cares who is the underdog. 6 points on the line. Just win.

Exactly. It is ridiculous how obsessed some people are with being underdogs. They need that cover in case we lose so they can say "See told you City is worth more we cant compete with that budget blah blah" Fact is City are missing 3 or so starters. We are missing one (Matip) We are favourite like it or lump it. Does it mean we can't lose? Of course not, City are still a quality side. But geez just focus on and enjoy the game, people are too worried about having to explain the result, whatever it may be to people in the main thread. Just relax and enjoy biggest game of the season coming up.

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
Exactly. It is ridiculous how obsessed some people are with being underdogs. They need that cover in case we lose so they can say "See told you City is worth more we cant compete with that budget blah blah" Fact is City are missing 3 or so starters. We are missing one (Matip) We are favourite like it or lump it. Does it mean we can't lose? Of course not, City are still a quality side. But geez just focus on and enjoy the game, people are too worried about having to explain the result, whatever it may be to people in the main thread. Just relax and enjoy biggest game of the season coming up.

Nah, people just find it funny that City loves to talk themselves down as the little horse when they have the most expensive squad in football history. Not sure why people get their knickers in a knot over a bit of fact checking

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Nah, people just find it funny that City loves to talk themselves down as the little horse when they have the most expensive squad in football history. Not sure why people get their knickers in a knot over a bit of fact checking
Yeah I agree. They try the woe is me line when they have the deepest most expensive squad in the world. I don't think either of us are underdogs. Two evenly matched teams which could go either way. Excited for tonight.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
That's the worrying thing is that we just aren't keeping clean sheets. So I expect City to get at least one which then means we need at least two.

Stating the obvious here but a win tonight would be absolutely massive in the title race.

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We had a similar lead last year and they ran us down.

Still a long, long way to go in the season.

I know but beating them can destroy their confidence. We are already in their heads just look at pep and his obsession with talking about us in every interview. This will be in the players too. They are already behind us and don't look as strong as last year. Win tonight is massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back